I thought that it was just a beta thing but I am still missing the Slideshow To Go app on my Playbook after upgrading to OS 2.0.

Has anybody else noticed this? Is there a reason?
    02-21-12 09:59 AM
    I've noticed that it's not there too, but if you open a ppt from file manager, then the document opens fine in sideshow to go, so I'm not sure what's going on there!
    02-21-12 10:19 AM
    I've noticed that it's not there too, but if you open a ppt from file manager, then the document opens fine in sideshow to go, so I'm not sure what's going on there!
    That's good to know. How does one go about creating a slideshow from scratch now?

Perhaps this is a bug.
    02-21-12 10:22 AM
    I thought I was missing something there. Other than that, the rest of the docs app works great!
    02-21-12 10:23 AM
    That's good to know. How does one go about creating a slideshow from scratch now?

Perhaps this is a bug.
    I dont think you could ever create a powerpoint/slide show from scratch on the PlayBook. You could just view them, and rearrange the order of the slides. Now you can also edit the text in ppt slides.
    02-21-12 10:28 AM
    While you can edit text on slides in an existing ppt file you can't delete or add slides. This is a serious limitation that needs immediate attention.
    Soccerjamin11 likes this.
    02-23-12 09:40 PM
    While you can edit text on slides in an existing ppt file you can't delete or add slides. This is a serious limitation that needs immediate attention.
    I agree. I sideloaded the android OfficeSuite which does allow you to add slides but little else in the way of inserting pictures or what not. I was hoping I could combine the two - add slides with OfficeSuite and edit with Docs2Go but unfortunately any file I save with OfficeSuite no longer opens on Docs2Go.
    02-24-12 02:43 PM
    I agree. I sideloaded the android OfficeSuite which does allow you to add slides but little else in the way of inserting pictures or what not. I was hoping I could combine the two - add slides with OfficeSuite and edit with Docs2Go but unfortunately any file I save with OfficeSuite no longer opens on Docs2Go.
    Good information. I sideloaded OfficeSuite as well but did not give it a shakedown.

I don't anticipate doing much productivity work on my Playbook but these things are good to know just in case the need arises.
    02-24-12 02:59 PM
    I was wondering the same thing about Slides To Go and looked into it a little bit more. I went to the BlackBerry Playbook Docs site and this is what they have...

<Getting Started - To create a new document, tap (the Word icon). To create a new spreadsheet, tap (the Excel icon).

<Using your BlackBerry PlayBook and Word To Go, you can edit, update, and save your documents in one convenient location.>

<Using your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and Sheet To Go, you can view, create, and edit spreadsheets.>

<Using your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and Slideshow To Go, you can view, edit, and play slideshows.>

So it appears that you can NOT create a new Slideshow To Go but you CAN edit it. I'm not 100% what you can edit but as mentioned before, it will play a ppt file.
    02-24-12 10:23 PM
    The Docs to go that is included in OS2 can open, view, and edit PowerPoint files. Just load one in your playbook and launch it. You'll see.
    02-24-12 11:45 PM
    No problem on mine..... Really wierd all these niggles since the last update.....
    02-24-12 11:56 PM
    this definitely needs to change. we need to be able to create slide shows for our PBs. i know a lot of people that have gone over to the iSide because we cant.
    03-04-12 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD