I'm having trouble with links in my gmail opening up. I click on link, a new tab opens but never goes to link.
    10-27-12 11:42 AM
    I have a single question. If I watch youtube videos in Simple Browser and pause the video, will the entire video load in the cache(grey bar) or will the video stop loading after 30 seconds like the native browser?
    10-27-12 12:29 PM
    I am getting overall sluggish UI on SimpleBrowserPlus. Sometimes it takes forever on the splash screen. Sometimes it takes forever switching tabs. The tab formatting thing where it only takes up like a quarter of the screen once you switch back to the tab is still happening too. This has been happening for a while. Anything I can do to try and fix it?
    10-27-12 09:42 PM
    Might be something else running bogging down the os? Reboot and try again, clear cache is another scenario.
    10-28-12 08:33 AM
    Just wanted to share some settings that seem to do wonders for this magical little device.
    User agent
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; ru-ru; Galaxy Nexus Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30

And enable default adblock

Check out YouTube for awesome performance. It sticks to hd by default and super easy fullscreen controls.

Ps for users that want music to keep playing when device is off with full multi tasking functionality set the 4th tab to ipad user agent, and use that for all music streaming sites

With the newest PlayBook update I get almost no checkerboarding.
    anon(3870164) and nappp like this.
    10-28-12 01:12 PM
    Just wanted to share some settings that seem to do wonders for this magical little device.
    User agent
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; ru-ru; Galaxy Nexus Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30

And enable default adblock

Check out YouTube for awesome performance. It sticks to hd by default and super easy fullscreen controls.

Ps for users that want music to keep playing when device is off with full multi tasking functionality set the 4th tab to ipad user agent, and use that for all music streaming sites

With the newest PlayBook update I get almost no checkerboarding.
    I tried that user agent. all web pages including youtube get displayed as their mobile sites. is that how it works for you?
    10-28-12 02:10 PM
    Yes, but the mobile version of most sites format much nicer, especially YouTube. And even if you don't like the way the sites are formatted you can click to go to the desktop version and it will save your choice in the cache.
    10-28-12 03:11 PM
    great thanks! will give it a try all weekend testing it out
    10-28-12 03:17 PM
    I have a single question. If I watch youtube videos in Simple Browser and pause the video, will the entire video load in the cache(grey bar) or will the video stop loading after 30 seconds like the native browser?
    Please can anyone respond? I really want to buy this app.
    10-29-12 10:42 AM
    Please can anyone respond? I really want to buy this app.
    Yes, youtube behaves normally. I use it because youtube blocked the native browser, preventing me from signing into my account.
    10-29-12 10:53 AM
    Can you please test something for me.

Open a long video on YouTube. Let it start playing, and press pause. Does the grey bar loads the entire video into the cache or does it stop after a while? I would really appreciate if you could check this for me.
    10-29-12 11:08 AM
    Can you please test something for me.

Open a long video on YouTube. Let it start playing, and press pause. Does the grey bar loads the entire video into the cache or does it stop after a while? I would really appreciate if you could check this for me.
    There is a free version of Simple Browser, use that to do the test of youtube.
    10-29-12 01:30 PM
    Is the developer still active?

If so, I have just 2 requests.

1. Make an option for more than 4 tabs, maybe at least 6, because I disable active in background, and memory will not run out. 4 tabs is too little. 6-9 would be much better especially with non active background tabs

EDIT: Sorry for not reading previous posts. Now that I did, I would like to add something. Could you please let users keep the pane UI of tab switching if they wanted to, instead of tab UI? The Main reason I bought SimpleBrowserPlus is because of the tab switching Execution and the cool animations while doing that. I loved the old ipad tab switching method like this, and I really missed that and right after I saw this action on a review video for SB, I bought this app. And other than a few stuff, I like this tab switching method and the browser. Please give users options.

2.For me, this is pretty important. When in the tab Page, the current tab has a bright green outline, and I ABSOLUTELY hate the colour. It looks so ugly and cheap. Also the red colour when opening a new tab. I would prefer something like Grey or some modern colours. Also for the spinning wheel when opening tab and etc.

EDIT: Also sorry for not reading previous comments. This is on our way. Thanks.

I personally don't like the design of the icon and splash screen as well, but this, I can tolerate.

Please, I hope you update this app soon with the two above suggestions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by sw6lee; 11-05-12 at 09:09 PM.
    11-04-12 09:55 PM
    One more thing.

I changed my font size, but doesn't do anything, so I clicked on override CSS style, and I think this should make the fonts in webpages larger when I set the font to 20 but nothing happens, especially on websites like Crackberry.com.

Anyone have an advice? Thanks.
    11-05-12 08:54 PM
    Changing the font size *does* work, but many websites have a fixed font size only. Crackberry is one of them. Check nytimes.com, it will reflect the change.
    11-06-12 03:55 AM
    This is probably a ridiculous remark, but to enlarge the conversation threads here remember you also can just "double-tap" within a text, so that it jumps full size on the screen...
    djenkins6 likes this.
    11-06-12 08:18 AM
    @NoraMelua

I know what you mean, but isn't the option in Simple Browser called "Font Size Overrides CSS Styles" supposed to override the fixed size font? I thought this option is present in this browser to still make the changing font size work, even thought the web pages don't allow it.

I saw another thread from Crackberry that's was in the past about browser not usable in portrait mode because of the font size being too small, and someone said that because some web pages consist of CSS style fonts, or what ever it is.. the font sizes don't increase even though it's supposed to change according to "minimum font size" setting in portrait mode.

Hope you get what I mean.

I would like to use this browser in portrait mode, but this problem is stopping me from that..ticking the option doesn't do anything.
    11-06-12 08:34 PM
    This is probably a ridiculous remark, but to enlarge the conversation threads here remember you also can just "double-tap" within a text, so that it jumps full size on the screen...
    I don't want to keep scrolling around to see eventhing on the page. On Crackberry forum, yes you only need to see the comments, and posts, but on other websites, it's not like that. A lot of information are all showed all over the page. It's a website Daum -, which is a Korean portal based website. Try in portrait mode if you want. It's hard to see anything written on the web page.
    11-06-12 08:38 PM
    HaTaX I don't know if you are still looking for new ideas, but finding a reasonably simple GUI for such a function ('cache this site from now on to offlinewebapp it'?) I think it would be a very powerful feature, and found nowhere else...
    H.
    To come back on this topic, there is an interesting discussion today on slashdot about "separating webapps to increase security" in which I managed to mention SB+ (The Web Won't Be Safe Or Secure Until We Break It - Slashdot)
    11-08-12 04:45 AM
    Changing tabs is super slow I hope that gets improved. Also why does it need to load the splash screen before my homepage? Lastly, my.crackberry.com always does a Google search, why can't it just load the Site?

Using SB+
    11-11-12 05:19 PM
    I agree, why does it also need that spinning wheel just to switch between tabs? I think versions much before the newest release didn't have this, and it was much quicker when switching between tabs, even without a tab bar on the top.

Changing tabs is super slow I hope that gets improved. Also why does it need to load the splash screen before my homepage? Lastly, my.crackberry.com always does a Google search, why can't it just load the Site?

Using SB+
    11-13-12 05:21 PM
    when is simple browser + 3.0 coming out ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    12-14-12 03:09 PM
    I'm here and there, life sometimes gets in the way of the living I'd like to do.

I am working on some new features, I'm looking at giving the user a little more control over the UI itself. Animation speeds, colors, etc. Also have been looking at ideas for auto-login functionality for websites and figuring out some issues that have been there a LONG time. (https sites with untrusted certificates for example) I've also been looking at other code base environments that I could move SimpleBrowser to, possibly NDK or some other native implementation. After using the BB10 browser, I have some ideas that I'd like to try to keep SB+ one step ahead of it.

What kinds of things would you all like to see?
    @HaTaX. your browser is really unique and frankly perfect for tablets. It is funny that one person can come up with such unique idea and no opera,chrome,firefox or dolphin with army of programmers can come up with the same. at the end all four major browsers do the same in different packaging where your browser is special and unique. kudos to you. your browser is officially "must have" app on my playbook. I hope you can come up with some new features. one suggestion if I may make is to redesign look of your buttons to look more "professional". looking forward to future updates.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    12-14-12 03:19 PM
    As I mentioned in another thread, I would really love to see two buttons at the top of the screen that show whether you have Flash and Javascript enabled or disabled and to be able to toggle them off and on there. I usually have them both off and it would be nice if I could just tap a button ot two to get access on those occasional pages. I know that screen real estate is desperately valuable but maybe there's a way to juggle things a bit.
    12-14-12 04:07 PM
    There is one option missing in this browser which would be great to see. Right now any new tabs open in the next available tab but it would be great if there was option to make the browser open new tabs in the same tab. The issue is that i have all 4 tabs set up with different settings and some pages do not work the same in tabs with different settings (say java script off). So if i use TAB 1 I would like all new tabs open in TAB1. Not Tab 2 or Tab 3 or Tab 4 etc.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-17-12 11:03 AM
716 ... 2526272829
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD