Just a heads up so you don't make the same mistake I did... the playbook version of PDF Creator Ultimate is very poor. It looks nothing like the screenshot and does have close to what I would view as adequate functionality to deserve being a paid app. To be fair to the developer (which I don't see why I should since he deleted my negative... but accurate and respectful review)... Ice Cold Apps does put a warning on the App World page. But they don't adequately describe what functionality is missing. I bought it based on the reviews (before I learned that a developer can delete and review he wants). So all I saw is positive reviews and I have no idea how many they have deleted. Plus the fact that I really need this functionality, as I pdf all my receipts. I fully admit that I should have tried the free version first, but I think it is still warranted to post this so others don't make my mistake.

Anyhow, here is what the App World Post looks like... you can see the vague, but written notice to playbook users... I decided to buy because of the positive reviews and 5 star rating (my bad).

Here is what you actually get...

OK, so it's an early release... and it looks like something not even worthy of WinCE. But it can't do anything with the it. There is no way to get the pdf of the playbook. It's missing the most important functionality of the App... to retrieved the pdf! I emailed the developer and he said it was the first release and it will be updated. OK... but should you be charging for this?

After nearly a month... plus the developer deleting my review... I have given up on waiting.

So I'm out a couple bucks... I'm not gonna cry about that. What really irritates my is the BB policy of allowing developers to delete my review. What incentive do I have to review if I want improvements or to let others know of my experience.... and what incentive does Ice Cold Apps have if they can just delete my review?
    12-21-11 04:48 AM
    It does appear that all thie vendor's apps are rated 4+ stars, each app having several hundred reviews; rather unusual.
    12-21-11 05:15 AM
    I should try that at work! I'll just delete anything negative and keep the positive, thus creating a false impression of me and my work......YES!!!
    12-21-11 06:21 AM
    Note: we are not the developers of the app mentioned above.

Apparently, when a review is deleted it's rating still counts towards the total. That's why the stars don't always add up. So even though your text does not appear, your rating remains.

When a dev approves or denies a review, it is submitted to RIM, who are supposed to check it too. It seems like whatever a dev chooses to delete is accepted by RIM. It's a shame some devs abuse the review system, and that RIM doesn't enforce a stricter policy.

But remember that not all devs do this! We try to include all user feedback where possible. We even leave reviews in there where the user is clearly wrong and hasn't read or understood the instructions. For our Files & Folders app a couple of reviews were automatically deleted by RIM due to bad language. We've deleted a couple that were not relevant to the functioning of our app, but were due to App World problems or other factors beyond our control. All the others remain. Thankfully, they are overwhelmingly positive :-)

There have been many calls for a feature that allows devs to contact reviewers to offer support, and for a feature that allows a reviewer to change his/her review later when an issue is resolved. Let's hope RIM implement this soon!
    12-21-11 08:01 AM
    Note: we are not the developers of the app mentioned above.

Apparently, when a review is deleted it's rating still counts towards the total. That's why the stars don't always add up. So even though your text does not appear, your rating remains.

When a dev approves or denies a review, it is submitted to RIM, who are supposed to check it too. It seems like whatever a dev chooses to delete is accepted by RIM. It's a shame some devs abuse the review system, and that RIM doesn't enforce a stricter policy.

But remember that not all devs do this! We try to include all user feedback where possible. We even leave reviews in there where the user is clearly wrong and hasn't read or understood the instructions. For our Files & Folders app a couple of reviews were automatically deleted by RIM due to bad language. We've deleted a couple that were not relevant to the functioning of our app, but were due to App World problems or other factors beyond our control. All the others remain. Thankfully, they are overwhelmingly positive :-)

There have been many calls for a feature that allows devs to contact reviewers to offer support, and for a feature that allows a reviewer to change his/her review later when an issue is resolved. Let's hope RIM implement this soon!
    File & Folders is just awesome.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    Innovatology likes this.
    11-11-12 10:49 AM
    Just a heads up so you don't make the same mistake I did... the playbook version of PDF Creator Ultimate is very poor. It looks nothing like the screenshot and does have close to what I would view as adequate functionality to deserve being a paid app. To be fair to the developer (which I don't see why I should since he deleted my negative... but accurate and respectful review)... Ice Cold Apps does put a warning on the App World page. But they don't adequately describe what functionality is missing. I bought it based on the reviews (before I learned that a developer can delete and review he wants). So all I saw is positive reviews and I have no idea how many they have deleted. Plus the fact that I really need this functionality, as I pdf all my receipts. I fully admit that I should have tried the free version first, but I think it is still warranted to post this so others don't make my mistake.

Anyhow, here is what the App World Post looks like... you can see the vague, but written notice to playbook users... I decided to buy because of the positive reviews and 5 star rating (my bad).

http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuplo...3f49ec727b.jpg

Here is what you actually get...
    http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuplo...bd534137e8.jpg

OK, so it's an early release... and it looks like something not even worthy of WinCE. But it can't do anything with the it. There is no way to get the pdf of the playbook. It's missing the most important functionality of the App... to retrieved the pdf! I emailed the developer and he said it was the first release and it will be updated. OK... but should you be charging for this?

After nearly a month... plus the developer deleting my review... I have given up on waiting.

So I'm out a couple bucks... I'm not gonna cry about that. What really irritates my is the BB policy of allowing developers to delete my review. What incentive do I have to review if I want improvements or to let others know of my experience.... and what incentive does Ice Cold Apps have if they can just delete my review?
    Yes I agree it does not look like the Image in App World and needs much improvement but ..... it does work to take photos and turn them into PDF. Regarding the save feature>>>
    (1) Save as will allow you to save it to your Documents folder (if you like) or anywhere else in your file structure including your BB Smartphone
    (2) You can also select "Share" which will allow you to email it using the native PB email.

So - yes still needs much work - I am not sure what the paid version offers beyond the free version - but if you need a simple utility to photograph an image and make it into a PDF to save or send - this app will do the job. At a minimum would be a crop feature and the UI is as plain as anything I have seen. I understand there is a similar app called Handy Scanner - it has some good reviews and also some comments about the Crop feature not working etc. It is silly that after this long there does not exist an all inclusive PDF management app for PB. QPDF is another great app for PDF's - the best we have but it does not include a "scan" and crop feature (photo to PDF). IF QPDF included this feature I think it would have all the features I require
    11-12-12 09:57 AM
    9 month old thread back from the dead?

It seems the only mistake they have done is put the PlayBook version with the phone version..
    Guessing from the reviews most of them must be for the Phone version as is obvious from the screen shots too..

What they should really do is create a new Product page as "PDF Creator Ultimate for PlayBook" and keep them both separate..
    11-12-12 11:48 AM
    Seems like pretty good app. I used free version on my phone and it works well. I guess the biggest problem for playbook is that front camera has no focus so pictures will never come out sharp. On the other hand camera on my 9810 works like a charm and pdf looks more than adequate.
    11-12-12 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD