CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Splashtop + Playbook Mini Keyboard

Hi,
    i own the official mini keyboard for the playbook and im thinking about purchasing Splashtop. But before i do that i want to ask if splashtop has full BT Mouse and Keyboard support like shown for example in the Centrix Receiver Demo Video.. ( I mean left+right click, Ctrl + C Commands and so on).
    Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

I actually just finished using Splashtop with PB and mini keyboard... Worked really well!!

Mouse moved easily around... Not sure about the commands you mentioned.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

hey could hou just tell me uf the right mouse click works and copy text with ctrl + c and pasting it with ctrl + v...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

sorry to bump this up but please, can anyone test the things mentioned?
    I dont want to spend the money if the app wont take full advantage of keyboard and mouse. (Left + Right click, scroll, keyboard commands (ctrl + c,v,x))
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    can anyone test the things mentioned? I dont want to spend the money if the app wont take full advantage of keyboard and mouse. (Left + Right click, scroll, keyboard commands (ctrl + c,v,x))
    I have RIM's bluetooth mini keyboard and Splashtop but no mouse; I use the keyboard's trackpad. In my experience, I can do the things you need with a combination of the keyboard and Splashtop's navigation features. The trackpad's one finger and two finger taps work for left and right click, and Splashtop also uses a tap on PB screen for left click and a finger press for right click. To scroll, drag 2 fingers down the trackpad or down the screen. The keyboard's Shift/Caps lock key and arrow keys will select text. The keyboard's ctrl + c,v,x commands don't seem to work, but I copy, cut, and paste using the Word, Excel, etc., copy/cut/paste commands or Splashtop's right-click dropdown menu.

I like the Splashtop app, and tech support responded quickly when I contacted them.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having a nightmare with splash top and the BT keyboard. When I first got the keyboard before splashtop I noticed that the wifi would drop every few mins. I am in the UK with BT infinity. The wifi never dropped before I got the keyboard. I have changed the settings in the router, turning off wireless 'n' and now the BT keyboard does not affect the wifi. However when using splashtop I connect to the PC in my house no problem but about 1 to 5 seconds after turning on either bluetooth on the PB or turning the BT keyboard on, the splashtop disconnects and will not reconnect until I turned off the keyboard and bluetooth, close and restart splash top. Anyone who can help please do as splashtop blame my equipment. I have tried most of the channels for wifi in the router. The strange thing is though, the BT keyboard never disconnects when browsing over wifi now, only disconnects the splashtop connection?

With the BT keyboard and bluetooth off I can watch a whole film on netflix over splashtop so it can be stable

Any ideas?

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jimmy9900; 07-13-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

The splashtop+minikeyboard combo works great in the latest version of splashtop for the playbook. Anyone knows how to type accents on top of the letters while using microsoft word on splashtop?