next release will fix this , I have rom cycling working ( tap top left ... ) ... and it seems ok now just need to do a bit more testing .
    Thank you for the update. I'd like to make a suggestion if you don't mind. I don't know how hard this is to implement, but is it possible to make it so that the directional pad will continue to hold the direction held even if the finger travels/slidesoff of the area?

I often notice that when I'm focusing on the game, and not looking directly at the d-pad, I sometimes will, for example be holding RIGHT to move right and then it will slowly slide off and cancel the action. This forces me to keep looking at the d-pad and away from the game.

This shouldn't affect anyone used to the current setup as it still requires the original press to be on the d-pad itself. It's just that with the nature of the touchscreen being slippery glass, the finger doesn't stay on the physical spot on the d-pad easily.

If you play Modern Combat 2 for example, when you tap/hold up for example, it will continue to move up, even if the finger slides too far upwards, so long as you don't release your finger from the screen.

I hope I explained it well. Thank you.
    01-25-12 01:30 PM
    UrbanGlowCam - thank you for your help. Directories are fine - I have tried a bunch of .gba files (lowercase) and still the same. Do you have one that you know works that you can provide for me so that we can take that out of the mix as being the problem?
    01-25-12 01:42 PM
    UrbanGlowCam - thank you for your help. Directories are fine - I have tried a bunch of .gba files (lowercase) and still the same. Do you have one that you know works that you can provide for me so that we can take that out of the mix as being the problem?
    Definitely. Check your pm.
    01-25-12 02:35 PM
    Still happening my friend - real strange. I renamed it game.gba and threw it in misc/roms/gba and it tries to open, flashes, and closes instantly. ...
    01-25-12 03:48 PM
    new 1.0.0.5 release has rom cycling enabled, tap top left ... more info on title page ...
    GBA versus .gba files should no longer be an issue ...

VBAMpb-1_0_0_5.bar
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    01-25-12 05:23 PM
    new 1.0.0.5 release has rom cycling enabled, tap top left ... more info on title page ...

VBAMpb-1_0_0_5.bar
    Great work! Tested and the functions you mentioned do work properly (corner rom cycle, .GBA/.gba compatibility).

You managed to decrease the .bar file as well a decent amount. If you could implement what I suggested about the controls in my other post that would be great.

Performance still seems a little hindered with audio slightly stuttering. I'm sure you know this already though. You're making great progress. Thank you.
    01-25-12 06:32 PM
    Still happening my friend - real strange. I renamed it game.gba and threw it in misc/roms/gba and it tries to open, flashes, and closes instantly. ...
    I am in the same boat as you. I have not been able to get this to work at all. All it does if flash a white screen and then closes instantly. Froggy said it is because it doesn't see the bios but i have it in the right directory and have now tried 7 different downloads of the bios.

I really don't know what the problem is.
    01-25-12 06:56 PM
    I am in the same boat as you. I have not been able to get this to work at all. All it does if flash a white screen and then closes instantly. Froggy said it is because it doesn't see the bios but i have it in the right directory and have now tried 7 different downloads of the bios.

I really don't know what the problem is.
    I was trying to help kenadams troubleshoot and he seemed to have everything right. The only difference I noticed was that I am on the latest 2.0.0.7111 and he is on 2.0.0.4869. I somehow doubt that's the problem, but what version are you on?
    01-25-12 07:10 PM
    I was trying to help kenadams troubleshoot and he seemed to have everything right. The only difference I noticed was that I am on the latest 2.0.0.7111 and he is on 2.0.0.4869. I somehow doubt that's the problem, but what version are you on?
    I am on 2.0.0.7111 also.
    01-25-12 07:27 PM
    I am on 2.0.0.7111 also.

Can you delete the vbampb and vbam folders in misc ? Then restart the emulator ... I will check my .cfg file later and see if i have some setting which defines paths. Even without games it show the gameboy splash.
    01-26-12 03:24 AM
    Can you delete the vbampb and vbam folders in misc ? Then restart the emulator ... I will check my .cfg file later and see if i have some setting which defines paths. Even without games it show the gameboy splash.
    I deleted those folders and it still doesn't work.
    01-26-12 08:50 AM
    Yes, I am in the same boat. UrbanGlowCam took the time to help me, but still we have idea what the issue is but mine behaves the same way. Although the NES emu works perfectly!
    01-26-12 09:50 AM

VBAMpb-1_0_0_5.bar
    Very cool, works great! I can only get it working with GBA and those roms are like 10x as big as gb and gbc, so they are very intensive and don't run very playable. Can you explain how to get gb and gbc running? Or is it not implemented yet? Thanks!

Love your work btw! (:
    01-26-12 10:44 AM
    Yes, I am in the same boat. UrbanGlowCam took the time to help me, but still we have idea what the issue is but mine behaves the same way. Although the NES emu works perfectly!
    Also same boat here. Closes immediately. I dunno if it's the reason for the crash but Specifying save, battery and screenshot paths doesn't help. With a game or without it will only stay open until you specify permissions.

edit: it also does not create the battery and save files
    Last edited by tehJBE; 01-26-12 at 11:29 AM.
    01-26-12 11:21 AM
    Very cool, works great! I can only get it working with GBA and those roms are like 10x as big as gb and gbc, so they are very intensive and don't run very playable. Can you explain how to get gb and gbc running? Or is it not implemented yet? Thanks!

Love your work btw! (:
    my fault the emu does support .gb .gbc ... will work on that next
    abass and f1mx like this.
    01-26-12 11:48 AM
    Im on 2.0.0.4869 and I can't get it to work. Everything is in the right place but when I start it, it flashes for a split second and then crashes. I literally press the icon and less than a second later it crashes. Tried different gba_bios. No clue.
    01-26-12 05:20 PM
    my fault the emu does support .gb .gbc ... will work on that next
    thanks for that, I was just about to ask about that issue.

BTW, aren't the buttons a bit too small? even in the most recent version (1.0.0.5) I get the same size for them as in 1.0.0.5 although my games run full screen :/

is it something i should change in my Z drive?
    01-27-12 09:41 AM
    thanks for that, I was just about to ask about that issue.

BTW, aren't the buttons a bit too small? even in the most recent version (1.0.0.5) I get the same size for them as in 1.0.0.5 although my games run full screen :/

is it something i should change in my Z drive?
    To into .cfg and change stretch to Normal x1
    01-27-12 11:21 PM
    To into .cfg and change stretch to Normal x1
    Can you show like the exact code where you have to do that? I looked at it for a good 10 minutes and tried changing stuff but couldn't fix it. Thanks.
    01-28-12 02:11 PM
    Can you show like the exact code where you have to do that? I looked at it for a good 10 minutes and tried changing stuff but couldn't fix it. Thanks.
    What he means is in vbam.cfg find filter=16 and replace it with filter=0

On another note, has anyone got this error Game Pak Error - Turn the power off ?
    Last edited by sergeh; 01-28-12 at 02:41 PM.
    01-28-12 02:39 PM
    v1.0.0.6 rendering, CPU loop optimizations i.e faster grafix sound is still glitchy.

VBAMpb-1_0_0_6.bar

If your having trouble with the emulator delete the app and blow away the misc/vbampb folder don't tweak the fceux.cfg. Worse case get a working .cfg frome someone on the forums I'm not sure what's happening for some who can't seem to get it working ...
    01-29-12 07:13 PM
    Brewing your own controls ...

For VBAMpb you can copy the following text and into a file called tco.xml in the misc\ folder it will load this file up as the control interface it's identical to the one I use in the .bar files so you won't see anything different unless you modify it. If you want to change the images put your images in the same location as tco.xml ( not critical but easier ) and set the path to "/accounts/1000/shared/misc/myButtonA.png" etc.

If you don't see anything displayed , swipe down if the screen is all transparent red then the TCO has defaulted to 'mouse' control and something is wrong in the XML config file. Be careful of the X,Y positions for example keep them within the values described below or thereabouts ...

You can add your own buttons and get them to generate different sym= scancode= codes to trigger different emulator actions.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <emulation version="1">

<dpad x="2" y="116" width="40" height="40">
    <label x="0" y="0" width="40" height="40" image="dpad.png"/>
    </dpad>

<key x="92" y="134" width="16" height="16" sym="8" scancode="8">
    <label x="0" y="0" width="16" height="16" image="select.png"/>
    </key>

<key x="110" y="134" width="16" height="16" sym="13" scancode="13">
    <label x="0" y="0" width="16" height="16" image="start.png"/>
    </key>

<key x="190" y="134" width="16" height="16" sym="120" scancode="120">
    <label x="0" y="0" width="16" height="16" image="B.png"/>
    </key>

<key x="210" y="134" width="16" height="16" sym="122" scancode="122">
    <label x="0" y="0" width="16" height="16" image="A.png"/>
    </key>

<key x="210" y="108" width="16" height="16" sym="115" scancode="122">
    <label x="0" y="0" width="16" height="16" image="A.png"/>
    </key>

<key x="190" y="108" width="16" height="16" sym="97" scancode="120">
    <label x="0" y="0" width="16" height="16" image="B.png"/>
    </key>

<key x="0" y="0" width="32" height="32" sym="48" scancode="48"/>

<key x="90" y="0" width="16" height="16" sym="289" scancode="289">
    <label x="0" y="0" width="16" height="16" image="gba-icon.png"/>
    </key>

<key x="120" y="0" width="16" height="16" sym="290" scancode="290">
    <label x="0" y="0" width="16" height="16" image="gba-icon.png"/>
    </key>

</emulation>
    01-29-12 07:18 PM
    Thanks, I've took your advice I have an optional donation paypal button ...
    froggyface

Don't feel obligated to do this but if I can get a few pints of beer out of my coding, I'm smiling!
    I finally got your new version to work, so I donated some money to your paypal.
    01-29-12 08:14 PM
    Thanks man! Sorry you had trouble, what was it exactly, old .cfg file ? it's the only thing I can think of ...
    01-29-12 08:23 PM
    Yea me too. For this and the SNES program!
    01-29-12 08:25 PM
253 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD