Latest release of VBA-M and information here:
    http://tbotz.blogspot.com/2012/01/vb...book-port.html
    Last edited by froggyface; 02-02-12 at 07:19 PM.
    nava707, KermEd, Alt-F4 and 18 others like this.
    01-11-12 12:34 AM
    I side-loaded the .bar, created the folders and added the necessary files but the app crashes after showing the splash screen.
    01-11-12 12:47 AM
    I side-loaded the .bar, created the folders and added the necessary files but the app crashes after showing the splash screen.
    The directory I think should be z:\misc\vbampb\vbam
    With vbam.cfg in the misc\vbampb folder. The 'vbam' folder contains .sav files and image snapshots etc.

If you can use the shell/command line ...
    /accounts/1000/.../vbampb -b <path_to_bios> <path_to_.gba_file>
    01-11-12 01:03 AM
    Is "game.gba" just any game file renamed to "game.gba" or is it a specific file?
    01-11-12 09:40 AM
    Is "game.gba" just any game file renamed to "game.gba" or is it a specific file?
    It's hard coded as game.gba for now. If you can access the shell you can override this ( I think ... ). same for gba_bios.bin
    01-11-12 10:07 AM
    on OS 1.0.8.6067 I can't get this app to work... I run it and it gets to the splash screen (with all of the controls shoved into an approximately 2" area in the top-left corner). My game.gba file is Pokemon Red (originally a .gb file) renamed to game.gba... Hopefully this is enough information to go on to either tell me where I went wrong or fix the problem.
    01-11-12 06:11 PM
    hows progress on this?
    01-13-12 11:02 PM
    FroggyFace, you're a hero among the CrackBerrians, keep up the hard work on all the emulators!!!!!
    downphoenix likes this.
    01-15-12 12:49 PM
    Thanks for all the hard work. I'm looking forward to this.
    01-15-12 01:53 PM
    Its not creating the files upon startup
    How do i fix that ?
    01-15-12 03:10 PM
    Its not creating the files upon startup
    How do i fix that ?
    Didn't create them for me yet either, but just be patient. Theres a bunch of reasons it might not have done it for us. Neither of us are rooted so its probably a permissions thing. But give it time
    01-15-12 05:39 PM
    I will also adopt this project in my spare time, so at some point in the next lottle while ill see if I can get things moving a bit smoother. Main focus is snes9x (and helping out fceux)
    KermEd and abass like this.
    01-15-12 06:27 PM
    Wow i just got the nes one to work today and now this?! Wow thank you very much, ill wait for the official version though
    01-15-12 08:45 PM
    I will also adopt this project in my spare time, so at some point in the next lottle while ill see if I can get things moving a bit smoother. Main focus is snes9x (and helping out fceux)
    The geeky part of me (you know: The part that books a week off work every time Bethesda releases a new game. Or the part of me that calls in sick to play Final Fantasy 3 for the fifth time [both the Japanese FF3 and N.A. FF3]) is ecstatic for that release.

Ed.
    misdeismo likes this.
    01-15-12 09:45 PM
    Does the emu render pixel by pixel? If so I could try to write a bit of opengl to write all that to a texture and render to screen. If it uses sdl though then it will be up to someone with sdl knowledge to glue my code in there somewhere. I just need to know what kind of data I would have to work with and more or less what kind of picture im spitting out.
    MarkoBJLCA likes this.
    01-15-12 11:53 PM
    Currently all ports are working off of SDL (as we have access to a touch control library that integrates very well with SDL.)
    01-16-12 12:42 AM
    Currently all ports are working off of SDL (as we have access to a touch control library that integrates very well with SDL.)
    Alright well if you would like me to write a snippet that takes an array of pixels and spits them to the screen in opengl just let me know. I might be able to figure out how to integrate it with sdl myself.
    01-16-12 10:49 AM
    Feel free to fork the github and make your changes, all help is welcome!
    01-16-12 12:29 PM
    Didn't create them for me yet either, but just be patient. Theres a bunch of reasons it might not have done it for us. Neither of us are rooted so its probably a permissions thing. But give it time
    I believe the reason for this is the code is not in there. Standard C does not have any folder creation mechanism and if its not implemented through a library it is not possible. Easily fixable I think although I have struggled with that problem myself.
    01-16-12 01:21 PM
    I believe the reason for this is the code is not in there. Standard C does not have any folder creation mechanism and if its not implemented through a library it is not possible. Easily fixable I think although I have struggled with that problem myself.
    qnx supports unistd.h and stat.h so you can mkdir, chdir ... im looking at getting gles surface rendering working with sdl at the moment... more work than fceux.
    01-17-12 01:26 AM
    1.0.0.3 release see first post for more info or ...

http://www.mediafire.com/?7n24ezddot659im

1 controls fixed!
    1 sound glitches mostly fixed.
    01-22-12 09:22 AM
    1.0.0.3 release see first post for more info or ...

VBAMpb-1_0_0_3.bar

1 controls fixed!
    1 sound glitches mostly fixed.
    i tried installing it but i get this message
    "result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (2, 0, 0, 0) have (1, 0, 8, 1971)"
    01-22-12 10:57 AM
    i tried installing it but i get this message
    "result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (2, 0, 0, 0) have (1, 0, 8, 1971)"
    I built this using ndk 2.0 so its only allowed to work on os2 systems sorry... I will spin an os1 bar file in the next day or so
    01-22-12 12:30 PM
    Using OS2 .7111, app launches, bios loads, and it waits on GAMEBOY.
    - Tried a few different .GBA roms.
    - Made sure directories are all created.
    - Tried 2 different BIOS downloads

I think if I try a few more bios images I might get it loading But I am good to wait for the releases. Great work on this guys, loving all the ports!
    01-22-12 03:23 PM
    Using OS2 .7111, app launches, bios loads, and it waits on GAMEBOY.
    - Tried a few different .GBA roms.
    - Made sure directories are all created.
    - Tried 2 different BIOS downloads

I think if I try a few more bios images I might get it loading But I am good to wait for the releases. Great work on this guys, loving all the ports!
    Run into the same thing on my end trying it out as well.
    01-22-12 11:39 PM
253 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD