For the playbook?
    Last edited by macethedon; 04-18-13 at 05:04 PM.
    04-17-13 07:18 PM
    04-17-13 07:20 PM
    Try the website
    http://apk2bar.unker.net/

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:20 PM
    No, I want to be able to convert it on the playbook itself & the playbook doesn't recognize apk files, so any alternatives?
    04-17-13 08:57 PM
    You can convert apk files using that site with the Playbook. You'll need to install one of the android internet browsers, Maxthon or Dolphin, and an android file browser like Ghost Commander. Then, just go to the site using the android net browser, click upload, then choose Ghost, navigate to the apk and tap on it in Ghost. The apk will then upload, be converted, and be available for download.
    04-17-13 09:31 PM
    or just add .txt at the end of the apk and use the native browser to upload and download the bar.
    04-17-13 10:31 PM
    You can convert apk files using that site with the Playbook. You'll need to install one of the android internet browsers, Maxthon or Dolphin, and an android file browser like Ghost Commander. Then, just go to the site using the android net browser, click upload, then choose Ghost, navigate to the apk and tap on it in Ghost. The apk will then upload, be converted, and be available for download.
    Thanks very much.
    04-18-13 05:01 PM
    or just add .txt at the end of the apk and use the native browser to upload and download the bar.
    Almost missed this, this is way easier, thanks, you're life saver.
    04-18-13 05:02 PM
    howdy, just got playbooks for my kids, am trying to d/l the BAR files to my laptop, then sideload them to the playbook using DDPB, but they never work. have quickly tried the other methods shown above but cant get them to work either. Any help please?
    cheers
    04-25-13 05:00 AM
    howdy, just got playbooks for my kids, am trying to d/l the BAR files to my laptop, then sideload them to the playbook using DDPB, but they never work. have quickly tried the other methods shown above but cant get them to work either. Any help please?
    cheers
    Just because an app may install doesn't mean that it'll work. Its the same with native apps on Androids as well. This is because there are so many different processors and the like.
    04-25-13 07:51 AM
    cheers
    What aspect is not working - the transfer to the pb or the actual app? If you mention the app, others might have an idea if they work or alternatives.
    04-25-13 11:01 AM
    thanks for the quick response, I've had absolutely no experience of android either so this part is new to me.
    04-25-13 04:56 PM
    also thanks for the quick response, appreciated, I have gotten a few from here - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Kids Apps :: Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps and used dpbb to put them on the pb and they work fine. the ones I dl'd from the above site eg talking ben, temple run, stuff for a 3 and a 5 year old, all saved on my laptop, then also transferred to pb by dpbb, they were on the home screen, but after initialising they crash straight away and have to be force closed.
    its a fabulous little tablet, but could do with more "stuff"
    04-25-13 05:04 PM
    The browser Opera has a neat plugin that allows one to install .bar files onto the Playbook from the PC and its more reliable than ddpb and more descriptive as well with its error messages.
    04-25-13 06:10 PM
    thanks, will give that a try.
    04-26-13 04:17 AM
    The browser Opera has a neat plugin that allows one to install .bar files onto the Playbook from the PC and its more reliable than ddpb and more descriptive as well with its error messages.
    Hi, can you tell me what this add-on is called? they nag me every day for temple run and candy crush, doing my head in!
    05-18-13 03:12 AM
    I don't know about Opera but the Chrome Browser has an add-in.

PlayBook App Manager 1.9.3

PlayBook App Manager
    James Clark1 and mbilloo like this.
    05-18-13 08:57 AM