There's an ongoing sale of $0.99 movies in the PlayBook's Video Store. Over the weekend, I download five of them. Also over the weekend, my broadband went down and the Video Store was unable to connect to its servers. This resulted in the Video Store going into "offline mode" and only two of the movies I downloaded were listed when I launched the app. I found, however, that all the movies were accessible and playable from the Video Player, though without the fancy movie poster icon that would normally be displayed in the Video Store.

Anyway, just a head's up for those who might have downloaded movies and are having problems with them not being listed in the "offline mode" of the Video Store. Use the Video Player.
    Last edited by cbvinh; 12-02-13 at 01:06 PM.
    12-02-13 12:31 PM
    Where is the "video store"? Is this in the app world or in the music store?
    Thanks,
    12-02-13 12:44 PM
    Where is the "video store"? Is this in the app world or in the music store?
    Thanks,
    The Video Store is a default app on the PlayBook, but its existence varies with which region you're in. Not all regions are allowed to access the Video Store due to licensing agreements. If it was a downloadable app, it would be in BlackBerry World.
    12-02-13 01:04 PM
    The Video Store is a default app on the PlayBook, but its existence varies with which region you're in. Not all regions are allowed to access the Video Store due to licensing agreements. If it was a downloadable app, it would be in BlackBerry World.
    As an aside, is it any wonder piracy is widespread when media companies make buying so difficult.
    12-02-13 02:59 PM