hi ,
    I just bought a 64gb playbook, the video chat app is missing. I did a factory reset and even connected it to the desktop manager to see if that would help, but no use... could someone please help me in figuring out what is happening, how I could get the video chat app to show... i am on the latest os, not the 2.0 dev...
    Thanks.
    11-30-11 06:35 PM
    What country are you in? Have you tried checking for updates to see if it gets pushed ro your Playbook?
    11-30-11 06:38 PM
    What country are you in? Have you tried checking for updates to see if it gets pushed ro your Playbook?
    I am in Canada, near toronto...
    11-30-11 06:40 PM
    I checked for updates, even then nothing came up...
    11-30-11 06:42 PM
    Did you have the video chat app prior to your reset? You may loose it if you did a security wipe. Try using the debrick process to reload the os. If that doesn't work, you may have to call Rimm and see what they suggest.

You also didn't mention if you bought it new.
    11-30-11 06:48 PM
    Did you have the video chat app prior to your reset? You may loose it if you did a security wipe. Try using the debrick process to reload the os. If that doesn't work, you may have to call Rimm and see what they suggest.

You also didn't mention if you bought it new.
    Yea i bought it new... first time i ran it i saw that i didnt have the video chat app... thats when i reset the playbook...
    11-30-11 06:55 PM
    Try the debrick and if that doesn't fix it call Rimm.
    11-30-11 07:02 PM
    Same issue with my playbook as well.
    Bought a 64GB playbook. First time turned on, it downloaded update then did its thing.

Cannot see video chat icon. Everything else works perfectly fine.
    Called up RIM, they guided me through the force update debricking process (turning playbook off and connecting to Desktop Software) But still no dice.
    No video chat icon. I'm at a loss as to what is going on.
    Everything else is perfectly fine, but I can't see the icon for the video chat. :S
    I can use BBM through bridge and everything as well. :S

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.
    Location is Canada, ON
    12-01-11 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD