I am looking for an app for Playbook so I can write like pen to paper.

Any ideas or like apps you can suggest?
    03-06-12 02:46 PM
    I like NoteSmartly (there is a Lite version to try before you buy), but the pad size is really cramped. It has a lot of features though and is good for quick notes. If you do a search in App World for "note taker" there are several apps, and a few free ones that support free drawing.

I have read some really good reviews for Groovy Notes, but again it is a full featured app and may be more than you are looking for.
    03-06-12 02:57 PM
    There are some drawing apps, BUT they are better suited to making pictures. There's nothing sophiticated like the Galaxy Note app. Also you would need a stylus to make this work. If you DO get a stylus make sure to get a capacitive one, which would be one designed for the ipad.
    03-06-12 02:58 PM
    Skitch for android. Convert it to .bar yourself. It works great and can be connected with Evernote.
    03-06-12 03:10 PM
    I use NoteSmartly and Skit. I also bought a Adonit stylus, which is a little pricey at 30 bucks. I too wanted to be able to take notes directly to an app, and although it does work, you cannot write as fast as on paper and you are limited to a small screen.

But it can be done. I mostly use Skit for drawing and doodles.
    03-06-12 03:10 PM
    I've tried quite a few combos (pens & products), but nothing comes close to what I'm after. For me, it is really a desire to take hand written notes vs. typing those notes wihle in front of a customer. While I have no problem with the typing functionality of the PB - to me, it seems, that note taking has a different appearance if you are doing it in front of another person, vs. typing away... Again, that's just my opinion.

The few stylus that I have tried from Staples / Best Buy - simply didn't have the accuracy of the stylus that I need for note taking. The narrowest I could find was the Bamboo - and for drawing it is fine. For printing words, it isn't.

I remember back in the early days with my Palm Pilot, input was achieved with a hard tipped stylus and Grafitti. They've ported Grafitti over to Android - I got to where I could really motor with Grafitti... Maybe we will get lucky and someone will port it over as an input method (allowing us to choose between keyboard & Grafitti and back again...).

I also found this video of a very clever PlayBook user:

He uses a white board, dry erase pen and dry eraser - to print his notes clearly on the white board during a class - then snap pix after the class ends. Then he has a digital repository of his lecture notes. That may be a very easy and cheap alternative.
    Last edited by Dim-Ize; 03-06-12 at 03:23 PM.
    spsuninja likes this.
    03-06-12 03:18 PM
    Yes I find free note+ to be pretty good. Get it at goodereader.com. Sideload it.
    03-06-12 03:26 PM
    After looking at all the competing products I've about come to the conclusion that the Paperless notetaking device mentioned above is the best way to take notes with a tablet of any kind.
    03-17-12 09:55 PM
    A 7 inch capacitive screen is just too small for note taking. A 10inch screen is better, but a touchscreen with a stylus is really the best since it's most like regular handwriting.
    03-17-12 10:32 PM
    Are there any similar to Genial Writing 2?
    01-02-13 09:54 PM
    As concerns actual handwritten notetaking on tablets, no native app on Playbook remotely compares with the Android apps Freenote+ and Handrite, which are designed around this feature (both use the central part of the screen to allow you writing very large words even with finger only, then they scale the words, real time, as soon as you "raise the pen up" and they relocate them at the end of the ongoing line of text at the top of the screen.)
    This whole process may look complex as (poorly) explained here, but indeed it is extremely efficient and IMHO the only real way to take handwritten notes on a tablet.
    All other notetaking apps here are basically small text (keyboard) processors with a sketch capability added, or just draw apps where writing more than a single word will be pathetic.
    Now, while both Freenote and Handrite are not available in the App world, there are relatively easy ways to bring them to the PB (sideload, search for their names here on the forum).
    While I for one am definitely in favor of textbased, searchable notes (using GroovyNotes) I did try both Freenote+ and Handrite, and the only reason I didn't settle on them is the lack of a search function for Handrite; I may even have considered Freenote+ against Groovynotes if I hadn't started GN before (plus, I'm not absolutely sure the sideloaded Freenote will continue working in future PB updates -while GN is native)
    Try them; for handwritten notetaking no other is to par. Handrite is very simple (rather a post-it notes handler), Freenote+ on the contrary is quite ambitious, and maybe because of that it's not immediate to handle, but after a short while (and thanks to detailed manuals) it looks definitely very efficient, bringing in handwritten and ascii text, inline images, multiple pages etc. in a fluid way.
    If it pleases you don't hesitate to contact the dev and ask for an Blackberry port ...
    01-03-13 04:04 AM
    try paintbook, its free and works with stylus and has a paper canvas you can use as well as other canvases.
    01-03-13 07:46 PM
    I would suggest picinote, it's a great application that I have been using since its launch for my university notes. Combining it with repligo reader for pdf annotation I don't need any paper at university.
    01-03-13 09:47 PM
    skitch sideload is great as well

video with skitch in it starts at minute 6:45

link for skitch download herePlaybook - Skitch v1.0.38.bar - Minus
    01-03-13 10:11 PM
    Free note is definitely the most efficient app to take handwrited notes using a stylus or your finger and it works perfectly on the playbook. You can download the app from this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...quests-706979/
    01-04-13 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD