Hey everyone,
    Is there an app/sideload that allows a playbook to stream videos off of another playbook through wifi or bluetooth?

Thanks
    09-23-12 09:51 AM
    The only app even close to that allows you to watch directly from your computer none playbook to PlayBook.
    09-23-12 05:43 PM
    09-23-12 06:19 PM
    if you're on a wireless lan playbooks can share files to pc so I'd expect something like ghost commander or ES File explorer or any other file explorer which can access windows / samba shares would work and unlike the web browser can be password protected
    09-24-12 04:29 PM
    Pretty sure ES File Explorer will do it if you're on the same network and have wifi file sharing enabled; ES should see the other playbook as a samba share...

Posted with my Playbook via Tapatalk
    09-26-12 12:03 AM
    I gave that app an honest try but it seems pretty buggy. It likes to crash.

I generated an HTML directory listing and used that as index.html. It crashed. So I attempted to access videos directly using ip address:8080\videoname. That worked only half the time, and every time I tried, it would take a long time for anything to happen. If I stopped the stream, the app would crash. This was Playbook to PC, mind you.

But yes, it does work... just not reliably. The other posters are correct.. ES File Explorer is your best bet if you're streaming Playbook to Playbook.
    09-27-12 01:05 AM
    I don't see ES file explorer in App world?
    09-27-12 08:41 PM
    I don't see ES file explorer in App world?
    I believe it must be sideloaded. But it's been so long since I installed it that I don't remember, lol.
    nnomad likes this.
    09-28-12 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD