Thanks man! Sorry you had trouble, what was it exactly, old .cfg file ? it's the only thing I can think of ...
    I guess it was the .cfg file. It was probably the first one you had posted or something, so I deleted it like you said in your post, and now it works.
    01-29-12 08:25 PM
    remaining issues ...

1) audio glitching, stuttering
    switch to different audio driver I think, or re-write for SDL_Mixer rather than the current stereo buffer cramming into SDL sound.

2) no zip 'FEX' support, the bulk code is compiled but some of the code is kind of screwed up.

3) No ROM cycling for GB,GBC games
    - not tested but it will look for .gb gbc games and at least on first load should start up. I need to modify the main emulator loop so that it suspends itself, reloads a game and re-initializes currently it's only done for the GBA core ( the emulator is basically 2 emulators in one )
    01-29-12 08:31 PM
    I guess it was the .cfg file. It was probably the first one you had posted or something, so I deleted it like you said in your post, and now it works.
    Aaah yeah ... So for anyone reading this, delete the misc\vbampb\vbam.cfg file on your playbook folder if your having issues or mega glitchiness. The games are playable but you'll hear stuttering in the sound , some games on the latest release run a little fast even ...

Thanks good find!
    tehJBE likes this.
    01-29-12 08:34 PM
    remaining issues ...

1) audio glitching, stuttering
    switch to different audio driver I think, or re-write for SDL_Mixer rather than the current stereo buffer cramming into SDL sound.

2) no zip 'FEX' support, the bulk code is compiled but some of the code is kind of screwed up.

3) No ROM cycling for GB,GBC games
    - not tested but it will look for .gb gbc games and at least on first load should start up. I need to modify the main emulator loop so that it suspends itself, reloads a game and re-initializes currently it's only done for the GBA core ( the emulator is basically 2 emulators in one )
    I still couldn't get GBC games working, could anybody else? I tried making it so there were no games in there but GBC and it still just closes it quickly. Have you gotten gbc working on it? or just optimized the code so it now searches for it?

and+ anybody have a game that runs playable (assuming it has to be a GBA game as that's what's working) I tried out pokemon fire and final fantasy VI and both of them are unplayable in it's current state.

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Wow actually runs perfect (except for the sound) for GBA games. Great progress man! Wow!
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 01-29-12 at 09:52 PM.
    01-29-12 09:45 PM
    I still couldn't get GBC games working, could anybody else? I tried making it so there were no games in there but GBC and it still just closes it quickly. Have you gotten gbc working on it? or just optimized the code so it now searches for it?

and+ anybody have a game that runs playable (assuming it has to be a GBA game as that's what's working) I tried out pokemon fire and final fantasy VI and both of them are unplayable in it's current state.

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Wow actually runs perfect (except for the sound) for GBA games. Great progress man! Wow!
    Froggy this one is working very well for me.

Lots of games (seek smaller ones) are working great even with audio for me now. Good improvement thanks!!
    01-29-12 11:43 PM
    Froggy this one is working very well for me.

Lots of games (seek smaller ones) are working great even with audio for me now. Good improvement thanks!!
    thanks, I basically went through the main loop and disabled 'cheats/debugging' and any code that dynamically affected some aspects of the emulator unrelated to actually gameplay. I also force a discarding audio buffer, switched on some compiler flag tweaks that increase code size a little but eliminate frame overhead, I'd say roughly doubled performance but we are still left with audio sync and glitches. So I basically cherry picked to get speed up, next step is new audio engine and ideally GLES flipping SDL frame buffer... all good fun!
    KermEd likes this.
    01-30-12 09:00 AM
    I guess a PSP emulator would be too much to ask for and/or too much for the PB to handle?
    01-30-12 09:16 AM
    Does anyone else have a problem with the save states resetting? I cant seem to find what the problem would be.

>/start: comment/<
    I would just like to thank you FroggyFace this is some phenomenal work you are doing. I love FCEUXpb, VBAMpb, and your HuGo emulators. You are really giving me and many others an extraordinarily enjoyable PlayBook experience.
    >/end: comment/<
    KermEd likes this.
    01-30-12 08:57 PM
    Does anyone else have a problem with the save states resetting? I cant seem to find what the problem would be.

>/start: comment/<
    I would just like to thank you FroggyFace this is some phenomenal work you are doing. I love FCEUXpb, VBAMpb, and your HuGo emulators. You are really giving me and many others an extraordinarily enjoyable PlayBook experience.
    >/end: comment/<
    Thanks I need to look at the saves not sure if it's truly persisting ...
    01-31-12 10:38 AM
    So I did a little bit of trial and error trouble shooting. The problem seems to be that my most recent save state persists until I create one for a different rom. Following this the save state from the previous game will be over written or reset. Does that make sense?

I cant really see why there would be a conflict though seeing as each .sav is it own file they are not a cumulative image.
    01-31-12 01:31 PM
    Hm. I'm having some problems with the latest release. I know for fact my stuff is in the right folders. Once the app is installed, I go to run it and it starts to load up (consume the whole screen when you first open any app) and then crashed. It never gets past the white screen. I checked to see if it was creating the folders on startup and it did, except it didn't make any files. I'm on the latest 2.0 beta build.
    01-31-12 02:05 PM
    So I did a little bit of trial and error trouble shooting. The problem seems to be that my most recent save state persists until I create one for a different rom. Following this the save state from the previous game will be over written or reset. Does that make sense?

I cant really see why there would be a conflict though seeing as each .sav is it own file they are not a cumulative image.
    Anyone feel free to correct this but, the .sav files are actual saves, ie if I go into Zelda and create a profile, it is loaded to the . sav file. The save states however are different, they are the product of the emulator and not a feature of the game, they are something you can use in the emulator to take a "screenshot" of the game and then come back to that exact point later. Are you talking about save games or save states?
    01-31-12 03:31 PM
    First off, awesome app, love it and all the work you're doing Froggy.

Working on my Playbook, problem with Pokemon Fire Red however.

"The 1-M circuit board is not installed" shows up after the splash screen when it says press start.

When you try to save in-game, "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory"

Googling led me to this Pokemon Problem: "The 1-M Circuit Board is not Installed" ???? - Emuforums.com

Is there a way to change the save type to 128k? Another way is to put an .ini file in the same directory as the .exe (this obviously works for PC)

Haven't tried any other games yet, but would be awesome if you can find a way to be able for us to set save types.

Edit: I see the mention of a .cfg file, but I don't have anything on my Z, was this something the program is supposed to load?
    Last edited by jsquadrilla; 01-31-12 at 05:39 PM.
    01-31-12 05:27 PM
    Latest version works great. Deleted the config file then loaded the new version and lo and behold, Pokemon booted up nicely.

Having the same issue with Pokemon Fire Red as the post above, however.
    m5rk likes this.
    01-31-12 06:48 PM
    Thanks, I've took your advice I have an optional donation paypal button ...
    froggyface

Don't feel obligated to do this but if I can get a few pints of beer out of my coding, I'm smiling!
    Sending a bit more - just as a thank you for sticking with this.

Ed.
    froggyface likes this.
    01-31-12 07:39 PM
    i install the .bar file via ddpb installer, and like other people im getting a splash screen, so idk what to do because the only files under misc/ are /vbampb/vbampb and /vbam/... what am i doing wrong
    01-31-12 09:46 PM
    Totally awesome man, thanks for all the ports!
    01-31-12 09:49 PM
    First off, thank you. This is awesome. I'm playing Golden Sun on my PB, it just reached a new level of wow with me. Everything is working great except how do i load my saved games? I can save my current game and see the .sav file but do not know how to access it.
    01-31-12 10:02 PM
    first, I thank you sir for taking the time and effort to make this possible. I do have one problem tho, every time I save my game and exit and come back, its not there anymore. Am I doing something wrong? is it suppose to do that? thank you again
    01-31-12 10:07 PM
    First off, thank you. This is awesome. I'm playing Golden Sun on my PB, it just reached a new level of wow with me. Everything is working great except how do i load my saved games? I can save my current game and see the .sav file but do not know how to access it.
    Play the game as if the .sav doesn't exist.

Load the game up, and however the game loads saves, it will.

It's exactly as if you're playing it on your GameBoy.
    02-01-12 07:50 AM
    First off, awesome app, love it and all the work you're doing Froggy.

Working on my Playbook, problem with Pokemon Fire Red however.

"The 1-M circuit board is not installed" shows up after the splash screen when it says press start.

When you try to save in-game, "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory"

Googling led me to this Pokemon Problem: "The 1-M Circuit Board is not Installed" ???? - Emuforums.com

Is there a way to change the save type to 128k? Another way is to put an .ini file in the same directory as the .exe (this obviously works for PC)

Haven't tried any other games yet, but would be awesome if you can find a way to be able for us to set save types.

Edit: I see the mention of a .cfg file, but I don't have anything on my Z, was this something the program is supposed to load?
    The cnf file has the flash memory option for automatic or 64K, I dunno right now. But, if you change to 128K it will be fixed. Just open on Notepad from your PC and press Ctrl+F and search the 128. The number right after that one drives the choice of memory, so switch to 128.

This will fix Leaf Green, but Fire Red copies have trouble with it. I sticked with Green but chose Charmander though
    02-01-12 12:01 PM
    The cnf file has the flash memory option for automatic or 64K, I dunno right now. But, if you change to 128K it will be fixed. Just open on Notepad from your PC and press Ctrl+F and search the 128. The number right after that one drives the choice of memory, so switch to 128.

This will fix Leaf Green, but Fire Red copies have trouble with it. I sticked with Green but chose Charmander though
    cnf file? Don't think I saw that in there either. Where's that file located/do you have a copy of it to send over?
    02-01-12 12:16 PM
    Hi I am currently using the os 2.0.0.7111 on my playbook and Whenever I tried to load up the VBA it closes at the white screen and also it does create the folders misc/vbam and also misc/vbam but both folders are also empty.
    I really want this emulator to work on my playbook however it will not create any of the files...
    I really enjoy the snes9x emulator that is amazing however cant save on that!
    Thanks so much guys you've made my playbook more then worthwhile :P
    02-01-12 07:52 PM
    I can play game but i don't hear any sound, please help me
    02-01-12 09:33 PM
    Hi I am currently using the os 2.0.0.7111 on my playbook and Whenever I tried to load up the VBA it closes at the white screen and also it does create the folders misc/vbam and also misc/vbam but both folders are also empty.
    I really want this emulator to work on my playbook however it will not create any of the files...
    I really enjoy the snes9x emulator that is amazing however cant save on that!
    Thanks so much guys you've made my playbook more then worthwhile :P
    7111 works fine. Delete your .cfg file if it still won't load, remove all roms and try a different rom (lower case file extension). If that doesn't work try a third. If it still doesn't work you have a bad gba bios file. I suspect.

No sound guy, delete your misc / vbampb / vbampb cfg and relaunch. You can try another rom or bios too. Might fix it
    02-01-12 10:46 PM
253 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD