I hope RIM is working on this (maybe they can partner a 3rd party paid photo storage service like smugmug and make tons of money) but while they think about it, is there anyway to automatically synchronize or only upload pictures and videos so that we can have everything in place? Hopefully we can get the same app or something similar on our phones as well. I really hate gathering all my devices (playbook, blackberry, two digital cameras, wife's phone, etc..) and then start copying them to my laptop, and then move them to external drive for archiving and then select the good ones and upload them to cloud storage service for safe keeping...
    06-17-12 10:16 PM
    Your description sounds like what the app SugarSync does. Read this description:

SugarSync provides wireless mobile backup of photos you take using your mobile device. The instant you take a picture on your iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry device, you can upload the photo and access it from any of your computers�PC or Mac. No more fumbling with cables and no need to email pictures to yourself just so you can have a copy on your computer.
    https://www.sugarsync.com/products/s...ic_photos.html

They don't have an app for PB, but the Android app can be converted and works well. They do have a free app in App World for BB phones though.
    06-18-12 05:38 AM
    I have been using the Files and Folders app with Box and it also supports Sugarsync, Dropbox and Google docs.
    06-18-12 04:15 PM
    Thanks for both of your replies, Files and Folders seem to be a great tool. I have tried some apps that were meant for android to do the syncronization but they were spotty at best, so I think the best way is to find a native app and try it.
    However Files and Folders is not available for Blackberry phones, only Playbook. I wonder if they have any plans to make one for the phone so we can sync in more places.

I also noticed there is an update to Sugarsync, I will give that a shot, I remember last time I tried it required running constantly and was a bit slow. Will try again!

As for Dropbox, I got 8GB so it will be sad to give that up if I have to go with Sugarsync where I only have 5GB and will miss bunch of good features.
    06-19-12 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD