Well today i downloaded GeeReader for my rss feeds. I have not used google reader before. But i do have an account. I like GeeReader if you need an rss app for your feeds check it out. If you tried it what do you think about it.
    05-01-11 07:51 PM
    Need one which does google reader feeds!
    05-01-11 08:15 PM
    Need one which does google reader feeds!
    This one is your best bet then.
    05-01-11 08:16 PM
    Amen, Gee Reader is great as a google reader and actually using the web with the Iphone html pagw wasn't too bad.

GeeReader is really nice !!
    05-01-11 08:19 PM
    I have been using it for several days and am very happy with the program.
    05-01-11 08:22 PM
    I downloaded it today and it just spins and spins on my PB. Very frustrating. After taking the best app ever, Viigo, away from the BlackBerry I was so hopeful to see it come to the BlackBerry Playbook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 08:46 PM
    I downloaded it today and it just spins and spins on my PB. Very frustrating. After taking the best app ever, Viigo, away from the BlackBerry I was so hopeful to see it come to the BlackBerry Playbook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That happened to me when i first downloaded it. I had to delay 1 feed from reader on the computer then it worked.
    05-01-11 10:22 PM
    I've just installed this. Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get Google Reader to import RSS feeds from iGoogle?
    05-02-11 12:10 AM
    I'm waiting for RIM to port over the "BlackBerry News Feeds" app and provide sync read/unread support through your BlackBerry ID. This functionality should be a nobrainer and I'm actually a bit surprised it hasn't already been done.
    05-02-11 07:49 AM
    how does this compare to glimpse, which has an impressive icon-based gui?
    05-02-11 08:23 AM
    how does this compare to glimpse, which has an impressive icon-based gui?
    I just looked at Glimpse and while it has a decent interface I couldn't find any way to integrate your greader account to sync it with those feeds like geereader. You have to add each feed you want to monitor manually from what I saw. The one feature it had that I wish geereader had was opening the full page from the story you have open.
    TheArliss likes this.
    05-02-11 10:09 AM
    I downloaded it today and it just spins and spins on my PB. Very frustrating.
    Same here

Thanks

AR
    Last edited by loonix; 05-02-11 at 11:23 AM.
    05-02-11 10:21 AM
    I'm the developer of GeeReader

I know of 2 issues that currently prevent GeeReader from loading correctly.

1. If you are following any blogs from the Blogger (www.blogger.com) GeeReader wont load correctly.
    The workaround is:
    • Unfollow the sites in the Blogger dashboard : http://www.blogger.com/manage-blogs-following.g
    • Add the list of sites to Google Reader online.
    • Close GeeReader and reopen.
    I’ve already applied a fix for this issue and submitted a new release (v.1.0.7) to RIM for approval so I’d recommend rather leaving the blogger setup as is.

2. I’ve seen one or 2 people in the forums say that they had an invalid subscription/feed in their Google Reader profile. Once they deleted that feed GeeReader would open correctly. I haven’t been able to recreate this issue myself though.

Please send me a PM to let me know if you're still experiencing problems with GeeReader.
    05-02-11 10:45 AM
    1. If you are following any blogs from the Blogger (www.blogger.com) GeeReader wont load correctly.
    The workaround is:
    � Unfollow the sites in the Blogger dashboard : http://www.blogger.com/manage-blogs-following.g
    � Add the list of sites to Google Reader online.
    � Close GeeReader and reopen.
    That was it, thanks man

looking forward to your updated release

Getting your GeeReader working today and with the release of BBM today - I am really happy and my PB is getting better and better...

AR
    05-02-11 10:55 AM
    My thanks to you for creating a great app and responding to the concerns. Tipping my hat to you!

The Hankster

I'm the developer of GeeReader

I know of 2 issues that currently prevent GeeReader from loading correctly.

The workaround is:
    � Unfollow the sites in the Blogger dashboard : http://www.blogger.com/manage-blogs-following.g
    � Add the list of sites to Google Reader online.
    � Close GeeReader and reopen.
    I�ve already applied a fix for this issue and submitted a new release (v.1.0.7) to RIM for approval so I�d recommend rather leaving the blogger setup as is.

2. I�ve seen one or 2 people in the forums say that they had an invalid subscription/feed in their Google Reader profile. Once they deleted that feed GeeReader would open correctly. I haven�t been able to recreate this issue myself though.

Please send me a PM to let me know if you're still experiencing problems with GeeReader.
    05-02-11 11:06 AM
    No prob. I want the app to work just as much as everyone else
    05-02-11 11:20 AM
    I love your app man, really great.

Just a question thought... Is there a way to resize fonts? sometimes its to small for me
    05-02-11 12:07 PM
    I actually prefer Feed Wheel as my preferred RSS reader. Has some great functionality, plus you can choose to scroll like normal (by swiping your finger) or move your thumb in a circle a la an old school iPod to scroll. Google reader integration and some slick UI that gives a nice preview, full screen, or browser view options, and lets you flip the side your list vs preview screen is on.
    05-02-11 12:15 PM
    I love your app man, really great.

Just a question thought... Is there a way to resize fonts? sometimes its to small for me
    Glad you like the app At the moment I just use the system default font sizes in most of the app except for the article detail where I just let the web view choose the font size. I'll definitely look at adding a way to set the font sizes.
    05-02-11 12:23 PM
    I actually prefer Feed Wheel as my preferred RSS reader. Has some great functionality, plus you can choose to scroll like normal (by swiping your finger) or move your thumb in a circle a la an old school iPod to scroll. Google reader integration and some slick UI that gives a nice preview, full screen, or browser view options, and lets you flip the side your list vs preview screen is on.
    Feed Wheel looks cool. Some nice ideas there!
    05-02-11 12:28 PM
    Love this app so far.. Just found you can maximize the article window by tapping the bar at the top of the window.

May not have the ability to make text larger and reflow it, but there is pinch to zoom in the windows!

Only thing I can ask for is smoother animations / operation, but that is a very minimal request in light of how well it works.
    05-02-11 12:29 PM
    Love this app so far.. Just found you can maximize the article window by tapping the bar at the top of the window.

Only thing I can ask for is smoother animations / operation, but that is a very minimal request in light of how well it works.
    Glad you like the app

I realise now that the "tap title bar to maximise/minimise" operation isn't intuitive at all. I'll add some icons to make this more obvious. I'll also look at the overall responsiveness of the scrolling and animations.
    Last edited by GeeReaderDev; 05-02-11 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-02-11 12:33 PM
    Yup, I actually asked for the ability to make it full sized in my review on app world, but now I've figured out how to do it. Was a "wonder if it gets bigger if I do this..." moment.

Maybe an intro screen or help screen that walks a new user through a few of the features would help?
    05-02-11 01:14 PM
    Well today i downloaded GeeReader for my rss feeds. I have not used google reader before. But i do have an account. I like GeeReader if you need an rss app for your feeds check it out. If you tried it what do you think about it.
    thanks for the tip i dl'd it and love it!!!!!
    05-02-11 01:16 PM
    What category do these feed apps even fall under? I only find them by searching for the actual name...
    05-02-11 01:17 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD