The Firefox/Mozilla emulator on Simple Browser is awesome. Its the only way I can get Rdio to work on the PB.

It would be awesome if the audio could continue to play while the browser is in the background. That's my big wish for a future update.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    09-06-12 08:10 PM
    The Firefox/Mozilla emulator on Simple Browser is awesome. Its the only way I can get Rdio to work on the PB.

It would be awesome if the audio could continue to play while the browser is in the background. That's my big wish for a future update.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    Enable "Keep tabs active" in settings and run your pb in the "showcase mode". Also enable "keep playbook awake" in settings. That's it.
    robkd likes this.
    09-06-12 09:14 PM
    Enable "Keep tabs active" in settings and run your pb in the "showcase mode". Also enable "keep playbook awake" in settings. That's it.
    Doesn't work. For Example I have Grooveshark open in SB, I place PB on charge dock and press power button to sleep, grooveshark stops playing music. This doesn't happen with the stock browser.

For a while now I've switched away from SB and use the stock browser for almost everything. Switching tabs is unbearably slow and tedious.
    09-17-12 09:22 AM
    This crashing is really annoying. Its happening once a day again...

Any ideas? I've tried clearing cache and it doesn't seem to cut it.
    09-25-12 10:05 PM
    Been out of this thread for a while, but now that the official 2.1 OS update has been released I wanted to check in and see how it was working for people now? I had a number of tickets filed with RIM on the webkit engine and it looks like they addressed a fair number of them with 2.1.0.1032. Thoughts and opinions? At least now I can publicly talk about the text search on page feature. (Press and hold the menu button for 2 seconds)
    Wolfgan, nappp, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    10-03-12 12:49 PM
    Been out of this thread for a while, but now that the official 2.1 OS update has been released I wanted to check in and see how it was working for people now? I had a number of tickets filed with RIM on the webkit engine and it looks like they addressed a fair number of them with 2.1.0.1032. Thoughts and opinions? At least now I can publicly talk about the text search on page feature. (Press and hold the menu button for 2 seconds)
    Working OK for me on PBOS2.1 HaTaX... BTW, are you working on any new features?
    Wolf.
    10-03-12 01:46 PM
    yes anything new on the horizon?
    10-03-12 11:08 PM
    Hey, nice seeing you here. Still my main browser.
    10-04-12 04:01 PM
    It's now my main browser to even sign into youtube due to google blacklisting the playbook browser. All I got was "type mismatch" when trying to sign in. Now, simplebrowser beats that and allows me to sign in no problem.
    10-04-12 04:04 PM
    I'm here and there, life sometimes gets in the way of the living I'd like to do.

I am working on some new features, I'm looking at giving the user a little more control over the UI itself. Animation speeds, colors, etc. Also have been looking at ideas for auto-login functionality for websites and figuring out some issues that have been there a LONG time. (https sites with untrusted certificates for example) I've also been looking at other code base environments that I could move SimpleBrowser to, possibly NDK or some other native implementation. After using the BB10 browser, I have some ideas that I'd like to try to keep SB+ one step ahead of it.

What kinds of things would you all like to see?
    nappp and bitek like this.
    10-04-12 04:06 PM
    I'm here and there, life sometimes gets in the way of the living I'd like to do.

I am working on some new features, I'm looking at giving the user a little more control over the UI itself. Animation speeds, colors, etc. Also have been looking at ideas for auto-login functionality for websites and figuring out some issues that have been there a LONG time. (https sites with untrusted certificates for example) I've also been looking at other code base environments that I could move SimpleBrowser to, possibly NDK or some other native implementation. After using the BB10 browser, I have some ideas that I'd like to try to keep SB+ one step ahead of it.

Well, the user agents presets could use updating to reflect Mozilla firefox 15/16/17/18/19/20, IE 9 (on windows 7), Safari (OSX/iDevices, latest release), Android browser (choice of version 1.x-4.1 for google play compatibility possibly?), google/chromium at it's latest version.

Edit: Forgot to add, for the paid and free versions.
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 10-04-12 at 04:13 PM.
    10-04-12 04:10 PM
    I'm still amazed that you implemented search on page, and then the os caught up with your coding and it just worked without a simplebrowser update
    10-04-12 04:13 PM
    Thanks HaTaX for reacting here!
    I'd advocate for a simple way to handle ad blocking using both your preset list and some personal additions ('and' rather than 'instead'), and then maybe six or eight tabs instead of four?
    Thanks again, it's refreshing to see you have plans including for BB10
    10-05-12 04:24 AM
    I'd like ability for more tabs, with quicker way of switching. Actually I think I'd rather have tabs than panes, maybe show full screen but when you pull down you see the tabs also.
    10-05-12 04:36 AM
    I'd like ability for more tabs, with quicker way of switching. Actually I think I'd rather have tabs than panes, maybe show full screen but when you pull down you see the tabs also.
    I would prefer tabs and quicker switching as well. With the current setup, it can be a real pain if you accidentally click a link and it opens in a new window. It takes a bit of time to close the new window. Maybe a long press on the tab then a popup "close tab Y/N"
    10-05-12 07:51 AM
    Agree, switch to other tabs quicker is something I long for. I posted my idea a while ago, about implementing multitouch gestures (ie drag 2 fingers right or left and that switches to next or prev tab).

Auto-login in sites (remember credentials) also in my wishlist.
    Another idea, ability to set UAS per site, inside bookmarks' properties (ie YouTube be accessed as Firefox 3.6, Googlemaps as iPad, ...)

Thanks HaTaX for keep pushing SB+ as the best PB browser! Wolf.
    10-05-12 07:58 AM
    It's now my main browser to even sign into youtube due to google blacklisting the playbook browser. All I got was "type mismatch" when trying to sign in. Now, simplebrowser beats that and allows me to sign in no problem.
    I was getting same error sometime back for gmail, finally it worked for me by using complete mail while logon([email protected])
    10-05-12 08:29 AM
    A nice feature would be being able to import all the bookmarks from the standard browser, this would make it easy for people to switch to simplebrowser. Also if we could use bookmark lists exported from our desktops i.e. Chrome, firefox, etc
    10-06-12 08:19 AM
    The only feature I want to be improved is the tabs switching method. If it can be done similar to the stock browser then it would be great. Switching tabs now is not as intuitive and quick as the stock browser. Thanks Hatax for this!
    10-06-12 12:06 PM
    Another suggestion for new features: there are sites which would be worth much more than 'offline reading'. As an example I think of Pixlr, an excellent online photo editor that is so good that it generated at least three attempts at packing it as a 'separate application' (Pixlr editor, Pixlr o matic, Sumo Paint Air...), two of which still require quite sillily an internet connexion (presumably to pixlr) to work.

If SimpleBrowser could be set to cache, say, up to 20 Mo of data from the pixlr site, and maintain this cache indefinitely, then one simple bookmark to the site would eliminate all need for the previous photo apps.

Here we are not talking about just "read it later" webpages : that's nothing less than announcing the possibility to turn offline any webapp.

HaTaX I don't know if you are still looking for new ideas, but finding a reasonably simple GUI for such a function ('cache this site from now on to offlinewebapp it'?) I think it would be a very powerful feature, and found nowhere else...
    H.
    10-07-12 11:38 AM
    Since official 2.1 os update simplebrowser, standard browser and app world seem to conflict. If I'm using simplebrowser and follow a link to app world simplebrowser shuts down. If I'm in app world and start simplebroser then app world shuts down. Likewise often happens if i try using standard browser and simplebrowser at same time.
    10-10-12 01:16 PM
    HaTaX, I love your browser and one thing I would like to see in an upcoming update is the ability to quickly jump to the top or bottom of a webpage, similar to what Dolphin or Maxthon offer on Android.

I am working on some new features, I'm looking at giving the user a little more control over the UI itself. Animation speeds, colors, etc.
    That would be fantastic. The one thing I dislike about SimpleBrowser is the color scheme. I'd like to see something that closely resembles the native browser.
    10-13-12 03:35 AM
    Weyhey, just bought Simple Browser+ and iPlayer is working again.

Using the default browser only brings up a must upgrade flash option from BBC iPlayer website.
    10-16-12 04:45 PM
    I bought SB+. What I'd like to see is the ability to place Bookmarks onto Playbooks home page. Perhaps through cut and paste function?
    10-26-12 07:25 AM
    I'd like to see a folders option for bookmarks in future updates please.
    10-27-12 10:52 AM
716 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD