I was wondering if there is an app similar to the android Songbook (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...songbook&hl=en) for Playbook. I cannot seem to find anything similar. If not, would anyone have a .bar for this app?
    05-17-12 10:13 AM
    bump up please.
    05-18-12 06:39 AM
    Okay, after a lot of searching, I found some free android apps that are similar. Where is the best place on crackberry forum to put them for possible conversion?
    05-18-12 01:27 PM
    Im sure you can get help to convert Apk to bar here http://forums.crackberry.com/android...eloading-f258/
    05-18-12 06:40 PM
    Thanks you very much.
    05-18-12 06:53 PM
    Have you had any updates on SongBook for PlayBook yet? I too want this application. I just bought Guitar Pro for the PlayBook and it's awesome. It's an Android port over. It's slow to launch but once launched it works well. It's a pretty realistic midi type player (with real instrument sounds) that plays tabs and scores. You can loop sections and slow them down to practice - super helpful. You can write your own scores and use ones you find off the net. There are no lyrics available though so that's why I want SongBook for the PlayBook.

Now Chordpro seems to be the standard for songs. I have found an app called Hymnsongbook from HymnSongBook and though it comes prepackaged with gospel music, you can delete all that from a Windows Explorer file management view. You can delete their folders too and create your own. Anyhow, it's a free app and once you dump any Chordpro formatted song in there it will work. The search field works too. It's something to look into anyhow.

I also have an HP TouchPad which I never use but am thinking about dumping Android on it. Don't know enough about that process to know if SongBook would work on it or not. Most likely it would. I am hoping that SongBook ( LinkeSOFT SongBook Guitar Songs and Chords ) would work on the PlayBook but if not, I might have to spend a day figuring out Android on the TouchPad and bite the bullet and buy the app.

Update: I sent the author of SongBook an email asking about if they've tested the Android App on the PlayBook since the 2.1 OS update. I will post their reply if/when they respond. I also said if they do not have a PlayBook to test with, that I'd be willing to test for them and provide feedback.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 10-05-12 at 06:02 PM.
    10-05-12 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD