[ISSUE]
    Since the playbook software update that was pushed out about 2 days ago, many users have been reporting issues logging in. More spacifically users click the 'connect' button and a white screen appears with an orange taskbar and a endlessly rotating spinner on the bottom lefthand corner. I have yet to figure out exactly what is causing the issue, however I am working to resolve it and find what part of the update is causing the problem. I will post an update here when the issue has been resolved, but until then I am sorry for the inconvenience. Those of you who were already able to login prior to the update should be fine as long as you don't log out. Thanks.
    [/ISSUE]

[FINAL]
    SoundNine is now available for download in App World. It is currently a beta but features and improvements will steadily be added. I encourage everyone who tries the application to give me feedback, ie what you like, don't like, changes you would like to see happen, etc. You can either pm me here on crackberry or email me at [email protected]. All criticism is welcome.
    [/FINAL]

[EDIT #3]
    The Soundcloud app for Playbook is well underway. I will be posting frequent updates on this thread, including screenshots. You can also follow me on twitter @flaminSaganaki for news on development. I am set to release this app before June 20th.

Features will include:
    - Browse and play tracks
    - Upload your own recordings
    - Search music
    - Browse your user profile
    - *Open to any other suggestions!

I now know people are interested!

Thanks,
    Theo Mavrakis
    Domisy DeV

**[UPDATE #4]**
    So, yesterday I got an email back from appworld about my recent submission. It had been rejected because of the name, "Sound in Motion". I then went through the tedious process of changing the name in all the splashscreen images and descriptor files, and resubmitted it for approval, this time called "SoundNine". Sound Nine is supposedly an idiom for happiness and pleasure, and I wasnt being too creative so yeah. Should be available in app world within the next few days. Sorry for the delay..

[UPDATE #3]
    The name of the app will be named 'Sound in Motion.' I plan on pushing out a release request to app world tonight, and only time will tell when it will be made available by them for download. It is currently carrying a 'Beta' status, as I had limited time to finish it before having to leave town tomorrow. I plan on ripping the beta tag off of it as soon as I can. Some features will be missing until then, such as recording and uploading sounds from the device, as well as commenting. It will be free, at least for the time being.

[UPDATE #2]
    As promised, here are some screenshots. A navigation bar is brought down from the top when a user swipes down on the bezel. I took much of my inspiration for the UI from the playbook's native music player, meaning that you browse tracks with the currently playing track always at the bottom. Lemme know what you guys think, I am open to any suggestions. All screenshots are attached at the bottom of the post.

Download Reddit in Motion from App World Free
    Free Reddit in Motion - Download Reddit in Motion - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by paratheo; 08-04-12 at 08:42 AM.
    nazreil25, fbloise, SPNKr and 4 others like this.
    04-17-12 12:06 PM
    O god yes! Fantastic idea! I just love soundcloud! Seriously make this happen!
    04-17-12 12:42 PM
    sure! i love it.
    04-17-12 01:35 PM
    Sure would. Just got off it.
    04-17-12 02:46 PM
    Make me a +1
    04-17-12 02:50 PM
    absolutely
    04-17-12 02:52 PM
    Most definitely!
    04-17-12 03:10 PM
    Reddit in motion is amazing! Wish someone would package something like that for Tumblr the android app is crappy :/
    04-17-12 03:11 PM
    Reddit in motion is amazing! Wish someone would package something like that for Tumblr the android app is crappy :/

Im glad you mentioned that. im not a tumblr user myself, but that sounds like a fun project. Perhaps ill do that after this soundcloud app

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CB Forums App
    04-17-12 05:18 PM
    Im glad you mentioned that. im not a tumblr user myself, but that sounds like a fun project. Perhaps ill do that after this soundcloud app

Definitely keep us posted then! Tumblr deserves some PB love, I know I wouldnt be the only one to benefit from it. As it stands if you search Tumblr within APP world you get 'No Results Found'

If you ever develop something, you'll have to send me your PayPal info. The APP World has NOTHING to access tumblr your app would be a welcomed first!

Good luck with Soundcloud and future projects! Devs like you make the Playbook ecosystem worth sticking with!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    flaminSaganaki likes this.
    04-18-12 09:22 AM
    SICK!! Yes please =). I'd so use it because I have been using the sideloaded Soundcloud Android app.
    04-18-12 04:42 PM
    I would like a SoundCloud app for the PlayBook. To be honest, I would have prefered an official app but seeing how they don't seem interested... I've been bugging them to submit their Android app to App World and they haven't done that either.
    04-18-12 09:25 PM
    I've been using the android port but would love a native app. Please allow us to login/share/favourite/comment on tracks and pretty much do w/e the main app lets us.

if not a soundcloud app grooveshark 100%
    04-18-12 11:43 PM
    I've been using the android port but would love a native app. Please allow us to login/share/favourite/comment on tracks and pretty much do w/e the main app lets us.

if not a soundcloud app grooveshark 100%

Yes! Grooveshark because Spotify doesn't seem to want to support a browser based web app...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-19-12 10:35 AM
    Any update on the soundcloud app you are developing? I was thinking of using their api to hack something quickly.

Good think I found this thread.
    05-25-12 05:14 PM
    Any update on the soundcloud app you are developing? I was thinking of using their api to hack something quickly.

Good think I found this thread.
    I'm glad you asked. It is well underway, and close to being finished. Been working hard on it everyday, but its been taking a bit of time to implement all the features. I'll post a screenshot by the end of next week.
    06-03-12 08:07 PM
    Hey, so after releasing version 2.0 of our app Reddit in Motion, i'm looking for a new project to work on. Today an idea sparked about a Soundcloud app for the Playbook.

Features would include:
    - Browse and play tracks
    - Upload your own recordings
    - Search music
    - Browse your user profile
    - *Open to any other suggestions!

Before getting to work i wanted to see first if anybody here would be interested.

Thanks,
    Theo Mavrakis
    Domisy DeV

*[UPDATE]*
    I just wanted to make you all aware that work on the app IS underway! So far mostly the backends of it have been worked on, but i will post some screenshots here as soon the UI is all finished and functional. At that point i look forward to some feedback so that anything you guys want changed/adjusted etc can be done before release. This app is for YOU guys, so i plan to prepare as ordered.

Download Reddit in Motion from App World Free
    Free Reddit in Motion - Download Reddit in Motion - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CB Forums App
    Yes, I look forward and interested in the app
    06-03-12 09:36 PM
    Any further development on this?
    Can't wait for it to come out!!
    06-08-12 10:35 PM
    Any further development on this?
    Can't wait for it to come out!!

I just posted an update on it yesterday... put up some screenshots..

So yeah. Development is very well underway. For updates just check this thread.. I will have updated the original post.
    06-08-12 11:24 PM
    Can't wait for this to go live!
    06-13-12 02:56 AM
    Go Soundcloud!
    This will be most welcome!
    06-13-12 03:34 PM
    looks great, can't wait and keep up the good work!
    06-13-12 05:21 PM
    Wont connect for me?? Help!
    08-04-12 02:45 AM
    @bldshd - turn off your wifi, then click connect in the app. After it times out, turn your wifi back on, hit refresh and you should be good to go.
    08-05-12 01:24 PM
    I tried looking for this app "Soundnine" in app world with no luck. Did the name change?
    08-05-12 03:45 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD