Just bought Blaq yesterday & am rather dissappointed.....I now only use it to add a pic to a tweet. When trying to do other things on it, it lags, scrolls "herky-jerky," and is pretty slow with touchscreen actions.

1 example: Pull up your profile, try tapping your "Followers" or "Following" or "Tweets" - have to tap on them 15+ times to get them to open. Then after it finally opens, try scrolling up & down - ridiculous movement. Also when you have "Followers" or "Following" opened, you can't tap the person to get their profile to open. At least none of this happens on the mobile Twitter app (except you can't add a pic to a tweet...)

At first, I thought there was a problem with the app so I deleted & dowloaded again - same problems. Have been spoiled with Ubersocial on my BB phone.....guess I'll just have to wait for it to appear for Playbook......

PS - if someone knows why Blaq is acting up for me, would love to hear any suggestions........thanx!
    I recently downloaded Blaq and Im disappointed as well.

It looks great, but it is VERY slow and not intuitive.

It took me forever to figure out how to view my own timeline, and some of the gestures aren't very smooth.

I only got Blaq because I was tired of the sideloaded Android apps that would sometimes freeze (Plume and Tweetcaster)

Why cant RIM just create a native Twitter app? I mean C'MON!!, that makes no sense!

NO native Twitter app?? in 2012?? really??

Its been how many months already
    jacknewp likes this.
    03-08-12 10:50 AM
    Already fixed in beta. Also, seems like you were the one that left a great 1 star review for it.

It's still less than a year old while Uber is at least 5 years old. All I can say is give it time.
    Hey....All I did was post my opinions here on an app I purchased & downloaded - I don't even remember if I posted a review on your download site, but if I did, I gave my honest opinion. How the heck am I supposed to know what you've got going on in Blackberry Beta's and future improvements?? Or even IF there were going to be any improvements?? All I read on the info/download page was how great it was with no mentions of its issues or future improvements. Sorry if I offended you, but was merely stating my reactions to this app..... Best of luck & look forward to your improvements...... Jack
    Last edited by jacknewp; 03-14-12 at 08:48 PM.
    03-14-12 07:37 PM
    Hey....All I did was post my opinions here on an app I purchased & downloaded - I don't even remember if I posted a review on your download site, but if I did, I gave my honest opinion. How the heck am I supposed to know what you've got going on in Blackberry Beta's and future improvements?? Or even IF there were going to be any improvements?? All I read on the info/download page was how great it was with no mentions of its issues or future improvements. Sorry if I offended you, but was merely stating my reactions to this app..... Best of luck & look forward to your improvements...... Jack
    No worries and thanks. Constructive criticism benefits the app. What sets Blaq apart is it's heavily supported. Keep that in mind.

With all that said, there's more in store and its just around the corner
    03-14-12 10:23 PM
    Guys, here's the issue. We don't have a great UI framework (Cascades) like the iPhone (or iOS does), yet. This is why Blaq isn't as smooth as other apps on other platforms.
    I completely understand. Is Blaq an Air app now?
    03-14-12 11:05 PM
    I completely understand. Is Blaq an Air app now?
    For the moment, yes.
    03-14-12 11:06 PM
    Blaq is nowhere near perfect, but now they've added colored led notifications, it will be difficult for me to drift away, although if RIM integrated a Twitter app into our messages system it could be interesting, and maybe they'd use the led notifications, a winner if you ask me along with the UI...
    03-15-12 01:14 AM
    Yeah its a good app, and the Dev team listens to feedback. I know personally They've been great taking suggestions

Would love to get in on the beta testing though
    03-15-12 05:41 AM
    I've sideloaded Android twitter app and it works great.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-15-12 07:09 AM
    How about Tweetdeck? Any one try that?
    03-15-12 07:35 AM
    I want a Twitter client MADE BY Research in Motion.
    by the way, I download Blaq too but... meh

Kthxbai
    03-15-12 05:58 PM
    has anyone given TweekBook a shot? I know it's very expensive compared to Blaq or Blackbird (top two Twitter apps according to many sites), but the interface seems cleaner and more intuitive.
    03-15-12 07:21 PM
    Really? I prefer Blaq to any other client I've tries.
    03-15-12 07:32 PM
    I'm on the boat against Blaq, the interface is choppy, not that intuitive; like most things developed on top of AIR.

I've sideloaded TweetCaster and loving it. Unfortunately there's consequences in using a sideloaded Android app (links are opened in an Android Browser, multiple Android browsers will always ask the user which Android browser to use).
    03-15-12 08:12 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD