Hi,
    The Holidays are right around the corner, so SHAPE has started a holiday app sale!

IM+ Pro is already on sale: 9.99 -> 2.99
    Here is an AppWorld link to the application:
    Buy IM+ Pro - Download IM+ Pro - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

SHAPE is also going to announce a big sale on other BlackBerry and Playbook apps tomorrow.
    IM+ Talk 9.99 -> 4.99
    RDM+ 39.99 -> 9.99
    RDM+ PlayBook 9.99 -> 4.99
    TSM 39.99 -> 9.99
    VNC+ 29.99 -> 9.99

KidCaboose likes this.
    12-13-12 04:49 AM
    7.99 when you click through.
    (edit) Canada. Says 1 thing and in confirmation says another
    (edit) Hours later and same shiz. Same prob with eufloria
    Last edited by wired cleric; 12-13-12 at 12:42 PM.
    12-13-12 06:35 AM
    We are you based?
    12-13-12 08:00 AM
    Does the pro version work over bridge and not time out?
    12-13-12 08:21 AM
    when you go to purchase im+ the price is 7.99
    Here too, and it's really shocking: indeed in App world the announced cost is 2.99€, then you enter your BB code etc., and just at the last "OK" screen, where usually you just consider your sign-in was OK, the price has silently become 7.99€

I'm sorry M. SHAPE, you have the best product here, but I call this being on the edge of stealing.

[edit] there already is a new buyer's comment in App world complaining about this (and he visibly paid the upper price)
    I just emailed SHAPE about it -after all maybe there is a failure somewhere...
    Last edited by Herve5; 12-13-12 at 12:13 PM.
    12-13-12 11:51 AM
    Do you click on a 2,5€ button but confirms on a 7,5€??

WTF??

Go **** SHAPE!
    12-13-12 12:19 PM
    It's not the developer's fault. Price differences of apps for which the price has changed shortly before are not uncommon. The problem is that the shown price and the checkout price are not perfectly in sync. The AppWorld service provider, Digital River, is to blame. Typically it takes a few hours. In some cases way longer.
    Herve5 likes this.
    12-13-12 12:24 PM
    It's not the developer's fault. Price differences of apps for which the price has changed shortly before are not uncommon. The problem is that the shown price and the checkout price are not perfectly in sync. The AppWorld service provider, Digital River, is to blame. Typically it takes a few hours. In some cases way longer.
    Oh, that makes me wonder why the higesht price is always the one of confirmation and not the one to hook the people.
    Herve5 likes this.
    12-13-12 12:30 PM
    Oh, that makes me wonder why the higesht price is always the one of confirmation and not the one to hook the people.
    It should work both ways. But the case you mention obviously annoys people enough (rightly so) to write about it.
    Herve5 likes this.
    12-13-12 12:47 PM
    It should work both ways. But the case you mention obviously annoys people enough (rightly so) to write about it.
    Still, it's not only annoying: in most countries, it is, let's say it bluntly, illegal.
    12-13-12 03:39 PM
    Still, it's not only annoying: in most countries, it is, let's say it bluntly, illegal.
    I guess that's right. There are also other things on AppWorld that might be worth a look regarding legality. But as it's mostly country specific and most apps cost little not many seem to care.
    For example, I bought a very useful app when it came out for 4.49€. The app description stated it's an introductory sale and the regular price would be $19.99. After the sale, it directly got into another sale (holiday or something), then another one and so on. Though the sale prices varied a bit, I've never seen it priced the claimed regular price. That advertisement practice is forbidden in Germany (Mondpreiswerbung), yet no competitor seems interested in stopping it or - most likely - knows or cares about it.
    Herve5 likes this.
    12-13-12 05:11 PM
    At this hour, one day at least after the price change on App world, Digital River is still not updated.

That's certainly caused by the RIM salesperson reciting the new pricelist too slowly on their vocal phoneline, isn't it?

I don't know if there have been new victims; at least, they didn't post new comments on the app world, or they are deleted.

[edit] indeed: they have been deleted!
    The one I saw yesterday that explained having been charged twice the announced price, has disappeared.
    I know devs have a right to ask removal of outraging comments : I didn't expect SHAPE would react this way to my email describing the issue...
    Rjinswand likes this.
    12-14-12 02:04 AM
    There might be problem with the price change process in general atm. It'd be nice to see some official words by R.I.M. or Digital River.
    I'm waiting for the advertised price of Eufloria HD being reflected by the actual checkout price for about 4 days now. This was posted on the developer's blog about the issue:
    Anyone who has been charged the wrong price should let me know. Seems there has been a problem at the payment processor. If you provide your Blackberry ID I can get the difference refunded once RIM confirm.
    [...] It shouldn’t be happening any more but apparently it can do so Rim are still looking at it. Anyone being overcharged should contact me us and provide the address they use their blackberry with and then Rim can refund as appropriate.
    Herve5 likes this.
    12-14-12 03:47 AM
    This is App World issue, sorry
    Please try again in several days..
    12-14-12 03:52 AM
    Price changes are handled by BlackBerry App World.
    12-14-12 06:24 AM
    Anyone who paid more than the price shown on the screen can contact [email protected] and include your receipt to get a refund of the difference.
    12-14-12 06:39 AM
    And it appears that the price difference has been fixed at least for I'M Pro+ in Canada. Huzzah.
    12-14-12 07:58 AM
    And it appears that the price difference has been fixed at least for I'M Pro+ in Canada. Huzzah.
    I can confirm this in France too. Still this adventure does leave me more hesitating than I was at the time of OP...
    Is there someone here having bought it? What exactly was added in the last update?

Price changes are handled by BlackBerry App World.
    Dear, er, 'Catherine Temple', a suggestion: instead of wasting the time to stick a fashion model pic in your avatar for your first advertisement post, may I respectfully suggest you'd better a) use IM+ logo -more frank and more efficient, and above all b) verify the buying process, waiting until DigitalRiver is updated before advertising here?
    Same for our new friend Rebecca
    Last edited by Herve5; 12-15-12 at 04:05 AM.
    12-14-12 10:35 AM