Just a quick update on whats happening with Money Plus (Download Money Plus) as it has been a while since we released an update.

We are currently working on major release of Money Plus (version 2.0). This release is a complete rewrite to the new BlackBerry 10 platform using Native SDK (C++) and Cascades. This was necessary to address some of the limitations we have encountered in the Adobe AIR SDK which is the current platform for version 1.x. In addition Native/Cascades platform is the prime platform for the new BlackBerry 10 devices as well as future OS updates to the current PlayBook.

Money Plus 2.0 should be available for BlackBerry 10 phones at the BB10 launch early in 2013 and as soon as RIM extends BB10 platform to PlayBook we will make it available for tablets as well.

There are no planned updates to the 1.x version.

More information on the features and some previews will be provided as we get closer to the launch so stay tuned!!!

And by the way - thanks again for all the support, tons of great feedback and all the suggestions (received via support email, forums, etc) from very enthusiastic user community - BlackBerry rocks and its a pleasure developing for this platform!!!
    kozmo68, dablessing and Bumble2000 like this.
    10-18-12 12:14 AM
    Awesome can't wait! Love Money Plus and looking forward to seeing a BB10 version..
    Produktyf likes this.
    10-18-12 06:13 AM
    I must say that I love this app as well. It has really allowed me to create and fix a budget that I can actively monitor. I currently use an excel spreadsheet to update a budget that I use for each category. Since I can create categories in Money Plus to log certain transactions to, and then pull up a running monthly total of that category, it makes updating my spreadsheet very easy to see where I stand for the month.

If I had only one thing to ask, it would be that Money Plus create a budgeting type feature that would combine the excel spreadsheet features I use so its all in one app. i.e., say I set a budge of $300 a month on gasoline and It's Octoer 25th and I've spent $250 so far on Gas, it will show me that I have $50 left available in my budget for Gas.

Thanks again for a rocking app and can't wait to see it on BB10!
    Produktyf, kozmo68 and Douken like this.
    10-18-12 10:14 AM
    Glad to see you are revamping it for BB10!
    Produktyf likes this.
    10-18-12 12:53 PM
    Thanks for all the great feedback. Always excited to hear how it is used in "real world". Regarding dablessing's comment about budgeting - that is coming soon in the 2.x release.

If I had only one thing to ask, it would be that Money Plus create a budgeting type feature that would combine the excel spreadsheet features I use so its all in one app. i.e., say I set a budge of $300 a month on gasoline and It's Octoer 25th and I've spent $250 so far on Gas, it will show me that I have $50 left available in my budget for Gas.
    kozmo68 and dablessing like this.
    10-19-12 10:56 PM
    Thanks for all the great feedback. Always excited to hear how it is used in "real world". Regarding dablessing's comment about budgeting - that is coming soon in the 2.x release.
    Can't wait, keep up the good work!
    10-20-12 06:32 AM
    is it going to be possible to download bank statements directly with the next update ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    10-20-12 07:32 AM
    is it going to be possible to download bank statements directly with the next update ?
    This is one of the most requested features - we are hoping to have it in 2.x release but not sure yet will be included in 2.0 or one of the following releases.
    10-21-12 09:24 PM
    Nice to see you are still actively developing Money Plus. I just started to use it. It has a very easy and intuitive interface while providing a lot of nice features.
    I have found one thing I don't understand. When you are adding an amount for a transaction the calculator functions on the input keyboard do not seem to function. I am using the most recent operating system update. Not sure if this affected it. I updated the OS before I started using the program.
    Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    -
    pete
    10-26-12 08:48 PM
    Nice to see you are still actively developing Money Plus. I just started to use it. It has a very easy and intuitive interface while providing a lot of nice features.
    I have found one thing I don't understand. When you are adding an amount for a transaction the calculator functions on the input keyboard do not seem to function. I am using the most recent operating system update. Not sure if this affected it. I updated the OS before I started using the program.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    The application does not have any calculation functions built-in when adding new or editing existing transaction. The numeric keyboard which pops up is playbook default numeric keyboard and it does not offer ability to disable certain buttons. However ability to do basic add/subtract/multiply calculations on the amount entry screen is something which was already requested and is on out to-do list so stay tuned.

In BB10 version we have provided our own custom amount entry keyboard which is part of the editing page. This method allows us to display only keys which actually work ;-) Thanks for using Money Plus and keep the feedback / questions coming.

Also if you like the app please do not forget to post positive feedback in App World. Feedback is what drives our work as it directly translates to amount of sales. ;-) Someone yesterday posted a 1 star feedback claiming the screen UI is too small and app is impossible to use... It takes many 5 star feedbacks left to compensate for one unjustified and stupid 1 star feedback. Especially where the fonts used in Money Plus are actually couple of pixels larger than fonts used in built-in Email application... Go figure.
    10-27-12 08:20 PM
    The application does not have any calculation functions built-in when adding new or editing existing transaction. The numeric keyboard which pops up is playbook default numeric keyboard and it does not offer ability to disable certain buttons. However ability to do basic add/subtract/multiply calculations on the amount entry screen is something which was already requested and is on out to-do list so stay tuned.
    Also if you like the app please do not forget to post positive feedback in App World. Feedback is what drives our work as it directly translates to amount of sales.
    I wondered about that after I sent the email. Certainly glad the calculator is on your to-do list. A lot of my postings have amounts that need to be applied to different categories. The built in calculator would make that very easy. -AND/OR- Allowing transactions to be split among several categories would also help.

I would be glad to give you a positive review.

It was amazing to have such a prompt response from a developer. I have emailed others and never heard from them.

Thanks
    -
    pete
    10-29-12 01:05 PM
    Allowing transactions to be split among several categories would also help.
    This is actually a top priority for us as well. The database in the current PlayBook version already has support for split transactions and account transfers, its just the UI did not have this functionality. I cannot promise 2.0 will have split transactions / transfers right away but its for sure coming as one of the initial 2.x follow ups.

Thanks again for your feedback!

-Andy
    10-29-12 01:25 PM
    Do you have plans to be able to upload data from Quicken such as supporting .QDF file type? If that's even possible...

I'm a Quicken "Power User" and have everything in there, but because Intuit doesn't support BB (yet at least) I need something for my phone and PB.

Also, do you have plans on allowing Web Connect and Direct Connect to download transaction info from banks servers?
    11-16-12 01:48 PM
    Do you have plans to be able to upload data from Quicken such as supporting .QDF file type? If that's even possible...
    Also, do you have plans on allowing Web Connect and Direct Connect to download transaction info from banks servers?
    In the order of priority, import/export functionality as requested by other users so far is
    1) export Money Plus transactions to CSV file (to allow import to Excel and other programs)
    2) import from Microsoft Money and Quicken
    3) import transactions from bank web sites

We will be implementing this functionality in this order once version 2.0 is out (in subsequent releases).
    JR A and bitek like this.
    11-18-12 09:21 PM
    AWESOME!

I'd be willing to pay the premium for importing from Quicken. I'd pay $20 for that feature alone just as long as it's a simple click-of-a-button that syncs my Quicken info (and syncs it properly, ESPECIALLY the categories, I'm big on organizing transactions by categories...) And even better, be able to export any transactions from the app to Quicken as well... Unless of course you also have plans to make a Desktop version of Money Plus
    11-19-12 03:53 PM
    I would really like to know if this app has bill reminder feature or do you have plans to add this feature in a future release. It would be a great addition!!
    12-03-12 04:53 PM
    @cscott44: post-dated transactions (as well as recurring transactions) with bill reminder functions are planned for future releases!
    cscott44 likes this.
    12-04-12 11:14 PM
    AWESOME!
    I'd be willing to pay the premium for importing from Quicken. I'd pay $20 for that feature alone just as long as it's a simple click-of-a-button that syncs my Quicken info (and syncs it properly, ESPECIALLY the categories, I'm big on organizing transactions by categories...) And even better, be able to export any transactions from the app to Quicken as well... Unless of course you also have plans to make a Desktop version of Money Plus
    This is something that has been requested endless number of times, but because this is bit more complex (synchronizing) is a bit lower priority at the moment. Export to csv however is a top priority (almost each day get emails asking about it) and will be implemented in one of the upcoming releases.
    12-04-12 11:15 PM
    @cscott44: post-dated transactions (as well as recurring transactions) with bill reminder functions are planned for future releases!
    This is great news, along with the fact that I will be able to use it with Quicken. You guys and this app are great!!!!!!!!
    12-04-12 11:21 PM
    As promised, here is a small teaser of Money Plus 2.0 (for BB10)

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...acking-758670/
    12-20-12 01:18 AM