Anyone have experience with this yet?
    01-11-12 02:44 PM
    Yeah, it works pretty well. Easy to set up. I haven't played around with the resolution settings yet but its all there and its not skipping. Going from a widescreen desktop to the 7 inch playbook may take some resolution setting magic. The touchscreen navigation does work, but may be a bit laggy.
    01-11-12 03:03 PM
    ***Warning about this program:***

There is no option to disable the remote hosts keyboard,
    mouse, and blank the screen.

Everything you do from the remote side is visible on screen by someone
    at the host side.

Also: Splashtop doesn't automatically lock the host on disconnect.
    If you happen to lose your connection without 1st locking or shutting down
    the host computer manually, the host login session is still active and open!
    And given the host computers keyboard, mouse & screen are still unlocked -
    It's an *epic*. Security. "FAIL".

I posted a 1-STAR review (and this apps 1st!) on APP world
    and its hilarious that it was DELETED and then 6 or so 5-STAR
    reviews that sound like they where written by the same company
    shill appeared.

Where's my valid security concerned review?

***End Warning about this program.***

Other issues:

The only way to close the app is through the PB carousel. There
    are no in app menu swipe-down options whatsoever.

The app is a major battery and CPU hog. Your device *will* heat up.
    apg300, jslawell, jafobabe and 3 others like this.
    01-11-12 03:04 PM
    downloaded it earlier .. seems welll worth the 5$ .. easy to set up .. ran a few desktop apps with no issues .. didn't notice any lag to speak of .. 21" inch screen all shows up and almost completely readable on PB ..
    01-11-12 03:06 PM

at the host side.

shill appeared.

Other issues:

All of these points are very valid and something I would expect in the most basic of remote desktop applications.
    apg300 likes this.
    01-11-12 03:11 PM

at the host side.

shill appeared.

Other issues:

Thanks for posting. I was about to purchase the app when I wondered about possible security risks. I sure am glad to be here on Crackberry. If not for Crackberry and all the gurus here, I probably would've made a number of regrettable uninformed decisions...not to mention throwing away money on apps I would eventually uninstall/not use at all.
    braindigger, Lyls and profspeedo like this.
    01-11-12 03:24 PM
    Works great for me. Not worried about security as its my home computer and server that I am connecting to, and if there was someone there to start hijacking my KBaM, then I would have a much bigger issue to deal with.

I had the program running and have been using it for the last 5 hours straight. It has yet to hang up, its been smooth, and quite useable. Better experience so far that the same app on my touchpad.

Used about 35% battery in that time frame, so not horrible. My PB is NOT any hotter than doing basic web browsing with the device charging, or playing NFS or similar games.

Overall for 5 bucks (assuming the security issues dont alarm you) its the best value going on the PB for my needs.
    01-11-12 03:37 PM
    Thanks for posting. I was about to purchase the app when I wondered about possible security risks. I sure am glad to be here on Crackberry. If not for Crackberry and all the gurus here, I probably would've made a number of regrettable uninformed decisions...not to mention throwing away money on apps I would eventually uninstall/not use at all.
    The program looks like a cheap money grab - the company it's from is primarily Chinese. Nothing wrong with the Chinese per say, but their software products seem shady in light of the security issues mentioned above.
    apg300 likes this.
    01-11-12 03:42 PM
    Am I the only one having problems with sound from any kind of data (web stream, mp3 and video)? For the rest it works great.
    01-11-12 03:42 PM
    I was hoping something like this would come out, Splash Top works great on my Android phone, now I can use it with my Playbook!.
    01-11-12 03:44 PM
    Works well for my uses (e.g., documents, pictures, music). It lags slightly with video but haven't had any trouble with the touch navigation.
    01-11-12 03:47 PM
    Interesting. So it runs smoothly or terribly depending on which post you read. I wonder if there are some settings that you guys have configured differently to make the experience so radically different.

Thanks for the input. I am positive I am not the only one benefiting from your reviews so keep them coming
    01-11-12 03:49 PM
    Interesting. So it runs smoothly or terribly depending on which post you read. I wonder if there are some settings that you guys have configured differently to make the experience so radically different.

Thanks for the input. I am positive I am not the only one benefiting from your reviews so keep them coming
    I'm sure it may have something to do with your internet connection on both ends. I have only been able to test it out over the same network and haven't changed any settings that didn't come default. Performance may deteriorate once you put a few miles between the devices.
    01-11-12 03:57 PM
    I use remote access to my PC for brief sessions, basically to check up on a few things for 2-5 minutes at a time and for that it works well. I bought it within a minute of reading this and now I have it on my PB and my Android
    Security isn't an issue though, this is for my home PC. And if I want to quit it for the day, I'll exit the PC side of it. I haven't had any issues so far with functionality or speed, been tinkering with it for about an hour to test it out. If security is your big concern the warning a few posts up may hold true for you, but for personal use I think it does the trick quite well and worked just as well for me as other similar programs like Logmein and Teamviewer. Now if only my motherboard supported wake on lan...
    01-11-12 04:08 PM
    Just tried it -

Meh - works OK. Touch accuracy isn't great and it doesn't work well with my dual monitor setup.

App could have done with a free trial, then I would have learned about the "issues" first.
    belfoursdayz likes this.
    01-11-12 04:13 PM
    Tried it out and while it was an easy setup it was very slow for me. Ran a video and the screen was just black but the audio was fine. Took a long time to open a web browser.

Note that i am using a netbook on the PC side so this could have a lot to do with the performance.

With my setup it was painful to use but I can still see times when it will come very handy so I am not too disappointed.
    01-11-12 05:05 PM
    Tried it out and while it was an easy setup it was very slow for me. Ran a video and the screen was just black but the audio was fine. Took a long time to open a web browser.

Note that i am using a netbook on the PC side so this could have a lot to do with the performance.

With my setup it was painful to use but I can still see times when it will come very handy so I am not too disappointed.
    I guess it really doesn't surprise me on a netbook. Most of those are running Atom processors and very minimalistic video cards.
    Streaming is quite intensive. Hopefully good use for desktop apps and such though.
    Thanks for the real world info.
    01-11-12 05:16 PM
    I guess it really doesn't surprise me on a netbook. Most of those are running Atom processors and very minimalistic video cards.
    Streaming is quite intensive. Hopefully good use for desktop apps and such though.
    Thanks for the real world info.
    Just set it up on the desktop downstairs and it is dramatically better. Tried Netflix as well and worked great - a couple of video stutters but very watchable.

Again though, when I try to run a video with VLC there is sound but no video.

Happier with the purchase now.
    01-11-12 05:49 PM
    The program looks like a cheap money grab - the company it's from is primarily Chinese. Nothing wrong with the Chinese per say, but their software products seem shady in light of the security issues mentioned above.
    Unless the Chinese have invaded California, Splashtop is NOT owned by the Chinese primarily or otherwise. It is a privately held American company based in San Jose. Last I checked one of their major investors is HP which also does not exactly count as Chinese. How about a bit of accuracy instead of misleading people with patently false statements?
    01-11-12 06:19 PM
    Has anyone managed to have this work on the os 2 beta? i can find my pc but when i go to connect i get the connecting to your computer with the loading symbol and thats as far as it gets. If i press cancel nothing happens i have to close and restart the program.
    01-11-12 06:19 PM
    Okay, home now. I am going to purchase and test. I am so looking forward to testing and reporting back. I learn so much from this site and I am so looking forward to contributing
    01-11-12 06:32 PM
    Got this working now, re installed on the pb and it worked. Tried watching a video and it was watchable but laggy, this was using connectify me on my laptop to make it into a wireless router so might be the reason it was slow. Very pleased for �5.00 though
    01-11-12 06:40 PM
    Anyone try this with a slingbox outside thier LAN? Smooth video/audio?
    01-11-12 07:33 PM
    Oh and another question. Has anybody have this installed on PB os 2?
    01-11-12 07:44 PM
    If anyone has used RDM+ how does this compare? It seems this has a greater ability to interact with files present on the computer you are connected to.
    01-11-12 08:40 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD