is there anyway to remote view my dvr cameras on the playbook?
    07-29-11 01:50 AM
    If your CCTV connected to the net, then u can use the IP address to view it (wireless)
    if using cable etc, then I don't know
    07-29-11 04:42 AM
    i am in the same boat

i have a cctv setup through a dvr which i can view anywhere in the world online on my laptop, but the play book wont show the video

i think it is because the dvr video uses activex or something

i too need help and advice on this

i also have the video on my torch using the free app, ASee

steve
    07-29-11 06:35 AM
    There is ASee for Android. I tried loading it up using the Android Player-- got program running but wasn't able to connect to cameras. I suspect it is merely a matter of time before Asee can run via Android player. Hopefully, a new leak of Android Player will fix that.
    07-29-11 07:42 AM
    Moving thread to PB Apps & Games
    07-29-11 08:12 AM
    i am in the same boat

i have a cctv setup through a dvr which i can view anywhere in the world online on my laptop, but the play book wont show the video

steve
    i cant even view it on my laptop. there is something blocking it when i put in the ip address. is there something you can turn off to view them?
    07-30-11 01:22 AM
    i am in the same boat

steve
    also when you connect on your torch do you get an error that says connect time out? any help is appreciated
    07-30-11 01:37 AM
    I don't know if this would help you, but I loaded "IP Camera Viewer" on the Android player, and I can see my Panasonic IP cameras. It works very well for me.

Good luck!
    07-30-11 08:18 AM
    Jemmo,

be sure that you have the ports opened and forwarded.
    you need to open a different port for phones
    you might have to check the 'compatability tab' on interent explorer.
    the only way i was able to view on my torch was to have a dyndns account for it.
    if you have one, be sure there isnt any blank spaces after your password or address, since it will cause problems. for some reason the software reads blank characters as input and it screws it up
    08-01-11 06:23 AM
    If the camera's use an IP address there are apps, if your camera's require you to use a website and that website uses a java, or active X plugin then you are out of luck since the PB does not support those YET. It IS possible, that support for java applets and active x plugins will be added to the PB browser at some point. Highly possible, the PB certainly has the horse power, and is already java friendly.
    08-01-11 09:22 AM
    I am in the same boat here, just located this thread. I haven't found a workaround yet though ...

Edit: I see 2 apps in App World
    1. IP CAM - has a small list of cameras that they support, my 2 D-link cameras are not supported
    2. MC Megapixel IP Viewer - is a proprietary program that supports only their cameras

Come on Android Player!!
    Last edited by Alberta Blue; 08-04-11 at 02:14 PM.
    08-04-11 02:10 PM
    Are there any updates to this question?

I have a generic Everview Security DVRand would like to view the cameras on the Playbook. It too has activeX software that prevents it from being seen on the webpage.

There is an andriod app for the Z10 that works fine called ViewCam but I dont know how to get it to work on the playbook?
    06-11-14 08:41 AM
    This app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...treamax.client

You can request that it be converted to a BAR on this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...l#post10462173

NOTE: The PB Android emulator is dated at best. Even apps that are compatible with the Android versoin on the PB (Gingerbread) are not guaranteed to work when converted.
    06-11-14 08:54 AM
    I am in the same boat here, just located this thread. I haven't found a workaround yet though ...

Edit: I see 2 apps in App World
    1. IP CAM - has a small list of cameras that they support, my 2 D-link cameras are not supported
    2. MC Megapixel IP Viewer - is a proprietary program that supports only their cameras

Come on Android Player!!
    IP Cam Viewer is published by hit-mob.com

Here is the list of compatible devices
    Device Support List « Hit-Mob.com
    06-11-14 09:08 AM
    APK to Bar Online Converter
    isn't this the area I do a conversion?
    06-11-14 09:26 AM
    APK to Bar Online Converter
    isn't this the area I do a conversion?
    Yep, you can use that tool -- provided you have the APK file.
    06-11-14 09:40 AM
    okay, i converted the ViewCam for andriod to a BAR file and I can load it up and set it up and get access to the remote controls and settings of the dvr, but when I go to the live view feed it completely crashes.

Is there any way to get an older version of the ViewCam for gingerbread? that might work? where would I get it?
    06-11-14 10:47 AM
    I was able to use bDMSS from BB App World and it seems to work.. a bit rudimentary but it does pull up my DVR

(long time lurker, first time poster)
    06-13-14 02:11 PM
    Does bdmss work on the playbook? I can't locate it for the playbook?

I have converted a handfuls of .apk programs, but none of them work. The viewcam ap will load and give me access to the settings , buts crashes and closes when I try to open a camera view.
    06-18-14 05:24 AM