I purchased Vault for Playbook last evening for the sole purpose of importing my Keepass database, as I saw there was support for KeePass .xml files.

I am running Keepass 2.16, and I exported to KeePass .xml (2.x), and transferred this file to the playbook. The vault recognized the file (showed up in the list), but when I proceeded to import, it gave me an IMPORT DATA error, stating the selected file is not in a recognized format, and that vault supports importing of passwords exported using KeePass XML format, of which I used.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I've search the forums / google, and no similar issues resulted.

Thanks!
    02-28-12 07:52 AM
    Hey XLabz, I just bought Vault (I have Groovy Notes too - both great products) and want to say thank you.

You said on the previous page of this thread concerning a desktop app (PC?). It would be great to have access to the data in Vault somewhere in addition to the PlayBook synched through DropBox such as BB app and/or desktop spp. I'd happily pay for them individually.
    tasims likes this.
    02-28-12 09:15 AM
    I purchased Vault for Playbook last evening for the sole purpose of importing my Keepass database, as I saw there was support for KeePass .xml files.

I am running Keepass 2.16, and I exported to KeePass .xml (2.x), and transferred this file to the playbook. The vault recognized the file (showed up in the list), but when I proceeded to import, it gave me an IMPORT DATA error, stating the selected file is not in a recognized format, and that vault supports importing of passwords exported using KeePass XML format, of which I used.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I've search the forums / google, and no similar issues resulted.

Thanks!

This morning I updated my KeePass to the latest version, 2.18, and still experience the issue.

*anxiously awaiting a reply from XLabz* Vault looks to be an awesome product, and can't wait to use it on the playbook! I just need to import my KeePass database and I'll be off to the races.
    02-29-12 09:55 AM
    I am new to DropBox. Would like to backup my Vault data, how do you do that in 1.1?

BTW, really great app, very polished interface, I've enjoyed using it!

Update: Figured it out ... the Settings dropdown now scrolls; Backup/Restore/Import options are towards the bottom. Unfortunately, was not able to backup; in logging in to Drop Box, received a message that "Only a limited set of users can receive access tokens while this app is in development mode." Emailed support.
    I feel really stupid! I have had Vault for nearly a month now and never knew I could scroll down in the settings section to do a back up to Drop Box! If I didn't read these forums, I would never know these things!!
    02-29-12 12:11 PM
    This morning I updated my KeePass to the latest version, 2.18, and still experience the issue.

*anxiously awaiting a reply from XLabz* Vault looks to be an awesome product, and can't wait to use it on the playbook! I just need to import my KeePass database and I'll be off to the races.
    We had someone investigate this and it so happens that KeePass has drastically changed their XML format in v2.0 and rolling it out as a separate program. Unfortunately, Vault as it stands today only supports v1.0.x XML files and not 2.0 XML files yet. That said, we have assigned an engineer to look into this on priority and get it fixed via an update. It might take a week or so but rest assured this will be fixed very soon.

Also please note that Vault will not support nested folders that is supported in v2.0 of KeePass. Even if you have nested folders, your data will not be lost but all the details stored within the child folders will be moved into it's parent category. This is just FYI.

Thanks for tagging this issue and we will keep you posted when the next update is ready to roll.
    03-01-12 09:16 AM
    We had someone investigate this and it so happens that KeePass has drastically changed their XML format in v2.0 and rolling it out as a separate program. Unfortunately, Vault as it stands today only supports v1.0.x XML files and not 2.0 XML files yet. That said, we have assigned an engineer to look into this on priority and get it fixed via an update. It might take a week or so but rest assured this will be fixed very soon.

Also please note that Vault will not support nested folders that is supported in v2.0 of KeePass. Even if you have nested folders, your data will not be lost but all the details stored within the child folders will be moved into it's parent category. This is just FYI.

Thanks for tagging this issue and we will keep you posted when the next update is ready to roll.
    Wonderful! Now that's service!

Thanks.
    XLabz likes this.
    03-01-12 10:35 AM
    Just go the playbook a week ago, first order of business was password keeper, and I was hoping keepass would be available.. so I looked around and decided on vault.. I really like it! Then I purchased groovy notes, and experienced a new version upgrade and its tremendous. I emailed Xlabz a few times with questions and they were very prompt with responses... my last request was for a way to be able to export Vault passwords as a pdf to print as a hardcopy emergency backup, and they responded favourably to the idea.. Ive always kept a hardcopy paper backup 'just in case'.... Hopefully they'll follow through!!!
    I hope Xlabz is working on more new software for the playbook...love their stuff!
    XLabz likes this.
    03-04-12 05:14 PM
    Wonderful! Now that's service!

Thanks.
    As promised, an update to Vault is now available on App World which now allows you to import KeePass 2.x files into Vault. As told before, we don't support deeply nested/multi levels folders but we have a way in which the app takes care of this nicely but without lossing out on any imported data in deeply nested folders.

BTW, we are calling this "The WX Junkie Update "
    Last edited by XLabz; 03-06-12 at 09:18 AM.
    dbugem likes this.
    03-06-12 04:06 AM
    Thanks for the update(s).
    I've been using whisper32 v1.16 for years on my PCs. Is there any way I could import Whisper's .csv exported list into Vault?
    03-06-12 07:54 AM
    The application does everything that I expected. My wishlist would include the capability to move records from one category to another. Several of the apps I use have a regular and master passwords - a second password field, with the same functionality as the current one, would be nice.
    03-06-12 07:59 AM
    As promised, an update to Vault is now available on App World which now allows you to import KeePass 2.x files into Vault. As told before, we don't support deeply nested/multi levels folders but we have a way in which the app takes care of this nicely but without lossing out on any imported data in deeply nested folders.

BTW, we are calling this "The WX Junkie Update "
    Updated, and it works wonderful! I can now import my Keepass 2.0 database!

What amazing support... you folks are great. Thanks a million!
    03-06-12 09:44 AM
    @XLabs.. Are there any plans to releasing a Blackberry handheld version?
    03-06-12 10:49 AM
    Updated, and it works wonderful! I can now import my Keepass 2.0 database!

What amazing support... you folks are great. Thanks a million!
    ...and thanks to you for suggesting that.
    03-07-12 12:06 AM
    @XLabs.. Are there any plans to releasing a Blackberry handheld version?
    Sorry, we don't have any short term plans to create a handheld version.
    03-07-12 08:06 AM
    Thanks for the update(s).
    I've been using whisper32 v1.16 for years on my PCs. Is there any way I could import Whisper's .csv exported list into Vault?
    As of now we only support importing from KeePass. What you might want to do as a shortcut is to export your data from Whisper and then import it into KeePass and finally export a XML from KeePass. You will then be able to use this XML and import it in Vault. We hope this is possible.
    Boight likes this.
    03-07-12 08:08 AM
    this is the best password manager for the pb it should be on the main app page so people get to use it and have a great user experience...Xlabz is one of the best app makers of the PB...
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-10-12 09:11 AM
    Bought it and Love it!.....Perfect app for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    03-10-12 10:05 AM
    Great app! I assume this app will be available on BB10 Phones as well?
    04-09-12 06:58 AM
    Hi Xlabz,

I purchased vault a couple of weeks ago.

Is it possible in an update to have the keyboard go to password input mode when entering in info on a password field? I mean the keyboard layout like when you do any password input on the playbook system, eg wifi sharing password in the pulldown menu, or when logging into the playbook.

I like to use strong passwords, and flipping back and forth to the numeric/punctuation layout of the keyboard slows down the inputting of info.

Thanks.
    04-16-12 07:34 PM
    The plan for the next update looks something like this:

1) Sync/Backup data to DropBox.
    2) Desktop Companion for Mac and Windows that can keep the passwords in sync between your PlayBook and PC. This will be sold as a separate application which users can opt-in to buy.
    3) Ability to add custom categories.

Once we reach a certain number of download we will start working on these updates. Please keep feeding us with your inputs, feedback and suggestions.

I checked your site and do not see a Desktop Companion. Have you obtained the number of users needed to continue to update your app, or is it finished for future development?

To be honest, I am not crazy about paying for the companion desktop software, but being able to export from your app to a Mac or a PC is important to me. Is there anyway to do this currently (physically with a USB cable or through a cloud)? I know you can save the data to DropBox, but you still need to use your PlayBook for reading the data, right?
    10-27-12 07:39 PM
    We haven't yet reached the critical mass needed for us to create the desktop companion but we are still updating the app to fix any bugs that are being reported. The files that we store to DropBox are encrypted for security and cannot be used in a desktop as-is, when unzipped. You still need to use your PlayBook to read that data.
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-28-12 11:32 PM
    Have you thought that the functionality you are holding off on is the very thing that will catapult the app beyong the critical mass necessary? I am betting that there are more users like me that are unwilling to purchase an app in hopes that the functionality we are looking for "might" come if we are lucky.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-28-12 11:47 PM
    To be honest, if it was a bit cheaper (maybe $1.99) I would have bought it even without the feature that allows for my computer to access the passwords. I like the concept a lot, and the look of it is great, but having to set up multiple password lists is an issue for the price. I have Groovy Notes and know you guys do a great job, but right now I have to think: is the UI quality worth the price, or is the ease/portability function without the UI worth the cheaper price ($0.99) This is my take on it.

Maybe a $1.99 price will up your customer base? Especially if you decide to charge for the desktop companion. If you include the desktop companion free, a $4.99 or even a $5.99 price might work for you. Again, just my 2 cents.
    10-29-12 12:08 AM
    As of now we only support importing from KeePass. What you might want to do as a shortcut is to export your data from Whisper and then import it into KeePass and finally export a XML from KeePass. You will then be able to use this XML and import it in Vault. We hope this is possible.
    Yes it was/is possible and worked without too much fuss. Keepass recognizes Whisper .csv files natively. The import to Vault went without a problem (over 300 entries).
    THANKS!!!!
    10-29-12 07:52 AM
    Great app. Thanks.
    11-08-12 10:13 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD