Hey Nation...

2 quick (nagging) questions I hope get answered here..

I had Cartoontube installed on my 16G Playbook and when I uninstalled it through AppWorld I still have remnants of the app. Every time I run an android app now I get Cartoontube updates to an app that has been long uninstalled! I've been trying to find an app to get rid of Cartoontube completely but so far no such luck.

Q2: How do I get rid of the American video store icon? I tried to get it running when it became available in Canada (sort of thru McDonalds wifi?) and wasn't able too. Now that I have the Canadian version installed I have 2 video store icons.

TIA for all your replies!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Search these forums for the android settings app and sideload it. The app is already included with RIM's implementation but is hidden. This app will fail since you do not have root access but it will leave behind an icon to run the app.

The Android settings allows manual removal of apps that were not not removed fully. This is usually due to user error. When you uninstall an android app from qnx it removes the icon and schedules the android removal process, which happens about 5 to 15 seconds later.

Good luck.
    08-29-12 06:21 PM
    Hey Nation...

2 quick (nagging) questions I hope get answered here..

I had Cartoontube installed on my 16G Playbook and when I uninstalled it through AppWorld I still have remnants of the app. Every time I run an android app now I get Cartoontube updates to an app that has long been uninstalled! I've been trying to find an app to get rid of Cartoontube completely but so far no such luck.

Q2: How do I get rid of the American video store icon? I tried to get it running when it became available in Canada (sort of thru McDonalds wifi?) and wasn't able too. Now that I have the Canadian version installed I have 2 video store icons.

TIA for all your replies!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oobergeek; 08-29-12 at 07:20 PM.
    08-29-12 06:56 PM
    I have the exact same issue the GoWeather app I installed. even after uninstalling it, I still get the nagging exclamation symbol in the top left corner informing me that updates were installed. this happens every time I launch an Android app.
    08-30-12 05:21 PM
    Try this, compliments of SifJar, "I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually."
    08-30-12 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD