so Rim said last week that the twitter app would be out sometime last week and i cant see to find it? Whats going on rim facebook is out now lets get twitter and yes i know tweedless is out but i find it so slow and the scrolling is just bad so rim wheres my twitter app?
    05-10-11 01:00 PM
    By the way Tweedless isn't out there for a lot of us. It was at one point, but is not there now. Even a search on App World online comes up with nothing.

Another example of a future RIM app where RIM won't post a "competitor"?
    05-10-11 01:16 PM
    Another example of a future RIM app where RIM won't post a "competitor"?
    or an example of the crackdown on API useage by twitter maybe
    05-10-11 01:32 PM
    or an example of the crackdown on API useage by twitter maybe
    Yes, that's also possible.

There do seem to be a lot of "unofficial" twitter apps (Seesmic, Twit Pro, Uber Social...) on other platforms though (BB, iOS, Android, Win...) without a "crackdown". Odd that they've started cracking down on the PlayBook.
    05-10-11 02:02 PM
    this is the response I got on twitter from a tweedless developer. He has been very responsive on twitter to ideas of improving the app.

"tweedless was pulled from the store voluntarily to allow us to fix some issues that surfaced when we finally had the device"

"needless to day, an update was submitted today and hopefully will be live in a week or so - it's in RIM's hands now "
    05-10-11 02:09 PM
    so Rim said last week that the twitter app would be out sometime last week and i cant see to find it? Whats going on rim facebook is out now lets get twitter and yes i know tweedless is out but i find it so slow and the scrolling is just bad so rim wheres my twitter app?
    They were referring to the Twitter 2.0 which is for smartphones and not the Playbook. It's already available in the beta zone here: blackberry.com/beta if you want to try it.
    05-10-11 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD