How can I change column width on Playbook Sheet to Go? I know I can create a sheet as I wish on Excel and move it to the Playbook but I'd like to be able to create a spreadsheet with variable column widths in Sheet. The tutorial covers other cell formatting particulars but not widths.

Hope someone can help.
    05-02-11 01:25 PM
    Welcome to the club, We Be Sheet Out Of Luck. Lots of work to be done on that whole suite of apps concerning the BB Playbook. If you have a workaround, just do that for now. Hopefully updates will correct some of the probs and make these apps somewhat useful.
    05-02-11 05:00 PM
    Patience is your best friend here. I've been down this road myself with RIM support and resizing columns along with a host of other basic spreadsheet features are currently "not supported" at this time. C'mon updates

Hopefully this situation with S2G will change soon for us all. For me personally, having S2G in a small 7" form is what won me over to the Playbook over ipad2 for the work I need a tablet to do.
    05-02-11 05:06 PM
    You also canNOT copy the contents of a cell or block of cells. So don't pound on the screen like some folks I know (me!).
    05-02-11 05:30 PM
    Thanks, guess I'll just have to wait for an upgrade (I hope).
    05-02-11 07:41 PM
    Is anyone able to see cell comments entered in Excel on the playbook?
    10-15-11 04:58 PM
    Is anyone able to see cell comments entered in Excel on the playbook?
    I didn't want to create a new topic. Anyone know how to see cell comments in sheets to go? Also, is there a search function within the app?

Thanks
    02-12-12 09:51 PM
    No SEARCH function (none in Word-to-go) or the Browser or in the pdf app - pet peeve. I don't know if this will be added in OS2.

I don't know about the "comments" in cells.
    02-13-12 10:01 AM
    I see they added the ability to adjust row heights and column widths in the last big update (I suspect). I don't recall anyone else mentioning this and I didn't find anything in a forum search or the help section. In case anyone else doesn't know this and wants to, you just have to tap the row or column name while in non-keyboard mode to highlight the entire column or row. Then drag the right edge of the column label cell or the bottom edge of the row number cell to the new size. You can adjust multiple adjacent rows and columns and all will be made equal heights or widths. It's a small thing but certainly makes the programme a little more grown up.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-12 10:04 PM
    I see they added the ability to adjust row heights and column widths in the last big update (I suspect). I don't recall anyone else mentioning this and I didn't find anything in a forum search or the help section. In case anyone else doesn't know this and wants to, you just have to tap the row or column name while in non-keyboard mode to highlight the entire column or row. Then drag the right edge of the column label cell or the bottom edge of the row number cell to the new size. You can adjust multiple adjacent rows and columns and all will be made equal heights or widths. It's a small thing but certainly makes the programme a little more grown up.
    When you say the last big upate are you speaking of the 2.1 OS update?
    08-02-12 07:57 AM
    I just tried this on my PB Sheets to Go and it does work. I am using OS 2.0 so it should be working for all PB users ....Thanks for the Tip
    08-02-12 08:23 AM
    When you say the last big upate are you speaking of the 2.1 OS update?
    Actually, I'm still on 2.0.1.358 and have been on it since release. I just happened to notice that functionality last night while playing around. I've always been a big fan of spreadsheets since Lotus 1-2-3 and I think small ones work very well on a tablet.
    08-02-12 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD