Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geokilla
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    29A8E4B2
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Video player for playbook

Ok, yesterday I was showing a friend my PB and he was showing me his Samsung 5 inches tablet, he showed me that his default vid player plays dual lang movies with SRT subs, question: is there an video player from android or PB that does that? that I don't have to convert and burn in the subs...sometimes is a hassle, after you download a movie!!!...

Tryied VLC, but it dunnot find the movies...
    Editor & PR Manager
    Chozadigital.com-> Technology and Entertainment. (Spanish)
    BBs: 8320 -> 9530 -> 9800 -> 9790 -> Z10 + Playbook 64Gb
    Also used Samsung S3,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    630 Global Posts

is that the samsung note? I'm seriously in love with that phone and I'm a diehard bb fan.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    29A8E4B2
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by LuayS View Post
    is that the samsung note? I'm seriously in love with that phone and I'm a diehard bb fan.
    Nope! Don't remember the model!
    CrackBerry Addict

There is movie srt player for android you can sideload.. But the codec support on playbook is very limited.
    CrackBerry User

I haven't tried it yet but there's an app in AppWorld called MovieSrtPlayer that allows you to view subtitles on the default PB movie player. Here's a link:

Buy MovieSrtPlayer for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download MovieSrtPlayer for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

It's $1.99.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    29A8E4B2
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by funkysquid View Post
    I haven't tried it yet but there's an app in AppWorld called MovieSrtPlayer that allows you to view subtitles on the default PB movie player. Here's a link:

Buy MovieSrtPlayer for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download MovieSrtPlayer for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

It's $1.99.
    Still missing the get more files supports!
    Editor & PR Manager
    Chozadigital.com-> Technology and Entertainment. (Spanish)
    BBs: 8320 -> 9530 -> 9800 -> 9790 -> Z10 + Playbook 64Gb
    Also used Samsung S3,

Someone mentioned MovieSRTPlayer is an android app. It is NOT android. It has been around since almost the beginning of the pb. But you do need to find/have the xxx.srt file that contains the subtitles for xxx movie. You can adjust the size, color, font and location of the subtitle.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

Is there an Android video player that we can sideload that will play Amazon movies?
    CrackBerry User

None of the Android video players work. I tried MX Video Player, VPlayer, and RockPlayer. They all give me an error such as unsupported device, or just flat out refuse to play the file. VLC might work but it's too buggy right now to even better trying.

I am disappointed at the Android emulator. I am disappointed at BlackBerry.
    teg604 likes this.