Hello there, let me introduce my new app, LockBot for the Blackberry Playbook!

For Playbook users who doesn't set passwords or wanted a customizable lockscreen(like myself), I made this app specifically to satisfy the cravings for a lockscreen

Lockbot is a "virtual" lockscreen for the playbook.

Featured Image:

Why "virtual"? Due to the app's design are all sandboxed up in Playbook, it means that this lockscreen will behave as an "app" just like any other.

It will NOT auto lock your screen, or automatically appear when the device is in standby mode and can be brought up by swiping from the bottom bezel just like any other app.

The usage of this app is to serve as a virtual lockscreen and prevents any gestures on the playbook other than swiping from the bezels.

I've run a few testings, and this lock screen can prevent users from launching apps accidentally when inside the briefcase or pocket. But it's still vulnerable to gestures from the bezel tho

How to use:

Open this app and let it occupy the whole screen before putting the playbook to standby mode. So when the playbook is activated by swiping across the bezel, this app will serve as a lockscreen.

Screenshots:
    Buy LockBot Pro - Download LockBot Pro - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Buy LockBot Pro - Download LockBot Pro - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    08-16-12 12:23 AM
    So the app keeps running while on standby? No battery drains?
    08-16-12 06:51 AM
    nope, the app is suspended when the playbook is on standby
    08-16-12 07:09 AM
    Was looking for something that will lock the screen while daughter is watching video like the lock button on blackberry phone!! Guessing not available yet!!
    08-16-12 12:07 PM
    Update: The price is now 0.99 as introductionary price.
    08-16-12 11:17 PM
    Interesting...
    08-17-12 06:58 AM
    Unless you're willing to research xsacha's proof of concept that disables bezel swipes, I can't see any real point to this app.but if yoy add that, the app would be awesome!
    08-18-12 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD