I see a few people are having this issue. I can't open messages or BBM after updating my Torch to both the new Bridge version and the new PB update. Anyone able to fix that without a complete PB wipe. OR please describe the PB wipe procedure.
    07-19-11 09:01 AM
    Which update are you referring to? The bridge or OS? I had issues simply connecting after doing the bridge update since my OS update notification didn't show up. Then when it showed up and installed, all was well again.
    07-19-11 09:08 AM
    Yeah. I have a 9700 (TMO). I updated the Bridge this AM and then the Playbook to 1.0.7.2650 and now none of the Bridge Apps will open

I see a few people are having this issue. I can't open messages or BBM after updating my Torch to both the new Bridge version and the new PB update. Anyone able to fix that without a complete PB wipe. OR please describe the PB wipe procedure.
    07-19-11 09:14 AM
    I have a Torch 9800. I updated both the bridge and the playbook to latest versions this morning as well. After the update, I can no longer access the bridge applications (black Blackberry logo screen). I unpaired the devices and then paired them againg. It still did not resolve the issue. I unistalled the Bridge software from the Torch 9800, reinstalled and paired devices. Still no success. Anyone have any other suggestions?
    07-19-11 09:23 AM
    So should I hold off on doing the update to my playbook? My torch has the new bridge software and things work fine. I was about to update the OS on the PB when I saw this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 09:31 AM
    HELP....after update no blackberry bridge, no bridge icons. Is anyone else having this issue
    07-19-11 09:35 AM
    So should I hold off on doing the update to my playbook? My torch has the new bridge software and things work fine. I was about to update the OS on the PB when I saw this thread.

I would definetly hold off. I have the issue...very hard to live with.
    07-19-11 09:49 AM
    I am wiping the PB and starting with new OS. Benefit is I hope I can open pics on the BB from Bridge. I also deleted the Bridge app from my Torch and reinstalled. Note that the PB was not recognized by DM so I could not do a current backup and will have to use my last one. I will report back.
    07-19-11 09:53 AM
    I updated my bridge last night, and the PB this morning. Everything is working as expected. (so far)
    07-19-11 10:02 AM
    I would update both bridge and PB. So far no issues to report.
    07-19-11 10:05 AM
    bridge shall work well with newer handsets, don't know for sure but i guess memory limitations will limit the speed and accessibility of the bridge. restarts every few days may help, as with cleaning up cache etc.
    we'll see what happened in the next few days of real world use.
    07-19-11 10:09 AM
    Updated bridge on 9650 and also downloaded the new Playbook OS update and bridge is not working properly. I can access bridge files and bridge browser but the email, contacts, calendar are not working.
    07-19-11 10:14 AM
    I updated both (bridge first then playbook), all bridge apps open fine. Didn't even have to reconstruct the bridge profile this time.

The one gotcha I had was that I needed to turn off the bridge when updating the Playbook OS, otherwise it would crap-out/crash in the middle requiring a button-hold reboot of the Playbook.
    07-19-11 10:22 AM
    Wiping the PB and deleting Bridge on the BB and reinstalling fixed the problem.
    Last edited by Stinsonddog; 07-19-11 at 10:33 AM.
    07-19-11 10:22 AM
    Try rebooting both devices and see if that helps. If not, try deleting your bridge pair and re-creating it. ( Also double check the version of bridge and make sure it's 1.0.4.9 )

Going to test mine out now...
    07-19-11 10:24 AM
    Everything is back in working order after deleting blackberry bridge and reinstalling. Had to reinstate on the Playbook as well and now all is well
    07-19-11 10:25 AM
    Try rebooting both devices and see if that helps. If not, try deleting your bridge pair and re-creating it. ( Also double check the version of bridge and make sure it's 1.0.4.9 )

Going to test mine out now...
    Tried all that and still not working. This needs to get fixed soon. Anyone that has the problem that has gotten it to work somehow? Is there any consistent characteristic (BES/BIS, BB model etc.) that seems to indicate a cause?
    07-19-11 10:29 AM
    all this update and re-bridging issues should be similar with what we had with past updates. usual chicken dance of unistalling bridge, deleting pairs, adding up, re install etc. won't be the same for every people, a bit of luck and anger management required.
    07-19-11 10:36 AM
    Ok, it wouldn't work for me at first. But after rebooting both devices it works fine.

That sucks, hopefully you can get it working Dan. Maybe Try what Spencer did. :S
    07-19-11 10:54 AM
    Arrgg! I'm using a Tour 9630 on BES through Sprint and I've got the same issue. I've rebooted and re-configured both devices, but no luck. Now I'm going to uninstall and then re-install Bridge to see if that does it.

VERY ANNOYING! >(

It's bad enough that the update still does not include many of the big fixes people are waiting for (autocorrect, etc.), let alone major new features (Android Player, Native PIM, etc.). This is just insult to injury.
    07-19-11 10:58 AM
    Bridge browsing is slow again.
    07-19-11 11:01 AM
    Wow RIM still can't put out an update that doesn't break something else that was working, even with QNX.

I'm losing faith in them very fast. Does this happen with iOS, android, win7 phones?
    07-19-11 11:10 AM
    Wow RIM still can't put out an update that doesn't break something else that was working, even with QNX.

I'm losing faith in them very fast. Does this happen with iOS, android, win7 phones?
    I'm pretty sure all operating systems have some small quirks. Unfortunately, it's like RIM leaves in major quirks. As to your question, I can only attest to iOS and android. Android updates are sometimes hit and miss. iOS, is generally hit, but when there is a miss, it is quickly recitfied. Of the three operating systems I'm familiar, the least painful updates are done to iOS. I have a happy iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS.

07-19-11 11:17 AM
    Ok, it wouldn't work for me at first. But after rebooting both devices it works fine.

That sucks, hopefully you can get it working Dan. Maybe Try what Spencer did. :S
    Tried rebooting several times. Uninstalled Bridge, removed pairing ...reinstalled, re-paired; still no go. Interesting thing is, the notifications come through. I can see the subject of the latest emails, but if I try to open the messages app it bombs out.
    07-19-11 11:17 AM
    I was finally able to it working by doing a security wipe on the playbook.
    07-19-11 11:33 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD