We take great pleasure in announcing the release of Vault- Password Manager for BlackBerry PlayBook.

Vault simplifies your password management by securely storing all your confidential information related to banking, credit cards, email, websites, etc. All the data you store on Vault is encrypted using industry standard 256-bit AES Encryption and is extremely safe.

Vault comes with several features to make the task of password management as easy as possible. Here are some of the key features:

- Single master pass lock pattern to access your data
    - User-enabled Auto Destruct feature which erases your data after 5 invalid login attempts
    - User-enabled Auto Logout feature
    - Password Generator tool
    - Password Strength Indicator
    - Copy to clipboard and clear clipboard functionality
    - Search option to find your records quickly.

You can read more about Vault on the BlackBerry App World and download it here.

We hope all of you will give Vault a try and provide your invaluable feedback. We at XLabz take your feedback and opinions very seriously and try to improve our products to measure up to your expectations. Share with us, innovative features you would like to have added and we will endeavor to implement them in future releases. For any support, feedback and suggestions you can email us on [email protected].
    Last edited by XLabz; 11-23-11 at 07:09 AM.
    bluetroll, Chrisy and nothing2003 like this.
    11-23-11 07:01 AM
    YEEESSSSSSSSS!!!! Thank you! Will give it a try!
    XLabz likes this.
    11-23-11 07:04 AM
    Any way to sync, or export the data out of the app?

I really want a password app for my PlayBook, but I want be able to use it on my phone and computer, and have them all sync up. Would be a pain to have to deal with 3 different password apps and keep all the data up to date.
    11-23-11 08:49 AM
    Great app!!!!! I just bought it. Very nice UI and easy to set-up. (I also like to "clipboard" option.)
    Any chance to add an option to have a user-defined category OR to have sub-categories in the "other" category? I have a lot of different passwords in "other" and it would be nice to be able to categorize them.
    Last edited by tellsells; 11-23-11 at 09:46 AM.
    11-23-11 09:21 AM
    Any way to sync, or export the data out of the app?

I really want a password app for my PlayBook, but I want be able to use it on my phone and computer, and have them all sync up. Would be a pain to have to deal with 3 different password apps and keep all the data up to date.
    Yes, that is what I was just looking for in their description. If it is only for the pb, that makes keeping totally separate parallel apps running on the desktop and bbphone.
    11-23-11 09:25 AM
    F2, tellsells & ridesno159:

We have plans to include a Desktop Companion for this app (as a separate app sold directly by us) and as well as allow user's to export their encrypted password database to Dropbox to prevent data loss in case of a device failure. We do not have plans in the near future to create a version for mobile devices.

Our usual pattern of updates is to wait for the app to reach a certain threshold of downloads (break-even) and then start releasing updates based on user feedback. Once we reach this threshold, we will start releasing updates with the most requested features. The plan for the next update looks something like this:

1) Sync/Backup data to DropBox.
    2) Desktop Companion for Mac and Windows that can keep the passwords in sync between your PlayBook and PC. This will be sold as a separate application which users can opt-in to buy.
    3) Ability to add custom categories.

Once we reach a certain number of download we will start working on these updates. Please keep feeding us with your inputs, feedback and suggestions.
    estalzer, BearSnout, joski and 2 others like this.
    11-23-11 10:55 PM
    Can your app read KeePass files, if they are saved on Dropbox?
    11-24-11 02:54 AM
    Sync to Drop Box would make this a great app. I can access DB from PC and phone. Until then it is not worth keeping dup. files.
    11-24-11 08:00 AM
    @MRPJR: Sorry, we don't read data from any 3rd party apps but we use the industry standard 256-bit AES encryption to encrypt your data and store it.
    11-24-11 08:03 AM
    Sync to Drop Box would make this a great app. I can access DB from PC and phone. Until then it is not worth keeping dup. files.
    Sync to DropBox is coming soon and will most probably be part of the next version.
    11-24-11 08:05 AM
    Since Boxnet offers a free 50gigs to pb owners, maybe support a sync, there, too.
    11-24-11 10:13 AM
    @F2: We will definitely consider that option.
    11-25-11 07:35 AM
    Ascendo DataVault have no plans to develop a Playbook app so I need to move on. But I can't bear the thought of manually entering all my passwords. If a Desktop Companion is in the plans, would it be able to import csv files and then sync with Vault?
    12-01-11 05:48 PM
    Great looking UI and terrific functionality! Data backup/loss is my biggest worry. What happens with the OS2 upgrade coming next month? Will that cause Vault to reset?
    01-13-12 10:22 AM
    I really like the products by XLabz and this is no exception for me. I wish there were a few more templates, for lack of a better word, in the "Other" category. I sent a suggestion to XLabz for a template for Network Settings, i.e., router name, router password, SSID name, key code, security type, etc.... Maybe that will come eventually

But all in all, I have been very happy with my purchase of this app and any apps from XLabz. About the only worry I have is not drawing the initial password to open the app correctly when I'm not wearing my contacts or glasses
    Bbsocal likes this.
    01-13-12 12:50 PM
    Any chance to add an option to have a user-defined category OR to have sub-categories in the "other" category? I have a lot of different passwords in "other" and it would be nice to be able to categorize them.
    I would like to see this as well. I only have one bank and one credit card, so I only have a single entry in both of those categories; on the other hand, my two dozen work and school related passwords are all crammed into "Other".
    01-16-12 05:06 PM
    Nice app. One suggestion, I would like to be able to, either support Keepass, or provide a way to import keepass dbs into this app.
    01-16-12 06:42 PM
    Nice app. One suggestion, I would like to be able to, either support Keepass, or provide a way to import keepass dbs into this app.
    I would pay any amount for an app that allows me to import passwords from my desktop browser into the app (since I have 300+ in Firefox). A way of accomplishing this may be to set up a website where I can upload a CSV or XLS and it will parse the passwords, encrypt them, send the file to my Playbook (or PB checks for it when starting Vault), and I enter my password again to decrypt and merge with the database on my PB.

I definitely think some form of web management interface for adding/editing passwords would be a major addition to the product. I would be happy to work on developing such a site with you guys, if you're interested then shoot me a PM!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-12 10:42 AM
    Are there any plans to adding password protection along with the finger swipe? Give the user the option to use either. that way if the user forgets the swipe pattern, you can still get in with the password and reset things.

I love the Finger swipe idea.. alot faster than typing, but just an idea.

Cheers
    01-23-12 08:22 AM
    With the much awaited Tablet OS 2.0 update for the BlackBerry PlayBook around the corner we have been spending a lot of efforts in testing all our applications, including Vault � Password Manager, on the new OS to make sure that our users don�t run into any issues or unexpected surprises.

On running in-house tests we found that when you update your Tablet OS to 2.0, some of the files (which are used to save user�s preferences and other run-time data) are being deleted. Although reported to RIM developer support, we are unsure if this bug in the OS will be fixed prior to the final release.

To safeguard user data we have therefore released a high priority update that should bypass this bug without any loss to your valuable data. We highly recommend that users update Vault to the latest version 1.1.0 PRIOR to updating their device to Tablet OS 2.0!
    This update also allows you to backup your data using your Dropbox account and restore it back when you need it. We recommend that as an extra precaution, users use this feature to backup their data to their Dropbox account.

Please note that the above scenario can also be prevented if you backup your complete application data using RIM�s BlackBerry Desktop Manager software and restore this to your device after the upgrade.

The BlackBerry Desktop Manager is available for download here:
    (BlackBerry - Desktop Software)

To learn how to backup your data using this software check out the link below:
    How to back up and restore a BlackBerry PlayBook using BlackBerry Desktop Software for PC 6.1 �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Apart from the features to backup/restore your data this latest release to Vault also contains some much requested new features including support for adding user defined categories and importing of data from KeePass exported XML files.

This update of Vault (ver 1.1.0) has already been submitted to the BlackBerry AppWorld and is currently under review.

We shall update this post once we have a confirmation and the update is available for download.
    bounce007 and tsells like this.
    02-18-12 06:08 AM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    02-18-12 06:11 AM
    Hi Everyone,

We wanted to let you all know that the update for Vault has been approved! Users can now go ahead and download V1.1 from the App World.

As mentioned before, we highly recommend that our users update their version of Vault PRIOR to updating to Tablet OS 2.0 to minimize chances of data loss during the update.

Based on popular demand, here are the new features that we�ve implemented in this update:

� Ability to add your own custom categories
    � Backup your Vault data using your Dropbox account
    � Restore your data from Dropbox in case of a device failure or Auto Destruct
    � Import data from your KeePass XML Files

Download Vault here.

We hope you will all enjoy the new and improved Vault!

Do email us at bbsupport [at] xlabz [.] com in case of any further suggestions or issues.
    Last edited by XLabz; 02-20-12 at 01:16 AM.
    BearSnout and tsells like this.
    02-19-12 11:42 PM
    I am new to DropBox. Would like to backup my Vault data, how do you do that in 1.1?

BTW, really great app, very polished interface, I've enjoyed using it!

Update: Figured it out ... the Settings dropdown now scrolls; Backup/Restore/Import options are towards the bottom. Unfortunately, was not able to backup; in logging in to Drop Box, received a message that "Only a limited set of users can receive access tokens while this app is in development mode." Emailed support.
    Last edited by drumrdfox; 02-21-12 at 03:31 AM.
    02-21-12 02:48 AM
    @drumrdfox Thanks for your comments and glad to know that you figured that out.

There was a small glitch with the DropBox configuration for this app and we have already submitted a request to DropBox to get this right. It should be resolved within 24 hours from now and we will notify you as soon as it is done. After that you will be able to Backup/Restore data from and to DropBox. There is no action required from your end nor do we need to release a update to resolve this issue - this will be automatically resolved as soon as DropBox moves the app to Production status.

Sorry about this and thanks for your patience until then.
    02-21-12 03:40 AM
    I am new to DropBox. Would like to backup my Vault data, how do you do that in 1.1?

BTW, really great app, very polished interface, I've enjoyed using it!

Update: Figured it out ... the Settings dropdown now scrolls; Backup/Restore/Import options are towards the bottom. Unfortunately, was not able to backup; in logging in to Drop Box, received a message that "Only a limited set of users can receive access tokens while this app is in development mode." Emailed support.
    The issue with DropBox has now been resolved and you should be able to backup and restore files to and from DropBox as usual. If you have previously faced problems with this procedure please try now and confirm if everything is working fine.
    02-21-12 11:09 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD