*NEW EDIT* We have a fully functioning website now @

http://www.bbxteam.com

So go there and msg one of the team on here if you want to help out (technomensch or KermEd are your best bets atm)

*EDIT* Looks like someone made one and we've all started adding to it :

APP List (Spreadsheet format) : https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...heets&hl=en_US

APP Form Submission : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...V1Z0E6MQ#gid=0

Use the first link to browse through the spreadsheet and the second link to submit an app that you have converted/tested. We will clean up the rest if there are duplicates, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD

This forum is getting confusing with all the posts left right and center with people putting apps 20 pages in etc.

Can someone setup a simple website or even sub-domained website with a simple table with download links that is updated daily.

Even CB could do pbapps.crackberry.com or something.

Just an idea as it'd be a lot more concise.

Anyone wanna step up to the plate ?
    Last edited by DangerMouseUK; 10-29-11 at 11:10 PM.
    phonegeek#AC likes this.
    10-20-11 11:09 AM
    I nominate you.
    10-20-11 11:34 AM
    I'll give someone the server space and tools to do it, but I've got too much going on to actively commit to creating and maintaining such a list.

If someone wants to tell me what they need spec wise I'll throw up a cloud instance on Amazon for them. Could have the server spooled up within an hour.

Let me know.
    10-20-11 11:37 AM
    I have the tools and the server space. Time is money and to create this and to make it look good and keep it up to date takes money. I can do it but whose paying me
    10-20-11 01:28 PM
    I have the tools and the server space. Time is money and to create this and to make it look good and keep it up to date takes money. I can do it but whose paying me
    Here ya go -

simple, easy, and anyone can fill it out / or if someone wants to take charge of listing the apps we can set it up that way.
    https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...heets&hl=en_US
    Last edited by daspop; 10-20-11 at 04:48 PM.
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-20-11 04:40 PM
    Thats definitely in the right direction

another field with the current state of it working or not would be good !
    10-20-11 04:52 PM
    is it new that google docs works on pb???
    10-20-11 05:13 PM
    Adding to your list as I go :P
    10-20-11 08:48 PM
    Someone should sticky that spreadsheet and merge the two current very similar threads together to clean this all up a bit and make it less of a head-****
    10-20-11 09:02 PM
    Agreed.

Right now I'm updating the #%$#! out of that list. Because all of the threads look out of date to me and don't show all the failed attempts

List is coming along really nicely though!

I'm also creatin some backups in case people delete stuff out of it again (someone was deleting entries earlier)
    10-20-11 09:52 PM
    Yeah I noticed that too,

Maybe make it read only with a password to edit it and only give the password to reasonably sensible people.
    10-20-11 10:34 PM
    Ok, finished the backlog on the post with confirmed/failed apps. Now to move on to the bigger 30 page one :P

But this is a heck of a nice list. Lot of gems that slipped through the cracks! Good idea with this guys I'll attach the backup from what I've done so far. Its in excel format.
    rsxsniper likes this.
    10-20-11 10:44 PM
    Ok, I've caught up the links from all the other threads. I think we are the only ones with a complete list now
    10-20-11 11:12 PM
    Wow! I come back a few hours later and the list is awesome!

If a few of you want to be in charge of editing this/ keeping it current, I'll turn off the public editing.
    It looks as if with google docs I'll need the e-mail addresses of anyone who wants to be an editor, if we opt to turn off public editing. So PM me your e-mails and I'll turn off public editing if this sounds like something you'd be interested in.
    Last edited by daspop; 10-21-11 at 03:38 AM.
    KermEd likes this.
    10-21-11 03:27 AM
    I think that'd be the way to go as I watched someone delete a lot the other night whilst I stood there helplessly.

There's always one bad apple (*****) who ruins it for everyone.
    10-21-11 09:37 AM
    I think that'd be the way to go as I watched someone delete a lot the other night whilst I stood there helplessly.

There's always one bad apple (*****) who ruins it for everyone.
    add you!

anyone else who wants to edit, PM me your emails. List is locked from public editing as of now.
    10-21-11 10:46 AM
    add you!

anyone else who wants to edit, PM me your emails. List is locked from public editing as of now.
    Sent - thanks mate. I have some new contributions
    10-21-11 12:32 PM
    <added already to both lists>
    Last edited by KermEd; 10-21-11 at 03:20 PM.
    10-21-11 12:39 PM
    <added already ot both lists>
    Last edited by KermEd; 10-21-11 at 03:20 PM.
    10-21-11 12:42 PM
    <updated on both lists>
    Last edited by KermEd; 10-21-11 at 03:27 PM.
    10-21-11 12:43 PM
    <updated on both>
    Last edited by KermEd; 10-21-11 at 03:26 PM.
    10-21-11 12:48 PM
    <updated on both>
    Last edited by KermEd; 10-21-11 at 03:26 PM.
    10-21-11 12:51 PM
    Not sure if you noticed, but leaving the Google Doc open for anyone to edit made the situation a little worse for wear. It became complete anarchy and inaccurate. There were update conflicts all over the place.

Locking it down was a good idea, but then we still have to maintain it (which was taking up waaaay too much of my time).

I realized this might be a good compromise instead.....

I have taken things a step further by generating this Google form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...V1Z0E6MQ#gid=0

That form will automatically populate this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

No more human interaction necessary.
    No worries about corrupted data.
    No more lost or hunting for files/links.

Everyone can do their own thing without worrying about screwing everyone else up.

If they want to sort it themselves, they can copy into excel and sort their own copy.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to reimport the applications, but I left it on the forum so hopefully someone will be willing to pick up the pieces.

Like the rest of you, I kinda got frustrated searching for apps when I wasn't being bombarded by PMs

What do you folks think?
    Last edited by technomensch; 10-21-11 at 02:02 PM.
    KermEd and sdickie like this.
    10-21-11 01:49 PM
    Not sure if you noticed, but leaving the Google Doc open for anyone to edit made the situation a little worse for wear. It became complete anarchy and inaccurate. There were update conflicts all over the place.

Locking it down was a good idea, but then we still have to maintain it (which was taking up waaaay too much of my time).

I realized this might be a good compromise instead.....

I have taken things a step further by generating this Google form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...V1Z0E6MQ#gid=0

That form will automatically populate this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

No more human interaction necessary.
    No worries about corrupted data.
    No more lost or hunting for files/links.

Everyone can do their own thing without worrying about screwing everyone else up.

If they want to sort it themselves, they can copy into excel and sort their own copy.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to reimport the applications, but I left it on the forum so hopefully someone will be willing to pick up the pieces.

Like the rest of you, I kinda got frustrated searching for apps when I wasn't being bombarded by PMs

What do you folks think?
    I kept backups, so I can restore the damage they did. But I think your right. I can submit the list through your tool - it won't take much time to push it through.

Question though - How does it handle revisits. So like, if we find out an app really doesnt work or that an app really does work, or making changes - how can we make changes to the existing spreadhseet? Re-upload maybe? Or we another page that someone can submit feedback saying that an untested app worked for them? I like the idea, this is a bit better for public consumption.

Edit: Just for clarity. The two use cases of 'needing to update an existing entry' and 'user wants to submit their experience testing untested apps'
    10-21-11 02:04 PM
    I added all the ~20 new items above to your link. I haven't added hte 84 items in the old list yet.
    10-21-11 02:21 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD