You got my two bucks! Thanks for your perseverance.
    01-03-12 03:26 PM
    yes,finally they approved it.
    Is it just me or is 1.06 of the + version slower than normal?
    Sunspider ist just 2400ms vs. stock 2200-2250ms.
    Thats a huge difference,but its not just that,sited seems to start loading noticably slower.
    On which build version is the browsr build,os1 or the latest os2.
    I just ask because the latest os2 is faster than every other before
    Last edited by nimrodity; 01-03-12 at 04:17 PM.
    01-03-12 03:30 PM
    this is what the stock browser should have been.
    01-03-12 04:24 PM
    yes ui and features and options are better than stock,only the speed and smothness arent totally up to par yet i think,but for now it replaces the stock,and i am sure newer version will only make more sure of that
    01-03-12 04:39 PM
    Hey HaTax, enjoying the updates; you can now change the heading from pending to Done!
    01-03-12 06:02 PM
    HaTax I think i found a bug. After rearranging my bookmarks, i find that i cannot delete bookmarks.

I click on minus sign
    i highlight the bookmark
    it asks me if I want to delete it, i hit OK but the link remains
    01-03-12 06:34 PM
    I noticed that with the delete button the other day... I will fast track my current build to resolve that issue... My apologies!!
    Lhendr and KermEd like this.
    01-03-12 07:18 PM
    just upgraded and i really like your tabbed browsing.one thing i would want is that while 4 tabs opened, is it possible to continue surfing in one tab in a future update ? thanks.
    01-03-12 08:57 PM
    Hatax thanks for a great browser. I did encounter a low memory error while having only the browser open with the four tabs. I'm currently on version 2.0. I think this build tends to have not a lot of available memory.
    01-03-12 09:02 PM
    yes,finally they approved it.
    Is it just me or is 1.06 of the + version slower than normal?
    Sunspider ist just 2400ms vs. stock 2200-2250ms.
    Thats a huge difference,but its not just that,sited seems to start loading noticably slower.
    On which build version is the browsr build,os1 or the latest os2.
    I just ask because the latest os2 is faster than every other before
    Just downloaded and changed useragent to firefox and went on hulu, still doesnt work. can the option only be changed on the paid version?
    01-03-12 09:15 PM
    Just downloaded and changed useragent to firefox and went on hulu, still doesnt work. can the option only be changed on the paid version?
    i think for that you need rooting,correct me if i am wrong?
    01-03-12 11:27 PM
    been using the free version for a while and its awesome so i finally gave in, just bought plus minutes ago and now enjoying my tabs and bookmarks!! thx HaTax!
    Last edited by e2wenty7; 01-04-12 at 12:15 AM. Reason: mispelled
    01-04-12 12:04 AM
    thanx HaTaX ive been waiting so long for the update to get approved great app and i look forward to future updates. Keep up the good work.
    01-04-12 12:11 AM
    right now,its really amazing.Besides ad-blocking which will come soon there is only one small thing i would like to have to be totally happy.
    That would be text auto rearrange,but i doubt thats possible as long as the stock browser isnt capable of doing that,but nevertheless.Great to see a better browser out there already.
    01-04-12 12:12 AM
    Hats off to hatax for a great browser, the full screen mode really makes a difference on the playbook, i bought a copy. One request - a feature i would really like with the tab browsing would be the ability to open a tab in the background. Sorry if this is an obvious request, but I often i come to the crackberry forum and like to look through the thread list and open the individual threads in the background (on my desktop browser). Even if its limited to 4 tabs i think it would be very valuable and its also additional functionality vs. the stock browser which will hopefully push up sales.

thanks again,
    sophace
    nimrodity likes this.
    01-04-12 03:06 AM
    Great update, loving this browser even more.

I tried to download some pictures last night but they never saved to the playbook. The save option popped up and I hit save but I could find them anywhere. I then used the native browser and that worked.

Anyone else having problems downloading?
    01-04-12 07:53 AM
    Is there a way to stop the page loading when it takes too much time?

I downloaded a pdf. Opened up the reader and was able to open the download.
    01-04-12 08:08 AM
    Hatax:

Just came up in the main forum - can simple browser search on a webpage? If not, is it possible to add a SEARCH to it? It is one of my pet peeves re: the native browser - NO search.
    01-04-12 09:37 PM
    Gettig together the last of the bug fixes and cleanups for this quick version release. You'll gain URL bar usability improvements, private browsing, ad blocking and a host of other goodies that are buried in there. One feature some of you may like is text reflow can now be enabled in the options...

I am looking into a text search feature, but it will require a bit of coding around the newly introduced API to do so. Gotta keep some features for a future release anyway...
    nimrodity and Lhendr like this.
    01-04-12 10:15 PM
    Gettig together the last of the bug fixes and cleanups for this quick version release. You'll gain URL bar usability improvements, private browsing, ad blocking and a host of other goodies that are buried in there. One feature some of you may like is text reflow can now be enabled in the options...

I am looking into a text search feature, but it will require a bit of coding around the newly introduced API to do so. Gotta keep some features for a future release anyway...
    text reflow?really?
    wow Hatax,from today you are officially the best,that was the last feature i wanted to make your browser epic,cant thank you enough for that ,yipee
    01-04-12 11:57 PM

At the rate of the improvements/releases, I can expect Search by, say, tomorrow at noon! THANKS for this app.
    01-05-12 12:18 AM
    Please? Please put this in! You can charge me again to update, I don't care, I'm just so sick having to access "the full web" from a half-assed browser.

EDIT: By "half-assed browser", I was referring to the stock browser, of course. Anyway, I hope that's high on your to-do list! Thanks for what you do.
    Last edited by nextlevel88; 01-05-12 at 09:09 AM.
    01-05-12 09:06 AM
    hi! I'm having trouble in setting up the font size, it appears that it goes back to size 16(default) whenever I switch tabs. i know i can pinch and zoom in but i thought the option is there for a reason so i better ask...

also how can i change the default search engine?

btw love the fact that you can set a different homepage for each tab! - very nice!
    Last edited by e2wenty7; 01-05-12 at 12:07 PM.
    01-05-12 12:02 PM
    Again, ad blocking is my number 1 request- if it's an effective mechanism, you can up the price and I'd still buy it again..

That aside- there's been some good suggestions here for features, my votes go to:
    - swipe gestures to go back and forth in history or switch between tabs or even pull up the bookmarks (this would make the most of the full-screen view: you wouldn't have to pull down the menu to switch tabs or go back/forth or see bookmarks)
    - text search (this would be a nice one)

One other feature that hasn't been mentioned that I find useful with the stock browser is the ability to create a bookmark icon on the home screen and manage it like an app. Do you know if it's also possible for a user app to create a bookmark on the home screen the way you can with the stock browser.. I know I can package up a .bar with just an xml specifying the URI and a .png for the icon, but then I'd have to sideload it.. Can a user program create a bookmark directly on the desktop in some way? And more importantly, have SimpleBrowser open it up instead of the stock browser?
    01-05-12 02:12 PM
    SimpleBrowser+ rocks! Is there any plans to allow importing/synching of bookmarks?
    Wolf.
    01-06-12 06:55 AM
716 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD