Hey all,

I've been trying to get someone to try my apps with no success so far. There's one I'm particularly interested in which is 'Screamager'. I want to know how it performs on a real PlayBook. If someone who already has one could give it a go I'd be eternally grateful.If you can make a video of the scrolling speed and the animations speed it would be even better. I really want to know if the speed is acceptable or not on a real device. The app (free) is here:

BlackBerry App World - Screamager

Additionally I have a paid app, it's right here and I think it's pretty cool. It's a highly advanced scientific calculator:

BlackBerry App World - Scientific RPN Calculator

If you try it out for me you'll get it for free! (meaning I'm going to PayPal you the money back).

So the deal is for testing both apps. You'll get a free (hopefully cool) app out of it. PM me if you're interested. The first one gets it. Of course to know for sure if you really tried it on a PlayBook I'm expecting at least a pic of the app running, preferrably a small video.

Thanks in advance!
    04-18-11 09:57 PM
    The speed is fine! I can email you the video, BUT here are a couple pictures. Just PM me your email, where I can email a 1.1 MB video.
    TheMarco likes this.
    04-18-11 10:53 PM
    Thanks a bunch pkcable! It's much appreciated!
    04-19-11 12:23 AM
    Cool Apps like these make me want to pick up a PlayBook this week.

But I do want to wait for a 4G (LTE) version this summer. We'll see!
    04-19-11 12:26 AM
    your screamager app costs 0.99 in App World on the PB
    04-19-11 05:46 PM
    Yeah it does. After i saw on pkcable's vid how smooth it runs i figured it's worth a buck. (it's a buck on WebOS as well and this PlayBook version is way nicer)
    04-19-11 09:29 PM
    It's worth a buck! I left you an App World review also.
    04-19-11 11:51 PM
    I promise, when I get my Playbook from the UPS man tomorrow I will check out your apps and submit reviews!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 11:55 PM
    i've tried to download Screamager and am having an issue. it shows 99 cents on the search page, but the details page shows free.

When I download, it gives me an error message that the app cant be installed.

any ideas?
    04-20-11 08:03 AM
    i've tried to download Screamager and am having an issue. it shows 99 cents on the search page, but the details page shows free.

When I download, it gives me an error message that the app cant be installed.

any ideas?
    Actually no

I had the same problem when trying to download it myself. After several attempts it finally worked. If this persists I'll have to contact RIM to ask what the **** is going on with it...
    04-20-11 08:57 AM
    Let me know if I can help in any way. Screamager was one of the initial apps I wanted to install.

I've installed other apps with no problem.

I think it might tied to the free/paid issue.
    04-20-11 09:12 AM
    I just sent a message to AppWorld support. This really sucks because right now is the time everybody is going to try out apps. I saw in my download report that it had only one purchase so far which was... me. Because I finally got it to work after 10 or more attempts. I hope they fix this soon.

Not very happy about it
    04-20-11 09:16 AM
    Marco, about the download report, I've read on the BB forums that it updates at 1EST (I'm assuming PM). Right now, everyone is showing just a handful of downloads...check in a few hours and see what it says.

Although you emailed RIM, it might also help to post your issue here:
    BlackBerry App World™ Development - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-20-11 09:42 AM
    I just sent a message to AppWorld support. This really sucks because right now is the time everybody is going to try out apps. I saw in my download report that it had only one purchase so far which was... me. Because I finally got it to work after 10 or more attempts. I hope they fix this soon.

Not very happy about it
    Marco, about the download report, I've read on the BB forums that it updates at 1EST (I'm assuming PM). Right now, everyone is showing just a handful of downloads...check in a few hours and see what it says.

Although you emailed RIM, it might also help to post your issue here:
    BlackBerry App World™ Development - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    marco, joe is right, it updates 1am EST (as in jus past midnight) so the reports are always a little behind, what i always find helpful is using the downloads chart below the report scheduler, its not always 100% accurate but its there or thereabouts, gives ya an idea at least
    04-20-11 10:28 AM
    Out of curiosity, BB, do you mind posting your numbers? If they update at 1AM, then yesterday's numbers should be accurate. I'm confused because I've heard that my app was in the top paid category at some point yesterday, but I'm not seeing numbers that support it. I'd like to get a decent outlook of what's going on out there.
    04-20-11 10:54 AM
    Out of curiosity, BB, do you mind posting your numbers? If they update at 1AM, then yesterday's numbers should be accurate. I'm confused because I've heard that my app was in the top paid category at some point yesterday, but I'm not seeing numbers that support it. I'd like to get a decent outlook of what's going on out there.
    ok, so in the graph section its not showing any downloads for today, that always seems a day behind (odd) but it is showing the purchases, however the .zip report doesnt show any of todays activity yet.

sometimes the system can be a little behind and im sure thats all your seeing.
    04-20-11 11:05 AM
    I'm not sure. For the 19th, I see four downloads. Seems kinda low. *understatement*

What I mean is, are the numbers for the 19th final now, or are we still looking at fake numbers? Figured you'd be good to ask since you had the top paid spot when I looked yesterday.
    04-20-11 11:35 AM
    I'm not sure. For the 19th, I see four downloads. Seems kinda low. *understatement*

What I mean is, are the numbers for the 19th final now, or are we still looking at fake numbers? Figured you'd be good to ask since you had the top paid spot when I looked yesterday.
    my numbers are right, however iv often found that apps that are `new` into the charts can be out on figures for a few days, mines been live for the last 2 weeks due to RIM wanting to use it (and they used it alot! ) so mine arent skewed, id still run with giving it a day or two before you make any snap decisions
    04-20-11 11:53 AM
    I know about the download count. But only ONE for Screamager just can't be right with a rumored 45k devices sold. That one is ME, to add to that. My calculator which is relatively expensive at $4.99 sold several copies already.

If there are any others here who want to try I'd appreciate it. If you don't want to pay the 99 cents I'll be happy to paypal them back to you!
    04-20-11 12:39 PM
    I know about the download count. But only ONE for Screamager just can't be right with a rumored 45k devices sold. That one is ME, to add to that. My calculator which is relatively expensive at $4.99 sold several copies already.

If there are any others here who want to try I'd appreciate it. If you don't want to pay the 99 cents I'll be happy to paypal them back to you!
    ah right, took me a while for it to `click` but im thinkin straight now, if you switch from free to paid you loose the previous data.

do you have a distimo account? as that will keep the data for ya
    04-20-11 12:45 PM
    I bought your app! Gotta support the developers!

p.s. can you save it as a gif or something? That'd be awesome, then you could email it or use it elsewhere.
    04-20-11 01:49 PM
    I bought your app! Gotta support the developers!

p.s. can you save it as a gif or something? That'd be awesome, then you could email it or use it elsewhere.
    Ah! Awesome! So the purchase + download worked now? That's a great relief.
    And no you can't save anything really. But you CAN make your own animations which is really cool if you take some time to try.

Go to: Screamager - The retro-style LED message board

And click Screamager Animation Tools.
    04-20-11 01:56 PM
    Here's a quick vid of what it looks like running on my PlayBook

04-20-11 02:09 PM
    Apparently it worked, because $1.04 including tax was taken from my paypal account. A few more and you can get yourself a latte at Starbucks!

I'm sure my daughter will love playing with it and writing daughter-ly (i.e. not always nice) messages to me on it LOL
    04-20-11 02:16 PM
    FINALLY got it to work ... it was a weird fix, so I won't go into details here, but I paid for Screamager ... just what I need to give people warnings about entering my office.
    04-20-11 11:22 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD