06-29-11 04:12 PM
    Just proving the success of the PB compared to other new to market tablets, Skype is 'said' to be coming to PB and a 'fruit' branded tablet.
    06-29-11 04:26 PM
    I will be a very happy camper when Skype for Playbook is available.
    06-29-11 05:09 PM
    Yeah this is good news. Hopefully this app will look just as good on the PlayBook. I have noticed that the same apps generally look better on ios and android.
    06-29-11 05:20 PM
    fingers crossed
    06-29-11 05:42 PM
    Um, there's nothing in the video about Skype for the PB... reads like pure speculation to me.

(not that I would mind, but let's be real here...)
    06-29-11 06:22 PM
    The video is just a concept mock up of what skype would be on the ipad anyways...

So it's not really actual video proof of the ipad version in the first place.
    06-29-11 06:27 PM
    This will be awesome when it happens. I have family in far away places (not Fresno) that dont have PBs yet. Skype seems to be the best fit now, Google video chat works, but we gravitate toward Skype anyway.
    06-29-11 08:09 PM
    Skype its a must for a device like the PB... so, we will have it... and when we do the PB will be a step closer to get where we all (as in PB users) knew it will get when we bet on it... Lets just hope it'll be soon 'cause we are getting anxious...
    06-29-11 08:55 PM
    Let's hope this is not an empty promise, this will just make the PB so much better!
    06-30-11 03:04 AM
    I am using imo.im with my PB browser to contact folks with Skype. Fully functional with the exception of video. This is fine with me as we use this at work both internally and with our partner company in the UK - with voice or IM only. No need to run video when you are talking with folks at work.
    If you are a Skype user - this is as good as it gets for now from what I have seen.
    06-30-11 07:26 AM
    imo skype has functioning video fyi
    06-30-11 03:00 PM
    Hey guys!! Hey guys!! Remember that thread on crackberry about a month ago that said kindle was coming to PB??!!!

Well, did you hear there's a new thread on crackberry that says skype is coming to PB too!!!!

We will see. I have a 32 gb PB in the mail for me right now, so I'm not a hater or anything. I'm just not foolish enough to buy into these whispers and rumors. When it comes to PB apps, I'll believe it when I see it, no sooner.

How's that native email, calendar .... android app support ... coming along?!
    06-30-11 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD