For those waiting for SKYPE, check it out: https://imo.im/

I already tried and works quite well, puted it on my fav folder.

Cheers.
    Nico
    06-22-11 08:13 PM
    Not really the same thing, nice way to try and attract views though
    06-22-11 08:26 PM
    Sorry, not my intention to attract anything, Im not a status fanatic, so that I got very excited and couldnt stop my self for let it know. Im using it right now from my BBP and it works pretty well!!!!
    Cheers
    06-22-11 08:35 PM
    I played with this earlier today with Yahoo & AIM and it worked good, dont know about Skype, I dont use it but the messengers worked better than I expected
    06-22-11 09:22 PM
    Sorry, not my intention to attract anything, Im not a status fanatic, so that I got very excited and couldnt stop my self for let it know. Im using it right now from my BBP and it works pretty well!!!!
    Cheers
    No worries, was just bustin your chops
    06-22-11 09:23 PM
    For those waiting for SKYPE, check it out: https://imo.im/

I already tried and works quite well, puted it on my fav folder.

Cheers.
    Nico
    Already posted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/sk...t-more-624613/

I wish it was a real app! Maybe in 6-12 months we will be able to do what the rest of the market can do now!
    06-22-11 09:28 PM
    Skype worked great.
    06-22-11 09:34 PM
    can you video chat with this?
    06-22-11 09:49 PM
    Im a BB fanatic, allways fighting trying to make a point with with my Apple friends (lots of friends), but its really frustraiting not to have skype like the IPAD. LOVE MY PLAYBOOK.
    AsBloodRunsBlack likes this.
    06-22-11 09:50 PM
    i was able to have my front camera on during skype but my buddy couldnt see me and i couldnt see them and they said there camera was on?????
    06-22-11 10:03 PM
    can you video chat with this?
    Yes you can. I have not put it to a real world test but I used two Skype accounts on my home network and I could get it to connect without issue and view the video.

I have read in other forums that it works best if both user are connected via the imo.im website and in testing I have found this to be the case. You can also switch it to the rear camera as well.

Another alternative is aim.com/av as is also mentioned elsewhere.

06-23-11 04:05 AM
    yes, Video works, but the other person on their pc had to go on www.imo.com to see my playbook webcam.
    06-23-11 06:32 AM
    This does not really work between a PB and a desktop Skype not sitting in the same room/same network. I have tried several times and it simply does not work - at least the video.

Also, can the mods please combine some of these threads? I have no idea why the OP decided to post a new thread on this.
    06-23-11 10:22 AM
    I emailed a Mr. Neil Stevens from Skype on 12/7/2011 to ask him to consider a Skype for Playbook and his reply was, "Thanks John for your note, much appreciated. Unfortunately we currently have no plans for Skype on Playbook I am sorry to say. If that changes I will let you know. Best regards Neil"

So, it looks like that's out. Video chatting is a big request for me as I have 4 grandchildren who are of a video chat age! I'm not interested in just chat.

So, I have 2 questions for this group:

#1 - Will OS 2.0 solve our problems and allow us to use a Skype for Android app?

2. If not, are there ANY REAL options for video chatting? Tried the imo.im deal and was only able to text chat. I'll switch away from Skype (which all my family uses and I use on my desktop/laptop) in a NY minute for ANY video chat that works on my new PB.

I appreciate any and all assistance,

JohnLindy
    12-14-11 09:33 PM
    I emailed a Mr. Neil Stevens from Skype on 12/7/2011 to ask him to consider a Skype for Playbook and his reply was, "Thanks John for your note, much appreciated. Unfortunately we currently have no plans for Skype on Playbook I am sorry to say. If that changes I will let you know. Best regards Neil"

So, it looks like that's out. Video chatting is a big request for me as I have 4 grandchildren who are of a video chat age! I'm not interested in just chat.

So, I have 2 questions for this group:

#1 - Will OS 2.0 solve our problems and allow us to use a Skype for Android app?

2. If not, are there ANY REAL options for video chatting? Tried the imo.im deal and was only able to text chat. I'll switch away from Skype (which all my family uses and I use on my desktop/laptop) in a NY minute for ANY video chat that works on my new PB.

I appreciate any and all assistance,

JohnLindy
    I think the comwave app works with this, but i'm not entirely sure.
    chuckkdaduck likes this.
    12-14-11 09:37 PM
    Several threads on this already...

AOL AV works best for most - AV by AOL - Let's video chat!

ReelPortal - ReelPortal Video Chat - Home

and then imo.im... which in my opinion is the worst
    Last edited by bounce007; 12-15-11 at 05:11 AM.
    12-15-11 05:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD