Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
Like Tree8Likes
  1. thelonealchymist's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Stylus and note taking app for the Playbook???

    Hey all I really want the Playbook even though use an android phone now all the android tablets are ****ty and have numerous issues I at one point wanted flyer because of the stylus and note taking ability because I thought it would be great for my college classes especially for math to any of you know of any stylus/app combos I can use this would be the deciding factor for me.
    Thanks all
  2. Foreverup's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,812 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    no app has been release that has even come close to any ability to take notes with any accuracy
  3. PapaPro's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I use the boxwave stylus and its soooo nice. Feels much better and keeps your screen clean. Plus its black and looks cool like a perfect match.

    Use this on any tablet and its a pure joy
  4. boldie's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #4  

    Default boldie

    There's Skit in Appworld. It works well even with finger, I dont use stylus since I didn't find it helpful, plus Skit can zoom to different parts so I can write in more detail.
  5. Hilton_K's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    235 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Old post I know but thought I would use this one instead of creating another.

    Any new note taking apps that support a stylus, looking at getting playbook for taking notes in meetings etc.
  6. Ittles's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    239 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I wish there was, I keep looking and hoping, when one comes out it will make my business use for PB complete. What I do now is take hand written notes then scan and download to PB. At least this way my file system is all in my PB.
    Today is yesterday's pupil ~ Franklin.
  7. hamza817's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    56 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Folks, anyone found a solution for this, ie to get a stylus to take notes in meetings and so on?
    thanks
  8. carlosdaroo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #8  

    Default note taking app

    i find the best app for note taking is "Notesmartly". This app enables you to take freehand as well as typed notes. But what i really like are the audio, video and pics you can add to the meeting notes all from within the app. The layout is well done and you can save meeting notes in the app (sortable) or save to pdf. It integrates with dropbox and facebook...also has a To Do list which i don't use

    Anyhow its worth it and you can install the free version which limits you to just txt, no media. I havent tried a stylus but understand that Rim is coming out with a stylus specifically for the device so i will wait.

    hope this helps (first post...)
    Thanked by 2:
    mrskycar (01-12-2014),  SuperGenius (12-09-2011) 
  9. anthogag's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,101 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    For math class you'll never beat pencil + paper

    The only app right now that you could use for math is gen.paper. You have a pencil, eraser, ruler, compass, and protractor, and you can choose your background paper type (blank, ruled, isometric, ruled, music). The only thing that's kind of awkward to use is text input but I contacted the developer and they're working on a better solution...
  10. bounce007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,452 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthogag View Post
    For math class you'll never beat pencil + paper

    The only app right now that you could use for math is gen.paper. You have a pencil, eraser, ruler, compass, and protractor, and you can choose your background paper type (blank, ruled, isometric, ruled, music). The only thing that's kind of awkward to use is text input but I contacted the developer and they're working on a better solution...
    Is "gen.paper" the correct name, I tried search for "gen.paper as well as "gen paper" but found nothing.
  11. anthogag's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,101 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    gen.paper by Gen-R-ation, that's what it is in App World
  12. ignites's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,684 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bounce007 View Post
    Is "gen.paper" the correct name, I tried search for "gen.paper as well as "gen paper" but found nothing.
    it's called gen.paper its the first item if u search for gen paper. Sadly there is no export function in this app kinda sucks.
  13. bounce007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,452 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Is this in Appworld because I am not seeing it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stylus and note taking app for the Playbook???-img_00000018.jpg  
  14. marksasongko's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    395 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    try picinote, I love the fact that it could place text anywhere on the paper. I also like its ability to draw straight boxes, lines, and circles. Also, the way it handles pictures is unlike anything else on the PB. With more improvements, this could be like onenote for the PB....
    Thanked by:
    BBAppChase (12-12-2011) 
  15. tstrike34's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    477 Posts
    #15  

    Default I would strongly suggest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ittles View Post
    I wish there was, I keep looking and hoping, when one comes out it will make my business use for PB complete. What I do now is take hand written notes then scan and download to PB. At least this way my file system is all in my PB.
    Using Evernote. It has been a business lifesaver. It can record meetings and then sync it to your Evernote cloud for usage at the Desktop. Bigtime lifesaver.

    If you use Linux, make sure to install NixNote (Evernote clone on Linux that synce with your Evernote account).
    BB Z10, 64GB Playbook (wish Thor & Co hurry up with BB10 Playbook rollout) , Govt Bold 9930 Gone now.. Congrats BBRY
    cscott44 likes this.
  16. anthogag's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,101 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ignites View Post
    it's called gen.paper its the first item if u search for gen paper. Sadly there is no export function in this app kinda sucks.

    There is a way to save the page (picture) to a file, touch the - and + buttons at the top at the same time - this is the pb's screen capture - and you'll save it to "pictures"
  17. alekza's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    330 Posts
    PIN
    GU!
    #17  

    Default

    plus, there's an app that converts pictures to a PDF if you want a different format.
    Join Dropbox for cloudStorage http://db.tt/BIGsqAq Also available as Bluebox for Playbook.

    Twitter: @alekzas
  18. anthogag's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,101 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bounce007 View Post
    Is this in Appworld because I am not seeing it.

    I typed gen.paper and it's the first one
  19. alekza's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    330 Posts
    PIN
    GU!
    #19  

    Default

    Just trying PICINOTE... good reviews on app world
    Join Dropbox for cloudStorage http://db.tt/BIGsqAq Also available as Bluebox for Playbook.

    Twitter: @alekzas
  20. seivue's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdaroo View Post
    I havent tried a stylus but understand that Rim is coming out with a stylus specifically for the device so i will wait.
    Where did you hear that? Did they announce this? If they really are, that's great! But I haven't seen any news like that before...
  21. DD1968's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,471 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alekza View Post
    Just trying PICINOTE... good reviews on app world
    Yeah looks nice, how are you finding it??
  22. Guyzer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    579 Posts
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    in android I tried using the handrite app and it works nicely. i tried some styli at future shop and never found one that worked well with this app, or with the playbook. unsure if its the touch sensitivity or the app.

    has anyone tried any android apps for note taking?
  23. carlosdaroo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #23  

    Default note taking app

    Quote Originally Posted by Seivue View Post
    Where did you hear that? Did they announce this? If they really are, that's great! But I haven't seen any news like that before...
    Hi, they actually have a case, bluetooth keyboard and stylus that will be released. they have not announced this but ive seen it due to my working relationship with them. i dont know the specifics on timing but like you i would love this in advance of OS2 in feb. i know, no pics no proof but this is true.

    thanks
  24. anthogag's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,101 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    I mentioned this in another thread...you can use a grape (the fruit) as a stylus...and then eat it when you're finished


    Typed from my pb using a red grape ..one grape was harmed in the making of this post
    Trevante likes this.
  25. bounce007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,452 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthogag View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread...you can use a grape (the fruit) as a stylus...and then eat it when you're finished


    Typed from my pb using a red grape ..one grape was harmed in the making of this post
    Is that sanitary?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions