Does anyone know of a good free slideshow app for the playbook

The one in the pictures app does not allow you change the time the image is displayed for, or allow random order as far as I can tell

I have tried the gallery app which is in the android runtime but again no obvious way to change the display time or running order.

Any suggestions greatly received
    07-11-13 07:56 AM
    Files and folders will do sideshows of images in a folder on your PlayBook or dropbox etc. Can vary time but it doesn't appear to turn the images to suit the screen...It may be I'm not doing it right....

The other is luko frame. You have to select your images, it shuffles, you can vary time and stop the screen from going off...

Second application may be the sort of thing you're looking for perhaps??..
    07-12-13 04:57 PM
    Luko frame sound the sort of thing I'm looking for, but one of the reviews you have to add the photos individually whci would be rather tedious, I'll try the free demo version out

thanks for your suggestions
    07-12-13 05:13 PM
    I think from mem you can select more than one at a time..you just highlight them
    07-13-13 05:27 AM
    Yes I would imagine so but it would be better if the app allowed you to select a folder
    07-13-13 01:23 PM
    ES File Explorer has an integrated image viewer with a slideshow feature that you can set the time interval for, and can be used to view all the pics in a particular folder. It needs to be sideloaded, though. But, once sideloaded, it provides much more functionality. It can access and stream media from the Cloud, plus it can access and stream media over LAN from networked PCs, plus it has possibly the greatest music playlist functionality of any app available for the Playbook.
    07-13-13 07:18 PM
    I have es file explorer side loaded but could not find a way to view pictures or play music for that matter, I wonder if I have an old version ?
    07-14-13 04:06 PM
    I have es file explorer side loaded but could not find a way to view pictures or play music for that matter, I wonder if I have an old version ?
    What version do you have? I'm running 1.6.2.4. To open a picture, just navigate to your "camera" or "photos" folder and tap on any picture. A dialogue should pop up asking which app to use to view the pic- choose "ES Image Browser". The pic should open in the viewer. Then, you can tap on the opened pic and some small icons will appear- tap the top right icon. This will open a slideshow dialogue- pick a time interval and then hit Start to begin the slideshow.

Slideshow app wanted-img_20130549.jpg
    Slideshow app wanted-img_20130548.jpg
    07-14-13 07:43 PM
    Playing music can be a bit more involved. You can play one song at a time as in other players, just tap a tune and choose "ES Media Player" to play it. Or, you can queue up tunes and create playlists if you like. One way to do this is to navigate to your Music folder, then tap the "Select" icon on the toolbar to multi-selet songs. Then, tap on the tunes that you want to queue, which will then be highlighted, and then tap and hold on any of the highlighted tunes. A dialogue will pop up- choose "Music", and then "add to playing" from the next dialogue. The ES player will then open with the tunes chosen showing in order. To add more tunes to the queue, do NOT pause or stop the player. Rather, let the tunes continue to play and do a bottom swipe to go back to the file browser. Here, just repeat the process to add more tunes to the queue. When you're done adding tunes to the queue, you can now go back to the Media Player by swiping down from the top, choosing "More" and then "Music". When back in player view, you can now again swipe down from the top and choose "Save". This will let you create a playlist from the queued songs. As I think I noted above, these queues and playlists are not limited to music stored on your playbook, but can include files stored on your local network or items stored in the cloud.
    07-14-13 08:14 PM
    Thanks I never thought of tapping the picture!! I was scrolling the app from all sides of the screen without success, feel a complete fool, it works a treat I currently have version 1.6.2.5 and it works really well
    07-15-13 07:30 AM
    Files and folders will do sideshows of images in a folder on your PlayBook or dropbox etc. Can vary time but it doesn't appear to turn the images to suit the screen...It may be I'm not doing it right....
    F&F rescales large photos for me here; I don't know if it would upscale very small ones OTOH. It does handle folders, of course, which means you can define cleanly your photo set and then launch the slideshow. The only thing missing for me is the ability to pinch-zoom a given photo (like the default image viewer does)
    07-19-13 06:25 AM
    Next issue is how to get screen to stay on, longer than 5 minutes. I have tried 3 different apps in bb world but none seem to actually work, even though playbook is in showcase mode, anybody got any ideas
    07-20-13 06:46 AM
    Next issue is how to get screen to stay on, longer than 5 minutes. I have tried 3 different apps in bb world but none seem to actually work, even though playbook is in showcase mode, anybody got any ideas
    Files & Folders does this, and even in a quite tunable way (you can keep screen on all the time or only when in slideshow or media player mode for instance)
    H.
    07-22-13 06:14 AM