Hey hatax for pb ip address where i find it? Is it IPv4 or MAC address?
    I just figured this out, so hope you don't mind my answering this:

On your playbook, go to 'About'. Under the dropdown menu, select 'Network'. Your IP address is the IPv4 number (all the stuff before the "/24").
    HaTaX likes this.
    08-07-11 01:51 PM

On your playbook, go to 'About'. Under the dropdown menu, select 'Network'. Your IP address is the IPv4 number (all the stuff before the "/24").
    Another easy way to find it if the PB is already in development mode is to click on the little person icon by the clock. (Development mode icon) The little box that pops up has your current IP address in it.
    08-07-11 01:53 PM

yes thats it so now i have to install to pb this file right PB-Installer,SimpleBrowser.bar,lib,apks,Downloads,goo gle. now these are the files i found after extracting GApps-PB-rev2 and Playbook_Tools.
    Last edited by TaZ52083; 08-07-11 at 02:05 PM.
    08-07-11 02:01 PM
    So here is my question make a folder in misc in pb called Android and put all the files i unzipped there?
    08-07-11 02:07 PM
    So here is my question make a folder in misc in pb called Android and put all the files i unzipped there?
    Probably better posted in the other thread that's for the Android player, but you shouldn't have to make the "Android" folder. It will be created automatically once the Android player is installed and started for the first time.

If you've got the downloaded files, follow the instructions at the top of that thread closely and that should square you away.

GApps-PB-rev2.zip and Playbook_tools.zip really aren't related at all. One is for loading BAR files, and the other is to get the Android player setup properly. The Playbook_tools files are to be run on your PC only, while the GApps-PB-rev2 files are to be copied over to the PB and run from within the Android player.
    08-07-11 02:13 PM
    ok so the files for GApps-PB-rev2 where i put it in pb?
    08-07-11 02:19 PM
    ok so the files for GApps-PB-rev2 where i put it in pb?
    Take a look at the instructions here: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...15-min-635980/
    And then if you still can't get it to work, post in that thread with where you're stuck.
    08-07-11 02:41 PM
    Take a look at the instructions here: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...15-min-635980/
    And then if you still can't get it to work, post in that thread with where you're stuck.
    ok will look at that thread.
    08-07-11 03:01 PM
    ive tried both ways of getting the sys.android.bar onto the playbook, the DDPB says its successfully installed it but the player is no where to be found on the playbook and the pb installer says it is unable to access jar file - bar deploy, am i making a stupid error along the line somewhere?
    jude
    08-07-11 11:53 PM
    ive tried both ways of getting the sys.android.bar onto the playbook, the DDPB says its successfully installed it but the player is no where to be found on the playbook and the pb installer says it is unable to access jar file - bar deploy, am i making a stupid error along the line somewhere?
    jude
    I had a similar error when installing. I was able to just delete the app player and reinstall again (took about 10 minutes to install the whole thing...hung at around 32% then jumped to 92 or something) and it is working fine. Give that a shot.
    08-08-11 05:09 AM
    i tried it and it said "completed... exiting" but nothing happened on my PB. does this mean i got it working?

EDIT: it showed up now. working great. thanks
    Last edited by belseat; 08-08-11 at 08:24 AM.
    08-08-11 08:18 AM
    Thank you very much for this, now Blackberry News is working even in my unsupported country

Just a question, if there will be some update available for this app (in the future), how can I upgrade it? Because i do not see BB News in my installed apps.
    08-09-11 09:25 AM
    Just a question, if there will be some update available for this app (in the future), how can I upgrade it? Because i do not see BB News in my installed apps.
    You'll have to download a new bar file from someone that posts it. App world only recognizes applications that were installed through it, and won't list updates for those apps.

If a new version comes out, maybe I can find that poster again.
    08-09-11 10:54 AM
    This works great ... followed your instructions and it installed without a hitch. whoooppee! ... finally a native email client for the Playbook (via Android).
    Last edited by emrhys; 08-11-11 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo
    yoo2660 likes this.
    08-11-11 10:19 AM
    Hey guys Im tottaly new with Playbook..
    I just swicth from Ipad 1g To Playbook...
    is there any tutorial video on this.. Please HElp
    THANKS
    08-11-11 08:20 PM
    this is not ***** proof, I cannot get it to work
    08-15-11 12:43 AM
    this is not ***** proof, I cannot get it to work
    Well, this thread wasn't for proof, we know it works.

What part are you getting stuck at? Are you getting an error message, if so what is it?
    08-15-11 01:17 AM
    For some reason, I can't drag the simplebrowser.bar file onto the Batch file? It just doesn't do anything.

Running Win7, not sure what I am doing wrong
    08-25-11 01:20 PM
    For some reason, I can't drag the simplebrowser.bar file onto the Batch file? It just doesn't do anything.

Running Win7, not sure what I am doing wrong
    Most likely a permissions issue, try dragging the bar file to the same folder the batch file is in, then drag it to the batch file. You'll know if there's a permissions issue going on if you see the red "no enter" sign while hovering over the batch file with the bar file "click dragged."
    08-25-11 08:28 PM
    And how to create a file .bar??
    08-26-11 04:05 AM
    Hello,

First off thanks for breaking this down for all of us. However, I having one weird problem and it's very possible i did something wrong. When i go to open the Android player on my PB it seems like it working right at first, pops open a screen with the BB emblem in the middle like other apps do, but instead of going to the recent task screen it just closes out.

What did I do wrong?
    08-26-11 11:31 AM
    I am having the same issue as scoobsDM. It worked before the last Playbook update
    08-28-11 11:05 AM
    I am having the same issue as scoobsDM. It worked before the last Playbook update
    My friend the Android App Player does not work anymore after the recent update, and sadly we can't re-install it. Wait till OS ver 2.0 is released to get the official Android App Player by RIM.
    08-28-11 12:33 PM
    Thanks for this - surprisingly easy... got my first app working in less than five minutes (and that includes installing JRE )
    08-28-11 01:54 PM
    So I managed to install a few applications without any problems. My question is since I am running out of space, how do i uninstall some of these applications?

Thanks
    09-02-11 01:20 PM
118 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD