There are a lot of apps that don't work via bridge. Bridge is an unique feature and developers should know that. They should start making their apps able to connect to the internet via bridge. Not everyone has a phoje that can make a hotspot/have a tethering plan...
    For example I tried to run splashtop via bridge and it failed...
    KOOLWATER and bluetroll like this.
    03-21-12 04:24 AM
    I agree! Bridge is awesome but could be even better and using Splashtop and other apps while bridged, would make my PlayBook TRULY "portable and powerful" :-)
    03-21-12 11:26 AM
    i agree with this.
    03-21-12 11:41 AM
    In their support forum Victor from Splashtop posted the following 2 days ago:
    Hi All, Thanks for the encouragement and support! We are looking into this further now and are making progress into understanding the requirements.
    If you want to see bridge support, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a comment of encouragement.
    Does the Splashtop remote desktop work on the blackberry bridge internet connection when i dont have WIFI available for my tablet? : Splashtop Remote - Support
    03-31-12 08:33 AM
    Apps sure but first, AppWorld should work via the bridge!
    03-31-12 08:40 AM
    I've been on to the splashtop forum to complain about it not working with bridge, to find there are a bunch of people complaining already. It appears the splash top people have listened and are looking in to getting it working with bridge. So score one for us! Let's hope the can manage it. It's worth looking at the forum posts there, quite funny as we basically had to explain to them what bridge was! Still they appear to be working on it.
    03-31-12 11:49 AM
    Preaching to the choir. Slacker has lost me as a customer because it doesn't work via the bridge. Zinio - not buying another thing until it works via the bridge. Nobex radio seemed to get the message, now i'm back as a customer, and the fact that you can't access Appworld is plain mystifying. I've sent emails to developers and they never seem to understand, but I'm assuming eventually this will sort itself out - it can't be that big a change to the apps.

oh yeah - Forgot Splashtop. It seems pointless to have remote access to my home computer only if I am at home. RD+ works over the bridge but uses screenview(?) for display and hence wrecks any Windows aero desktop, and it is slow.
    Last edited by myklgrant; 03-31-12 at 12:50 PM.
    03-31-12 12:47 PM
    The bridge connection is way to slow......why would you want to run apps through it?

You're much better off connecting through mobile hotspot to run apps......much faster!

I recall reading the speed tests a few months back and bridge is pretty slow....
    03-31-12 05:30 PM
    The bridge connection is way to slow......why would you want to run apps through it?

You're much better off connecting through mobile hotspot to run apps......much faster!

I recall reading the speed tests a few months back and bridge is pretty slow....
    hotspot drains phone battery very fast. The speed via bridge is not great but useable depends on your needs.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-12 05:49 PM

I have Verizon, and cannot tether or hotspot without paying an extra $25-$35 a month. Contrary to previous comments regarding bridge speeds, mine is awesome!! And that's with 3G, I can't wait for my phone upgrade date to see what it's like with 4G.

Getting Splashtop to work with the BB Bridge would push them to a 5+ star rating!!
    04-21-12 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD