Has anyone within earshot actually purchased any of these? How do they work - merely page-by-page or can you change aspects of font, background color, orientation? So they keep bookmarks, annotations? Features?
    Doesn't matter - don't buy one!
    You're only encouraging them...
    11-03-11 05:04 PM
    Clogging appworld isn't the worse part..the worse part from what I have read is that these ebooks are actually free and this company is charging money for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    From what I have seen the books they sell on AppWorld are ones whos Copyright has run out. They are free to buy anywhere by anyone, but the person/company selling them on AppWorld is not breaking any laws by charging for the "app".

I agree fully that RIM needs to vet these silly "book apps" better.
    They are nothing more than a scammy-money-maker for the publisher of the "app".

Whilst not a complainer, I agree with the posts made here and I think a "Name and Shame the app publisher" should be introduced so that The Almighty Google-Lord will take notes.
    11-03-11 05:31 PM
    Why is it that RIM always takes forever to address simple problems? Why not ban this developer until they've implemented a solution? The solution could be as simple as a separate section for repackaged ebooks (if they accept them at all) and these books should not be listed in the Top 25 lists. Problem solved and everybody's happy.
    You answered your question already - because this is Research in Slow Motion. Everything about this company is slow. Not even Job (<--bible character) would have enough patience to put up with this company.

As to the book problem; sadly, as others have said, this has been complained loudly to RIM both on their official forums, twitter feeds, on here, and elsewhere. RIM is fully aware of the problems this has caused, particularly for other legitimate developers, whose apps are getting lost due to the constant shoveling of these so-called "apps". I doubt that it will be fixed soon.
    11-03-11 07:11 PM
    Why is there any uproar about this? RIM isn't going to deny apps because it annoys some people. There are plenty of worse apps that offer little or nothing. If the book apps work and function well, you have no real basis to complain. If devs want to sell apps, make a good app and it will sell. If you do minimal effort in developing an app, then expect it to fail. If its not book apps, it'll be some other app that takes up the "new" apps. Thats why there are featured apps and websites like this to help you spot the genuinely good apps.
    11-04-11 12:23 AM
    I hate seeing all these books as well, they need a separate book market and stop flooding the app world. Makes the app count go up but it's all useless to me, I've stopped even checking for new apps since 80% of them are books. I've stopped picking up my playbook altogether actually.
    11-18-11 10:07 PM
    Actually I already have it. Point I was trying to make is that these book "apps" as far as reading is concerned suck.
    Agreed. The sole offender in BlackBerry App World needs to be permanently banned from submitting "apps." Period. Digi-Media produces garbage which needs to be addressed by Research In Motion. Is everyone in management asleep or living in an alternate reality? I single biggest problem within the company appears to be nobody wants to make any decisions.
    jarekb likes this.
    11-19-11 09:12 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD