Hey Crackberry addicts,

I just got my own PB and Ill be leaving the country for a few weeks and I want to stay in touch with my family back home. Is there anything Skype like on the PB that doesn't require me getting another PB for my parents? Maybe something PB to laptop vid chat?
    12-13-11 12:44 PM
    As far as I know there is nothing like that yet. Just PB to PB video chat.
    12-13-11 12:48 PM
    i would suggest A V by aol just search for it in google, works well with the playbook and can be used from a computer as well, no software install nessecary. it works though the browser
    ghostworld and jafobabe like this.
    12-13-11 12:50 PM
    Hey Crackberry addicts,

I just got my own PB and Ill be leaving the country for a few weeks and I want to stay in touch with my family back home. Is there anything Skype like on the PB that doesn't require me getting another PB for my parents? Maybe something PB to laptop vid chat?
    You can download an app called ReelPortal from the app store onto your PB and other computers. You will then have to create a room, with a password and send it to your folks so that they can join in there. It works fine, but there are a lot of non-sense users in the open connection so be aware.

The other option is getting the e-phone by Comwave (found in the app world). Now that costs $20/year and gives you 3000 minutes to call between 57 countries. You get your own phone number/s and can call landline and cell phone alike, and also there is video chat. This app can be downloaded onto your PB, and onto a Mac or PC. There is a free version of this, but thats only for 3 days and gives you 3 minute call limit- try to see if you like it. To use video chat you will have to download the version onto your PB and the computers also, to call only the PB will do (as it can call any number and anyone can call you back- make sure you have the app running and not idle).

Hope this gives you a few options
    12-13-11 12:58 PM
    i would suggest A V by aol just search for it in google, works well with the playbook and can be used from a computer as well, no software install nessecary. it works though the browser
    +1

AOL AV works best for me... AV by AOL - Let's video chat!
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-13-11 01:26 PM
    Apparently faceflow, which is browser based works and is free.
    12-13-11 08:20 PM
    +1

AOL AV works best for me... AV by AOL - Let's video chat!
    Thankyou ever so much. I've been waiting to video chat with my family and friends. This just seals the deal on the reasons why I bought my full-priced Playbook.

Thanks a million dude!
    12-13-11 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD