Just downloaded a native SIP VOIP app called Taki.
    Took me a couple of minutes to get it registered to our office SIP PBX, but I have it working as an extension on our system now. I need to get my BB headphones with mic to give this a proper tryout, but it does work. The WIFI in my building is only B and weak at that. I am experiencing quite a bit of delay, but a better test will be at home tonight.
    It is mostly meant for services such as SKYPE etc, but of course, being a phone guy I had to try it.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-21-12 03:26 PM
    Wow,Taki
    works great for outbound calls. I tried both my pbxes and Sipgate credentials. Again outbound works but incoming says "other person on phone". I am on between 2.1.xxx. I will reboot sometime later to see if incoming ok.

Fixed! I forgot to "register" (button)
    Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 08-22-12 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Fixed
    08-21-12 03:36 PM
    Wow,Taki
    works great for outbound calls. I tried both my pbxes and Sipgate credentials. Again outbound works but incoming says "other person on phone". I am on between 2.1.xxx. I will reboot sometime later to see if incoming ok.
    Interesting. I registered to my office Zultys PBX and incoming works fine as well as outgoing. What PBX are you trying?
    I want to try my Mitel PBX next, then Toshiba.
    08-21-12 03:49 PM
    I use pbxes.org. I will have to go back into pbxes and maybe tweak in some settings I have Gtalk, Sipgate.com, Ipcomms.net set up on my pbxes account.
    08-21-12 06:34 PM
    Are you guys speaking English?
    zethaaron and anon(3641385) like this.
    08-21-12 07:19 PM
    Canuckvoip, please let us know how it works with the Mitel pbx. My office uses the Mitel 3300 and I have been able to get 3cx work with the 3300 in Win 7 and on my Ipod touch both inside my office and remotely. But I noted the absence of a STUN server in Taki and the logs were showing STUN errors when I tried to get Taki to register from home through NAT. I will try it tomorrow from the office. I hope it will at least work on our office LAN.

I am just so thrilled to finally find a generic SIP client for the Playbook. It is about time!
    08-21-12 09:38 PM
    Guys would you recommend this app for BIS (not BES) situation?

That is, as a non office PBX connected app, but phone calls just people to people?
    08-21-12 11:46 PM
    I also downloaded taki yday and tried calling using (Sipgate + Google Voice) works fine even having some delay
    08-22-12 09:17 AM
    This is great! I've been waiting for a native VOIP SIP client since the PlayBook came out. Just got it and hooked up no problems with my freephoneline.ca account. There is some delay though, so I'll have to carry out a few more calls to see if it's good enough to carry out a conversation comfortably.
    08-22-12 10:41 AM
    Oops... Spoke too soon, I'm not getting incoming audio on most of my calls, although voice mail works. I'll be contacting the dev and hopefully it can be resolved.
    08-22-12 11:24 AM
    Just an update... Contacted the dev and he told me an update has already been submitted to add STUN support. Hopefully this will resolve my one way audio issues.

Thumbs up to the dev for being responsive.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    08-23-12 08:32 AM
    Just an update... Contacted the dev and he told me an update has already been submitted to add STUN support. Hopefully this will resolve my one way audio issues.

Thumbs up to the dev for being responsive.
    STUN support... yes, that will help immensely! Can't wait for the update.
    08-23-12 12:08 PM
    Hi
    Did somebady manage to conenct TAKI SIP client to ASTERISK PBX.?
    08-24-12 07:32 AM
    Taki just got upgraded to 1.0.1
    Will try the app again from home to see if audio issues are fixed.
    08-24-12 12:54 PM
    Like the app very much but I can't upgrade to 1.0.1 (app world error 35005)!?
    Dev, please help.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    08-25-12 04:07 AM
    Resolved (on its own I guess), using latest version now.
    08-25-12 04:23 AM
    I had the same problem with upgrading. Had to delete the version on my PB, reinstall it, then it upgraded ok.

Any way here are some items that need to be addressed:
    After entering my sip credentials, I needed to hit the "register" button. This button is super small and I could not expand the screen. After about 20 or so tries, I finally got the "X" (register) to come on and stay on and then I saved.
    After making/recieving successful calls, I then decided to try the button to cancel a call I was making (from my PB)but it would not respond. The phone (on my PB) kept ringing and I could not stop it even though my phone on the other end acknowledged the end of call signal. The only way I could stop the ringing was to exit the program.
    Either a bug in the voip program or maybe it is my beta 2.1.8xx on my PB? These are just annoyances to me and not a deal breaker as the voip program works good.
    08-25-12 07:11 AM
    I had the same problem with upgrading. Had to delete the version on my PB, reinstall it, then it upgraded ok.

Any way here are some items that need to be addressed:
    After entering my sip credentials, I needed to hit the "register" button. This button is super small and I could not expand the screen. After about 20 or so tries, I finally got the "X" (register) to come on and stay on and then I saved.
    After making/recieving successful calls, I then decided to try the button to cancel a call I was making (from my PB)but it would not respond. The phone (on my PB) kept ringing and I could not stop it even though my phone on the other end acknowledged the end of call signal. The only way I could stop the ringing was to exit the program.
    Either a bug in the voip program or maybe it is my beta 2.1.8xx on my PB? These are just annoyances to me and not a deal breaker as the voip program works good.
    I'm also on latest beta. Been using Taki for two days now with Nonoh.net (Betamax clone) account and everything worked out of the box. So far so good.
    08-25-12 07:56 AM
    Interesting. I registered to my office Zultys PBX and incoming works fine as well as outgoing. What PBX are you trying?
    I want to try my Mitel PBX next, then Toshiba.
    How do you get it to register to Zultys MX. I can't get mine to work
    04-29-13 02:24 PM
    How do you get it to register to Zultys MX. I can't get mine to work
    I put the Zultys username in both the "Your name" and "User name" fields. The password is the same as the one you put in the admin for the user, and the domain field is either the IP address or domain name applied to the WAN port of the Zultys. I have the "Register" button checked as well.
    04-30-13 03:59 PM
    It works great but when my Q10 is vibrate only mode, Taki still have sound when someone calling, any solutions?
    05-13-13 01:55 PM
    NO!

I buy the APP but it dont work with Asterisk.
    09-05-13 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD