Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Cool Sushi Chop by Union

Union released this new game today for $2, fruit ninja type game. I just bought it.
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 11-17-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    LimeTrip: App Reviews, Tips & Tricks, Giveaways, Beta Testing and more...
    LimeTrip
    Download Official LimeTripBlog App: http://goo.gl/GzK7I
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: Sushi Chop by Union

Why you pay for it? Is totally free on Android, thats why im hating this developers... They just come to PlayBook to take advantage of apps hungry people like us, but I won't fall for it, I get them free on my Samsung tablet, I would like we get the same treatment on playbook, but they just come here to rip off people!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by berryaddict338 View Post
    Why you pay for it? Is totally free on Android, thats why im hating this developers... They just come to PlayBook to take advantage of apps hungry people like us, but I won't fall for it, I get them free on my Samsung tablet, I would like we get the same treatment on playbook, but they just come here to rip off people!
    I guess they don't leave us any choice, but the fact is that Union is the only game developer who releases decent new games on a regular basis and I like their games.

BTW I purchased the game, I'll post a video review of the game by tomorrow.
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 11-17-2012 at 02:13 AM.
    LimeTrip
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

It cost money to write for a new platform. Once BlackBerry10 takes off and more people have you can expect to see more free apps/cheaper apps.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28FF5A97

I personally would pay for apps that are "free" on other platforms, especially if different OSes are using different monetizing strategies. Yes, it is free on the Android platform, but for them to put up a free app, they have the option to use Google Ad placement to help pay for development cost and hopefully make money. The Sushi Chop on my Galaxy Nexus have annoying ads, I am willing to pay not to see these ads and help support the developers. On a side note, the ipad/tablet version in itunes is $0.99 https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/sush...0l3Vy&ct=vb_cb

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by spiculated; 11-12-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: correct spelling
    CrackBerry Addict

Well I loved it, better than Fruit Ninja, much more options and challenging (also much better performance). By the way the game is now gone from App World, wonder why?
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by cjterminator View Post
    Well I loved it, better than Fruit Ninja, much more options and challenging (also much better performance). By the way the game is now gone from App World, wonder why?
    You're right its gone. I wonder what happened.
    LimeTrip
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

This is what union had to say about the disappearance of Sushi Chop. Thought you guys would like to know.

Sushi Chop was not 100% ready for release and will be re-released in the coming weeks!
    LimeTrip
    CrackBerry Addict

Sushi chop is now back in App World. Loving it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't think them charggin is wrong, the probably took sometime to get it working, like this guys Union, I havent seen their games running In the android player, but the native one. sometimes the problem is only over charging for a free app. don't remember well but I think GOF2 is free on ios and like 10 bucks in app world
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts

Does the Android version have ads? I don't particularly mind paying $1 for a game that's otherwise free, but $2 does seem a bit much.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osbook View Post
    I don't think them charggin is wrong, the probably took sometime to get it working, like this guys Union, I havent seen their games running In the android player, but the native one. sometimes the problem is only over charging for a free app. don't remember well but I think GOF2 is free on ios and like 10 bucks in app world
    GOF2 on iOS was briefly on sale for $1, but otherwise it costs $5, and the iOS version doesn't include the Valkyrie expansion (also $5 on iOS) that's included in the PlayBook version.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by masqueofhastur View Post
    GOF2 on iOS was briefly on sale for $1, but otherwise it costs $5, and the iOS version doesn't include the Valkyrie expansion (also $5 on iOS) that's included in the PlayBook version.
    The PlayBook version already includes the Valkryrie expansion?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts

Yes, that's why it's $10. You're getting what you'd get if you paid $5 for GoF2 HD and $5 for GoF2 Valkyrie on iOS.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2840F011

Well, seen as no real review is up yet, I'll post mine for those who are thinking of picking this one up. As mentioned, it's very much like the Fruit Ninja Slash/Slice or whatever variation you've played. Despite what's been said, I actually don't find this game as responsive or precise as the fruit version. You get used to it, but there seems to be a slight delay in when you touch the screen, and when the slice is registered. This can be a little problematic, especially where the smaller items are concerned.

Fortunately, this is one of the more forgiving games of the genre. To begin with, you can slice a fish 3 or 4 times, each slice yielding another piece that will fall onto an order of beds of rice. So rather than encouraging precise swipes, the game rewards the "swipe mash", the frantic and fast scribble swipe that can fill an order with just one fish, resulting in a cumulative price multiplier. Also, you don't lose a life if a fish is missed. The main game works with an order timer, which refreshes every time you fill an order of 4 pieces, which as mentioned, can be filled with a single fish if you can swipe mash quick enough.

The game works in rounds, with a bonus round between each. You'll accumulate coins for each order, which can be spent on power-ups, like new blades (some of which are tap instead of swipe based, like ninja stars), more potent in-game power-ups (timer freeze, more coins per fish etc.), and one time use items, like starting you at a higher round. The bonus rounds choose a single fish, and ask you to slice a certain number of them, throwing hazardous stinky fish into the mix which when accidentally sliced, end the bonus round. The goal of the bonus rounds is to achieve three stars of competence with each type of fish, increasing the value of the fish in the regular rounds, and allowing you to achieve higher scores and more money.

The second mode of play calls on you to fill specific orders. The game tends to be quicker, and the goal is simply to achieve a high score.

The graphics and sound in the game are top notch. The gameplay, while feeling slightly delayed, is what you'd want (though you may get a blister), and the unlockables and buyables are a welcome addition, giving you more to play for than mere score.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sushi Chop by Union-img_00000137.jpg   Sushi Chop by Union-img_00000153.jpg   Sushi Chop by Union-img_00000136.jpg   Sushi Chop by Union-img_00000144.jpg   Sushi Chop by Union-img_00000157.jpg  

Sushi Chop by Union-img_00000143.jpg   Sushi Chop by Union-img_00000154.jpg   Sushi Chop by Union-img_00000135.jpg   Sushi Chop by Union-img_00000173.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Rjinswand (11-29-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by masqueofhastur View Post
    Yes, that's why it's $10. You're getting what you'd get if you paid $5 for GoF2 HD and $5 for GoF2 Valkyrie on iOS.
    No, Valkyrie is not included. I remember some statement before the PlayBook release that made it seem to be the case (that's what got me to buy it) but it is not present in the PlayBook version nor can it be purchased in app. The PlayBook version has all the main game updates, though. So the last update is also in, which was giving iOS and Android users a taste of Valkyrie (like Kaamo station or mentioning auto turrets which can only actually be bought with Valkyrie - same with mines and guided missiles) around that addons release date for these platforms.
    When the PlayBook version came out the regular price of the HD iOS version was about 10$, too, but it was lowered since then.
    Here's a promo video for Valkyrie (SD):
    Infiltrate the remote Valkyrie station commanded by the unflinching weapons dealer Alice - Galaxy on Fire 2
    Last edited by Rjinswand; 11-29-2012 at 01:52 AM.