I was wondering if it would be possible for people to suggest useful apps they've found in AppWorld? IE, not games and please no complaints like 'It should have this' or something similar.

I'm certain with the number of apps there are good and useful ones, but appworlds not the easiest place to search atm. Even searching for the highest rated etc really depends on multiple people having downloaded it and then giving it a good rating.

I know there are alot out there I'm missing, simply as I don't know they exist, so suggestions are good of useful apps of any type.

The ones I have and use regularily:
    • Mindmaps - Name is fairly self-explanatory, good for making mind maps, does different shapes and colors of 'bubble' and can export to .pdf files. Maybe not the most useful if you don't use mindmaps.
    • Files & Folders - Allows browsing of the files on the playbook, in a very user friendly layout. Also has Dropbox, Google Docs, and Box.net support if you use them.
    • Book Reader - Simple ebook reader. Loads epubs and allows bookmarks etc. I use it for reading books, so I've never attempted to highlight text or anything like that, not something I need it to do.
    • Splashtop - Remote Desktop App. Seems to run very well, though I've only ever used it inside the same wifi area as my home PC.

Hopefully people can add they're own apps they use, I'd love to get a list of useful apps that people are using. Love my PB, and I know it can do alot, I'm just looking for even more ideas of what it can do.
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-28-12 08:22 AM
    Evernote
    Remote Desktop (windows RDP client)
    Blackberry News
    02-28-12 08:54 AM
    Blaq
    Comics
    Taptu
    Vault
    WorkoutJournal
    Awesome Timer
    02-28-12 09:06 AM
    GroovyNotes
    SimpleBrowser
    AirBrowser
    ScoreMobile
    TweetBook
    Box
    Those are must have and there's more.
    02-28-12 09:27 AM
    What's Up - astronomy app
    RDM+ - remote desktop app
    RIDGID Digital Level - self explanatory
    02-28-12 09:35 AM
    Bluebox - Dropbox client
    Achieveyourgoals - great personal goal management app
    02-28-12 10:05 AM
    Magellan Compass
    Poynt
    WeatherEye
    02-28-12 10:10 AM
    IMT VNC
    Cineplex
    02-28-12 10:33 AM
    hahaha so much for productivity!

sft
    02-28-12 11:07 AM
    google maps - works better than in the browser
    02-28-12 11:18 AM
    GroovyNotes
    Splashtop
    BookReader
    Evernote
    AirBrowser
    Bluebox
    02-28-12 11:52 AM
    Blackberry News
    ScoreMobile
    Today's Alarm Clock
    Blackberry Bridge

Not sure if these are considered "productivity" though!
    02-28-12 12:33 PM
    news360
    battery guru
    conqu
    recipe box (PC)
    citrix receiver
    02-28-12 12:38 PM
    Bluebox - Dropbox client
    Achieveyourgoals - great personal goal management app
    Achieve Your Goals app is great, but I HATE the layout. The look of the app is something a teenage girl wants. I hope they put out themes, because I like that there are categories.

I never heard of the app until you mentioned it, so I am going to play around with it and see if the categories are editable and maybe the look... though I doubt it about both. I will also keep looking for something similar but looks wise, a little more simple, clean, and professional looking.
    02-28-12 01:24 PM
    This is great, just downloaded taptu, conqu and achieve your goals and gonna have a look at others soon.

Feel free to throw out more suggestions!
    glamrlama likes this.
    02-28-12 05:45 PM
    Any one of the flashlight apps. I've used them a number of times.
    Magellan Compass - soon to have offline maps and turn by turn instructions
    Battery Guru
    bluebox
    Splashtop
    Air Browser
    Tims Locator (for all us coffee addicted Canadians)
    Book Reader
    02-28-12 05:49 PM
    Lots of goodies here. I would add:

Comp Remote
    Air browser
    Speedtest
    02-28-12 07:55 PM
    Thanks for starting this thread. We can definitely help each other out by sifting through the crap on App World and identifying the nuggets that are worth having - this should be a sticky!

AIR Browser (may pay for something better; was waiting to see what RIM came up with, which turned out to be "not much")
    Ghost Commander (easy connection to NAS files)
    Bluebox (includes Dropbox)
    Evernote
    Conqu
    Kcast Gold Live (commodity prices)
    RIDGID (bubble level)
    RPN Scientific Calculator LITE
    What's Up (astronomy - very cool!)

I'm still deciding on a notes app. I've downloaded Easy Notes, NoteIt, NoteSmartly Lite & QuickNote Notepad, but need some time to check them out and decide which one to keep.
    Last edited by OT-Bound; 02-28-12 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake.
    02-28-12 08:09 PM
    Thanks for starting this thread. We can definitely help each other out by sifting through the crap on App World and identifying the nuggets that are worth having
    That's exactly why I started it, it's quite hard to find apps by just checking the 'new apps' section every day so I'm hoping we could get more suggestions here.

Conqu and Taptu have been great, so the threads already proved it's worth for me, but I'm sure there's loads of apps that I still don't know about that are useful.

I'll have a look at more of them once I get home from work. Hopefully by then there'l be more suggestions.
    02-29-12 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD