Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BKillar
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Speech to Text with Playbook and BB Phone w/ Vlingo

One of the free app BB handed out after the BB outage earlier this year (or last) was Vlingo for the BB smart phone. It is a pretty good speech to text app that I have become accustomed to using for a few tasks such as text while driving. One feature on Vlingo that I find useful within apps is to use the text paste feature. With this feature, you open your app and when your cursor is in a text box within the app - you simply hold down the side button on your phone and speak, the text is populated in a text box and when you are done, the text is pasted in the text box in the app you have open.
    So to couple this up with my playbook I open Conqu in playbook, use the bridge remote on the phone to tranfer keyboard input on to my Todo list in Conqu. So while I am driving to work I pick up my phone, hit the side bar to open Vlingo text box, speak my to do item and it is pasted in Conqu. I tap return on my phone and continue with another list item.
    I have also used this to dictate a message in emails or word documents using word to go. Simply open a new doc in word to go, and use Vlingo and bridge remote to mange the speech to text. I think this was mentioned in another thread but I could not find it so I thought I would revive this idea for those looking for a speech to text solution for PB
    Thanked by:
    Techno-Emigre (12-22-2012) 
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Thanks - Downloading it now!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Where have I been? I have to try this. Thanks!