I love Slacker Radio. I have a Plus subscription. One problem: the PB version doesn't work with the bridge. The buffer fills to 1:30 and stops. So I held my nose and have been using the incredibly buggy and annoying web version. I have just now downloaded and sideloaded the .bar for the Android version and guess what...works like a charm. As the title says: unbelievable. If I have to go to a semi-legal hacked version of an app to get it to work on my PB when a non-working (ie. useless) native version already exists, something is amiss. Before RIM decides to cutoff sideloading and before you developers start complaining about piracy please note one thing: We want to be your customers! Give use a native version that works and we (me anyways) will open our wallets. I have faith that the future of native apps is bright (cough-Cascades) but in the meantime - and with RIM, the meantime could be anything - it would be nice to have apps that actually work. My $.02. By the way how will this saying change in Canada when the penny goes away in the fall

Michael
    chm985, kozmo68 and bertje01 like this.
    04-28-12 12:56 PM
    I love Slacker Radio. I have a Plus subscription. One problem: the PB version doesn't work with the bridge. The buffer fills to 1:30 and stops. So I held my nose and have been using the incredibly buggy and annoying web version. I have just now downloaded and sideloaded the .bar for the Android version and guess what...works like a charm. As the title says: unbelievable. If I have to go to a semi-legal hacked version of an app to get it to work on my PB when a non-working (ie. useless) native version already exists, something is amiss. Before RIM decides to cutoff sideloading and before you developers start complaining about piracy please note one thing: We want to be your customers! Give use a native version that works and we (me anyways) will open our wallets. I have faith that the future of native apps is bright (cough-Cascades) but in the meantime - and with RIM, the meantime could be anything - it would be nice to have apps that actually work. My $.02. By the way how will this saying change in Canada when the penny goes away in the fall

Michael
    I second your view, although I occasionally use slacker I haven't purchased full app simply because of my own purchased music collection. But I do purchase apps very regularly, if they're native of course. I also always provide review (good or bad) and thanks for supporting and developing for PlayBook. I make sure that my voice is heard by emailing the developer to again thank them for showing the playbook love. Hopefully the more people who do the same it will help reinforce that we are here, we are paying but we need better apps.
    04-28-12 01:57 PM
    So bluetooth works with the Android version but not the native??
    There is no excuse for that.
    04-28-12 04:32 PM

Michael
    The developers have to make a profit don't you know? Quality is not a concern. (Note Sarcasm.)

There's still the nickel... ;-) Well, since only virtual money is used on here it wouldn't matter. They may be discontinuing it, but it is still legal tender.
    04-28-12 07:27 PM
    Instead of bridge internet, try connecting to bluetooth tethering
    04-28-12 07:49 PM
    Internet teathering will work over bt. Also its most much faster to use mobile hotspot if you have 7.1
    04-28-12 08:11 PM
    I've also noticed Slacker does work function proprly using bridge.
    04-28-12 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD