I have been experimenting with Tweedless for Playbook and I noticed on some past posts that the developer of this app reads/posts on forums.

I noticed a few things and wondered if anyone else had the same problems.

When I have tweedless open, I cannot launch my messages box. I closed tweedless, launched messages, fine no problems.

When tweedless is open I cannot get any YouTube videos to play. I closed tweedless and I was able to play videos from YouTube

I have also noticed that not everyone's user name (@crackberry) comes up highlighted? Why?

I have tweedless version 1.7.3.2 I really like the look of this app, the contrasts of the colors used makes navigating the panel easy.

I use UberSocial on my handset and really wish they would develop an app for the Playbook.

I am considering TweetBook but $5 is a little pricey, considering UberSocial and others are free.
    11-14-11 08:44 AM
    I use Blaq (awful name) ... it works fairly well; it's a paid app, but not too much. Also twitter.com isn't too bad in the browser!

I'd LOVE to have UberSocial on the Playbook! By far the best twitter app.
    11-14-11 11:47 AM
    Honestly I went back to just using the mobile website version in the browser. And oddly enough, the mobile website allows some stuff the desktop website doesn't, like quoting on a retweet.
    11-14-11 03:43 PM
    Hey I'm the dev of Tweedless... Sounds like an OS issue if you can't open Youtube videos after running my app. My app does use GPU acceleration to render somethings I wonder if that has an effect. When I get a chance I'll try to do some testing.

Tweedless at this point is one of those projects that I just work on when I have free time. I work fulltime for an agency called Jam3. So that takes up most of my time.

I have been working on an update though hopefully I'll get it out soon.

The reason why @crackberry is highlighted is that you can actually click on the name within the tweet and see everything they've posted. The same as selecting them from the user selector on the right. What its handy for is to see conversations between people. It gives you more context to conversations but sometimes there's too much and it's something I definitely want to work on in the future.
    11-17-11 09:36 AM
    hi, i just downloaded tweedless and idk if im having a blonde moment or something is wrong but when i open the app, all i see is the background image of the app. nothing else. am i missing something?
    01-04-12 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD