Just wanted to update you that ABC.com is now working again!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bc-com-710518/
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    03-19-12 09:23 PM
    Totally freakin awesome excellent!
    I sent them an email yesterday and talked to a RIMployee (that's a word now ) about it this morning, I don't know if either of those things helped (probably not), they probably just realized it was an inadvertent block and fixed it!
    I'll get that back into working channels for the next update!
    03-19-12 09:28 PM
    Not sure if this has been covered or not but what about NASA TV?

NASA - NASA Television in High Definition on UStream
    03-19-12 10:04 PM
    Not sure if this has been covered or not but what about NASA TV?

NASA - NASA Television in High Definition on UStream
    You must be psychic. 1.7 was submitted for App World approval this morning. It doesn't have that link, but it has NASA - NASA TV (which is the same thing, but a direct feed from NASA rather than a streamed feed from UStream).
    03-19-12 10:11 PM
    Can include ABC not working on this device, operating system or browser anymore.
    Started this week.
    I posted earlier, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post7250851

I contacted abc.com that their stream stopped working so they fixed it!
    ABC should be working now!
    balding1 likes this.
    03-20-12 12:54 AM
    I posted earlier, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post7250851

I contacted abc.com that their stream stopped working so they fixed it!
    ABC should be working now!
    Thanks for the update, it's working again.
    03-20-12 04:49 AM
    Yes! Although for most channels you will probably need to setup a proxy. The process is simple and instructions can be found in the app.
    erm...What is a proxy and how can i download this beautifull peice of kit.

My Wife LOVES! teen mom usa and other american programs but when we try and watch them from my pc it says this program is not supported by your region so if we can get it through the play book and then through the tv it would be awsome! thanks!
    03-20-12 04:59 AM
    Just bought this app yesterday and despite the somewhat clunky interface and spotty channel reception, I was thrilled to be able to watch AMAZON INSTANT VIDEOS!!!!! I signed in with my Prime account and watched 2 Doctor Who episodes in HD with no issues at all! Thanks for this great app!!!
    03-20-12 06:22 AM
    If we made a donation before it was approved on App World how are we supposed to get updates or do we need to purchase it again? I am not gonna scream either way just would like to know.
    03-20-12 07:30 AM
    Where I live, we have no wired internet Even though it exists all around us. So to watch any TV, I have to use very expensive sat, 10Gig capped LTE, or rent movies.

Well now that rentals are very hard to find, it left Netflix. With Netflix, unless I want to watch very low quality shows, the 10Gig was eaten up in a few shows. With this app, and My Playbook, and Bold, I get an extra 2 gigs Hey, at least its an extra 2 without the $10/Gig overage.

It is apps like this, that make the playbook an excellent device for home or way.

Keep up the good work, cant wait for further updates and enhancements.
    03-20-12 07:44 AM
    erm...What is a proxy and how can i download this beautifull peice of kit.

My Wife LOVES! teen mom usa and other american programs but when we try and watch them from my pc it says this program is not supported by your region so if we can get it through the play book and then through the tv it would be awsome! thanks!
    Lol a proxy is using another computer's IP address to browse the net. Instructions for setting one up are in the help section of the app, or you can read them at OpenSourceBB.com.
    I've heard www.hidemyass.com is a good place to get proxies.

Just bought this app yesterday and despite the somewhat clunky interface and spotty channel reception, I was thrilled to be able to watch AMAZON INSTANT VIDEOS!!!!! I signed in with my Prime account and watched 2 Doctor Who episodes in HD with no issues at all! Thanks for this great app!!!
    Well I'm glad you like it if you have any suggestions to improve the UI I'll be happy to try to implement them.
    03-20-12 08:12 AM
    If we made a donation before it was approved on App World how are we supposed to get updates or do we need to purchase it again? I am not gonna scream either way just would like to know.
    PM me, we'll work something out.

Where I live, we have no wired internet Even though it exists all around us. So to watch any TV, I have to use very expensive sat, 10Gig capped LTE, or rent movies.

Well now that rentals are very hard to find, it left Netflix. With Netflix, unless I want to watch very low quality shows, the 10Gig was eaten up in a few shows. With this app, and My Playbook, and Bold, I get an extra 2 gigs Hey, at least its an extra 2 without the $10/Gig overage.

It is apps like this, that make the playbook an excellent device for home or way.

Keep up the good work, cant wait for further updates and enhancements.
    10gb? Holy mother that sucks!
    Updates are certainly coming 1.7 got approved this morning, I'll probably release 1.8 this weekend.
    03-20-12 08:14 AM
    Hey,

I am not sure about the US, but the NBA website you have on the list is not for Canadians. I am not able to sign into my League Pass account. The link I use to watch NBA League Pass is NBA.com - NBA TV

I tried using it through the manual website option u have, but it doesn't seem to play.

Great work btw!

Thanks,
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    03-20-12 09:20 AM
    Hey,

I am not sure about the US, but the NBA website you have on the list is not for Canadians. I am not able to sign into my League Pass account. The link I use to watch NBA League Pass is NBA.com - NBA TV

I tried using it through the manual website option u have, but it doesn't seem to play.

Great work btw!

Thanks,
    Two questions
    Have you tried using a proxy with the NBA channel? If not that's fine.
    Second, I'm a bit confused - does that link you posted work in the Playbook browser? I might have to remove the buttons for it to let you login. If it does I'll change the app to use that.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 03-20-12 at 09:49 AM.
    03-20-12 09:45 AM
    v1.8 was approved by App World I've never had an update be approved in under 24 hours before now.
    sushistew likes this.
    03-21-12 09:38 PM
    Any reason why Directv Subscribers can not sign in? (or am I doing something wrong?)

I have HBOgo from Directv and I can sign in with PC, apple products and even with the playbook browser (of course I have the video problem with PB Browser, But I can sign in and watch the first few minutes of the video).

With Tablet TV i have a message saying that directv is experiencing difficulties and I have to try later.
    I just logged in with my PC and logged out (to be sure that is not the problem), I did reset the PB, etc.

BTW: Amazon Primes works fine for me...... Just HBOGO / Directv still gives me the error
    Thanks
    Last edited by robertogag; 03-22-12 at 12:24 PM.
    03-22-12 12:05 PM
    v1.8 was approved by App World I've never had an update be approved in under 24 hours before now.
    Looks like your sleeping with the right people now.lol
    Great job on the new layout and colors they really pop out now.
    Terrific app.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    03-22-12 12:47 PM
    Love the app, I just deleted the version I previously sideloaded and paid the $1.99 for the version in AppWorld. Great job!

One question... how do you get back to the main screen once you've opened a channel? I can only get back by closing the app and re-opening it. Not a huge deal, but a swipe down to reveal a back button would be nice!
    03-22-12 01:05 PM
    Any reason why Directv Subscribers can not sign in? (or am I doing something wrong?)

I have HBOgo from Directv and I can sign in with PC, apple products and even with the playbook browser (of course I have the video problem with PB Browser, But I can sign in and watch the first few minutes of the video).

With Tablet TV i have a message saying that directv is experiencing difficulties and I have to try later.
    I just logged in with my PC and logged out (to be sure that is not the problem), I did reset the PB, etc.

BTW: Amazon Primes works fine for me...... Just HBOGO / Directv still gives me the error
    Thanks
    I have absolutely no idea why that would be the case HBOGo is one of the channels that I removed the buttons from to comply with their ToU/ToS, so you should be running plain, normal HBOGo. Does it let you login with the native browser?
    That also could just be a problem on their end, they might be blocking mobile devices or the Playbook, or DirecTV's verification could be having issues...
    If you can login from the regular browser please let me know, if that's the case the problem would have to be the app and I'll need to do some deep digging to find out why it's doing that.
    03-22-12 01:11 PM
    Love the app, I just deleted the version I previously sideloaded and paid the $1.99 for the version in AppWorld. Great job!

One question... how do you get back to the main screen once you've opened a channel? I can only get back by closing the app and re-opening it. Not a huge deal, but a swipe down to reveal a back button would be nice!
    Most of the channels have a forward/back/home set of buttons (I think I might make a little dock image for them too ) but some content providers don't allow that due to either site formatting or their ToS/ToU (I don't feel like getting a cease and desist letter lol, had that happen once already from some jack off on Amazon who was mad that I undercut his ridiculously overpriced NookColor microSD cards).

I really, really, really want to use a dropdown menu instead of buttons. I can't though, because there's a bug in the dropdown that prevents it from working correctly. I reported the issue to RIM and I'm hoping they'll fix it (https://github.com/blackberry/WebWor...ples/issues/24).
    kyleheney and gaoliang21 like this.
    03-22-12 01:26 PM
    I have absolutely no idea why that would be the case HBOGo is one of the channels that I removed the buttons from to comply with their ToU/ToS, so you should be running plain, normal HBOGo. Does it let you login with the native browser?
    That also could just be a problem on their end, they might be blocking mobile devices or the Playbook, or DirecTV's verification could be having issues...
    If you can login from the regular browser please let me know, if that's the case the problem would have to be the app and I'll need to do some deep digging to find out why it's doing that.
    This is weird.
    1.- I tried loging in several times, reset PB, trying again and nothing
    2.- Then I went to be sure I could sign using the browser and I succeeded
    3.- After logging in and out from browser, now I can login on tablet TV, funny....
    (maybe the PB was somehow "logged in"??)

Anyway, I am here and testing already 7-8 minuts and the video looks fine
    Last edited by robertogag; 03-22-12 at 02:37 PM.
    03-22-12 02:33 PM
    This is weird.
    1.- I tried loging in several times, reset PB, trying again and nothing
    2.- Then I went to be sure I could sign using the browser and I succeeded
    3.- After logging in and out from browser, now I can login on tablet TV, funny....
    (maybe the PB was somehow "logged in"??)

Anyway, I am here and testing already 7-8 minuts and the video looks fine
    Awesome I'm glad it started working, and I'll add that to the FAQ. I don't know if DirecTV prevents you from being logged in in more than one location?

I created a "dock" for the back/forward/home buttons, that and several new channels will be in an update next week.
    03-22-12 04:32 PM
    Can anyone who owns any videos in Google Play check to see if you can watch the GOogle Play videos in the Playbook browser for me?
    03-22-12 08:48 PM
    Awesome I'm glad it started working, and I'll add that to the FAQ. I don't know if DirecTV prevents you from being logged in in more than one location?

I created a "dock" for the back/forward/home buttons, that and several new channels will be in an update next week.
    The thing is that I was able to log in into PC and iphone five minutes before (meaning that was not the issue). Besides that, I was thinking that i hadn't logged into HBOGO on BP in months (since I know it wasn't working fine on playbook).

Is it possible that logging into the PB browser somehow enabled something? It can be just coincidence but it is weird that I tried 6-7 times without success but after login/logout on browser I could login into tabletTV. Anyway. I watched Green lantern yesterday for about one hour and it went smooth.
    03-23-12 09:17 AM
    The thing is that I was able to log in into PC and iphone five minutes before (meaning that was not the issue). Besides that, I was thinking that i hadn't logged into HBOGO on BP in months (since I know it wasn't working fine on playbook).

Is it possible that logging into the PB browser somehow enabled something? It can be just coincidence but it is weird that I tried 6-7 times without success but after login/logout on browser I could login into tabletTV. Anyway. I watched Green lantern yesterday for about one hour and it went smooth.
    Could be this is what I added to the FAQ:

Why can't I log in to my account on a paid channel?
    I've had one customer contact me because he couldn't login to his DirecTV account to watch HBOGo. He was able to get it working again by logging in and then out in the main Playbook browser. Make sure you're logged out of other devices, reboot your Playbook, and try again. If it still won't login you can email me or the company you have the account with.
    03-23-12 09:27 AM
674 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD