I get the feeling he has abandoned us. Since the update to 2.0 I rarely use SB+.

I think he is still making apps, a week or so ago a app called SimpleVNC appeared in newly added app list. Sad if he forgot us!

I really liked the tab idea, when it worked.
    03-11-12 10:09 PM
    I get the feeling he has abandoned us. Since the update to 2.0 I rarely use SB+.

I think he is still making apps, a week or so ago a app called SimpleVNC appeared in newly added app list. Sad if he forgot us!

I really liked the tab idea, when it worked.
    Browser is cool but the tab issue was never resolved properly. I hope this will be fixed eventually. it is good app

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    03-11-12 10:59 PM
    I was going to go for this browser myself, but after testing the free version it had some serious issues. The keyboard would not come up when entering the URL bar. I rebooted the PB and it still occurred. Not sure what that is about...perhaps some OS 2.0 compatibility issue. Now I read that the author has apparently abandoned the project. So sad...
    03-11-12 11:22 PM
    Just bought Simple Browser. Should have checked here first. Darn
    I did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully he'll see that people are still purchasing it and will give us an update. At least it's a browser where we can organize our bookmarks.
    03-12-12 12:39 AM
    I know HaTaX is active on the CB forums. HaTaX please hears us!!!!

There are many here who have paid for SB+ and want to know whether you will update it to support 2.0. Will you fix the tabs issue? Or have you given up on SB+?
    03-12-12 09:42 PM
    About a week and change ago I did speak with HaTaX on IRC on #dingleberry.it briefly. Very briefly, as in one question and one answer. My question to him was whether or not he was going to ever update his app as the users on the CB forum had been asking. His response was that he's been really busy lately and that he's been meaning to make a post on the forum... Unfortunately I didn't inquire more...
    03-12-12 09:49 PM
    Good questions,

HaTaX is very much alive and well - although sometimes I think he wishes he wasn't right now. He has been beyond busy. He's in a state where he's dedicating about 19-20 hours a day. And just doesnt have enough time in a day.

He's planning on a whole heck of a lot more than a minor Service Pack. So its going to take a lot of time, work and testing to get the new version out. Stay patient, it will be worth it

~ Ed.
    HaTaX and Wolfgan like this.
    03-12-12 10:04 PM
    It might be worth mentioning that the whole thing behaves much better with tab animation turned off. I still get the sizing glitch which can be worked around with an orientation switch, but at least I've stopped losing tabs.

And I'm somewhat disappointed to hear the adblock doesn't work for others. It does a dandy job in my install and easily doubles browsing speed on most sites. Even takes care of YouTube embedded ads. It's the sole reason that I will endure the bugs of the current release and not even consider going back to the stock browser.
    03-13-12 12:42 AM
    As I sheepishly come out from the shadows to apologize to my loyal user base, let me say I'm sorry! I have been slammed at work lately with lots of activity which is good, but my daughter is at a pretty special point in her life and I haven't even spent the time I should with her. Anyway, work will always be there, so I can't use that as an excuse.

I actually thought they would fix some of those issues with the resizing and such come 7971, but they didn't... Over the last week I have put time into fixing these issues and have come up with a few nice workarounds that should keep you from ever seeing the mis-sized tabs again. Also been brewing up some new ideas on how to deal with tabs, sessions, multiple pages of tabs, etc.

Aiming to have an update uploaded to RIM before the end of the week, and I'm certainly going to be open to beta testing very soon.

Promise to check back in within a few days with a progress report!
    03-14-12 01:47 AM
    Nice to see you back HaTaX,take your time no rush,there are more important things in life
    gailsher and dave1701 like this.
    03-14-12 02:07 AM
    wow, i was starting to search the dragon balls to revive hatax hahahaha, yes im having issue with the tabs, the x to close them dissapear
    03-14-12 03:17 PM
    As I sheepishly come out from the shadows to apologize to my loyal user base, let me say I'm sorry!
    The Skyrim development kit comes out and suddenly a renowned programmer disappears without a trace� I'm on to you�

Anyway, good luck with all the 1's and 0's. We only complain cuz we miss using your app so much.
    03-14-12 03:35 PM
    Welcome back hatax. Glad it was nothing more than life going on in your absence. Or should I say work.
    03-14-12 04:49 PM
    Very cool man, and don't let us BB nuts make you think you should put SimpleBrowser ahead of your family
    rob9804, dave1701 and harist3a like this.
    03-14-12 05:08 PM
    Is it possible to use the Adblock Plus Filter https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/fanboy-adblock.txt with SB+ ? I use it with Firefox on my PC and it blocks all ads and popups on the sites I enjoy streaming from.
    03-16-12 12:42 AM
    Is it possible to use the Adblock Plus Filter https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/fanboy-adblock.txt with SB+ ? I use it with Firefox on my PC and it blocks all ads and popups on the sites I enjoy streaming from.
    Right...I specifically purchased this browser because of the ad-block capability that was suggested. That has never worked...period. I've tried everything.

To me the built-in browser is just as good...

Give me ad-block capability.
    03-19-12 03:41 PM
    As I sheepishly come out from the shadows to apologize to my loyal user base, let me say I'm sorry! I have been slammed at work lately with lots of activity which is good, but my daughter is at a pretty special point in her life and I haven't even spent the time I should with her. Anyway, work will always be there, so I can't use that as an excuse.

I actually thought they would fix some of those issues with the resizing and such come 7971, but they didn't... Over the last week I have put time into fixing these issues and have come up with a few nice workarounds that should keep you from ever seeing the mis-sized tabs again. Also been brewing up some new ideas on how to deal with tabs, sessions, multiple pages of tabs, etc.

Aiming to have an update uploaded to RIM before the end of the week, and I'm certainly going to be open to beta testing very soon.

Promise to check back in within a few days with a progress report!
    When you can squeeze out a small amount of time, you should help us with the Skype & Netflix project.
    03-19-12 03:46 PM
    Right...I specifically purchased this browser because of the ad-block capability that was suggested. That has never worked...period. I've tried everything.

To me the built-in browser is just as good...

Give me ad-block capability.
    The native browser is NOT just as good when it crashes 4 times a day and has fewer features. That's the reason I bought SB.
    03-19-12 03:52 PM
    Ad blocking works for me most of the time if not,I just disable and reenable it,no real problems so far,and by far superior to the stock one
    03-19-12 04:21 PM
    When you can squeeze out a small amount of time, you should help us with the Skype & Netflix project.
    Don't send a developer to do a job better performed by a guy named "Vinny" carrying a baseball bat and a bag of cash. "Youse really wanna help my guys out, and here's a nice bag of lettuce to make it happen. Or, we can do it a different way. Which leg do you lead with on your golf swing again?..."
    03-19-12 04:41 PM
    Don't send a developer to do a job better performed by a guy named "Vinny" carrying a baseball bat and a bag of cash. "Youse really wanna help my guys out, and here's a nice bag of lettuce to make it happen. Or, we can do it a different way. Which leg do you lead with on your golf swing again?..."
    We already have a few great developers on this, including some already associated with Hatax.
    03-19-12 06:03 PM
    Great to hear (read). Is there discussion with Netflix and Skype also going on, because they would have to be on board to make these services available. Anything the masses can do to advance the case for these services?
    03-19-12 06:28 PM
    Great to hear (read). Is there discussion with Netflix and Skype also going on, because they would have to be on board to make these services available. Anything the masses can do to advance the case for these services?
    Lots of discussion with not too many ideas lol.
    There's been a few workable suggestions for Netflix that are being looked into, nothing solid yet (and few ideas that can be done without investing fairly substantial resources which might be shut down by Netflix within days, if not hours).
    Skype not so much, BUT there's a lot of people looking into alternative multi-platform clients for video chat. And honestly, if a Playbook app can be made that allows you to call video chat to other platforms and in your PC web browser, what would you need skype for?

Enough on that here though, this is HaTaX's Official Simplebrowser thread
    03-19-12 06:32 PM
    Ad blocking works for me most of the time if not,I just disable and reenable it,no real problems so far,and by far superior to the stock one
    Try watching sports with your PlayBook at vipbox.tv I want SB+ more than anything to work on this site the same as when using AD block plus with the fanboy filter for Firefox on my pc. Works beautifully with no ads or popups. Maybe the PB does block ads and I'm just to stupid to know how to change the custom ad block settings. Anyone have a clue ? Anyone ?
    Last edited by EricB1968; 03-20-12 at 02:47 PM.
    03-20-12 02:45 PM
    Try using the Fanboy URL in the Block Advertisements, Custom section.

Paste the following address there for all of the Fanboy functionality:

https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/r/fanboy-complete.txt

Works like a charm.

For a list of the various filters available see:

https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/filters.html

Old Ag

EDIT: Just noticed that while it works, it doesn't have all the capability of AdBlock under Firefox.
    Last edited by Old Ag; 03-21-12 at 12:51 PM.
    gwfbc likes this.
    03-21-12 12:43 PM
716 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD