Has anyone had any luck configuring the UPnP Player for the Android Player?

I have set it to use UPnP Media Servers as a source but I dont see how I am supposed to browse/connect to the server?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    11-07-11 08:35 PM
    same here, i cant even seem to find my media server DLINK 323 under devices
    11-08-11 09:27 AM
    Has anyone had any luck configuring the UPnP Player for the Android Player?

I have set it to use UPnP Media Servers as a source but I dont see how I am supposed to browse/connect to the server?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Yeah, that is because UPnP devices are supposed to auto-detect. You don't configure for them.

If you can't reach the server either your on different LAN's/VLAN's and the router is filtering out the packets. It may be that the software is not able to receive any data on the TCP ports 1900/2869. More likely though it is failing on the SSDP (where the discovery really happens) with multicasting.

Assuming your Tablet and PC are on the same network, and your other devices can find the UPnP / DLNA with no problems, the Android App is not able to access the multicasting packets and it is most likely the app that is the problem.

If no other devices can find a UPnP or DLNA, your multicasting might be disabled on the router, the DLNA device is faulty, or a port is being filtered.

Given the stability of Android on PB currently though - I'm inclined to believe that it is the android app.
    11-08-11 11:35 AM
    Hey mate, I had the same problem.Now I'm using ArkMC.Great app works flawlessly.Here is Playstore Link
    01-31-13 06:43 AM
    01-31-13 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD